Post-Game Talk: #56 Penguins at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In the Flyers defense, even though few shots were in the middle of the ice, a lot of the side shots were cross crease passes that forced the goalie to make a crazy save. Lindblom alone had 3 chances that he somehow stopped and I know there were plenty more cross ice passes and shots that weren't the type of weak perimeter chances that the picture suggests.

They didn't have 50 prime chances, but they sure as hell had a lot.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
THIS is what happens when you take demonize all physical punishment and scream every time someone gets knocked on their ass. If anything stronger than a love tap gets everyone's pitchforks out then the players can't police themselves and have to rely on the faulty and rigged Wheel of Justice that favors the big names. Not trying to go full Mango here and pray for the return of pure goons but there's gotta be a comfortable medium between that and figure skater tantrums. At least if you want people to take your league seriously.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Whatever man, keep defending that pansy.

Pens fans would’ve been able to stand there without flinching if you swung a stick at their head.

Penguins fans would have said "I deserve this for punching a guy with a glove in the back of the head," and done the honorable thing.

They're just so admirable.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Penguins fans would have said "I deserve this for punching a guy with a glove in the back of the head," and done the honorable thing.

They're just so admirable.
For sure. They would have stood there and took the chop to the face because it's the least they could do for that vicious decapitation attempt by Raffl. Typical dirty Philly... good thing it wasn't battery giveaway night..

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
You'd figure that the poor calls would even out at some point .......but they never do.

The only logical conclusion is some form of intentional bias or favor
Confirmation bias. Fans only see and recall bad calls against their team.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Homers only see and recall bad calls against their team.

The best hockey minds, coaches, writers, posters at HFboards, etc eliminate or minimize bias of all types. Which you, so far, are incapable of doing. This screams of your hockey intellect.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He embellished. Which is exactly what he should have done. Irrelevant.
A player literally tried to chop his head with a baseball swing and you're crying about embellishment.

A player literally tried to chop his head with a baseball swing and you're crying about embellishment.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Whatever man, keep defending that pansy.

Pens fans would’ve been able to stand there without flinching if you swung a stick at their head.

This needs a field test. Round up some dbag Pens fans (basically any of them). We can increase the speed/velocity/contact after each flinch :naughty:

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania

He embellished. Which is exactly what he should have done. Irrelevant.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad