Post-Game Talk: #56 Penguins at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Well if we were behind the pens in the standings we would catch them. They look
Horrible. About to lose Malkin for a chunk. Canes should catch them soon. We still have Hart and should be getting upgrades to the D and possibly the 4 line. It will take another 8-9 game win streak to make it but they could do it with Hart.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
:laugh: Aww come on man, you don't think that was pretty tame and well behaved? No shots fired, nothing mean. Just some goofy posts in this thread are blowing my mind!

I'm over here like
zRA6aa0.gif

Remember Tessio's last words to Tom "It was nothing personal, simply business." Don't become Tessio.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This just confirms everyone's worst nightmare for this season, most likely outcome is just missing the playoffs.

Hart will make this team competitive and make sure we don't bottom out; we are likely finishing outside the playoffs and with a middle first.

Life as a flyers fan.

Give me a top 10 pick and I’m happy cause of Hart :).

Also a young fwd for Simmer and let’s go.

Reactions: freakydallas13

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
There's a few Pens fans defending Malkin's penalty on the main boards. Absolutely baffling.

I understand you're upset that Raffl was abusing one of your top guns, but borderline condoning him blindly whipping his stick at head level is inexcusable.

when you live in a meth infested artery clogging incestual pool of scum that is pittsburgh logica and reason go out the window along with hygiene and literacy.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This just confirms everyone's worst nightmare for this season, most likely outcome is just missing the playoffs.

Hart will make this team competitive and make sure we don't bottom out; we are likely finishing outside the playoffs and with a middle first.

Life as a flyers fan.

I’m not sure how people didn’t see that coming the millisecond Hak got fired mid-season and Hart got called up. It’s not like this is new ground for this franchise. I’ve been checked out from the team since then.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You are ok with the players we have? Hextall is that you? Son or father?

This team needs changes. Doesn’t have to be much more subtractions but they need some big adds.
I'm very happy with our top players and I think we just need to add some more depth behind them, whether that means lucking into one of the big FAs or if its just adding guys like Frost and Myers.

Maybe I misunderstood, but this part made it seem like you were questioning the teams leadership or saying our leaders weren't good enough...
They need skilled players that are established and leaders

If I misunderstood, then my bad.

Reactions: TheKingPin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The ref assumed Murray was going to catch it. Majority of the time he probably does & it’s not really an issue but yeah the worst possible scenario happened there.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well if we were behind the pens in the standings we would catch them. They look
Horrible. About to lose Malkin for a chunk. Canes should catch them soon. We still have Hart and should be getting upgrades to the D and possibly the 4 line. It will take another 8-9 game win streak to make it but they could do it with Hart.

Lol as if Malkin will EVER get suspended

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The complaints about JVR this game are just kinda silly. JVR is a winger who doesn't touch the puck very often. He's the complementary finisher on a line with our top playmaker at C and our top high-energy/whirling dervish winger. G and TK had pretty bad games so JVR isn't going to do much in that situation. He's not Ovechkin or Tarasenko.

PP1 has also been a mess with Giroux on the right side. They finally sorta got it figured out on the major but it was too little, too late. If JVR could consistently create his own offense as well as having incredible hands in tight in front of the net then he'd be a $10M player and we wouldn't be clamoring for Panarin.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Pens fans calling for Raffl to get suspended is why that fan base has always been a joke. Raffls little sucker jab is what you see in almost any hockey scrum. You know what you don’t see?? Players using their stick as a weapon. That’s suspendable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad