Post-Game Talk: #56 Penguins at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
51 shots on goal in a three period game & lose 4-1. Murray was really good where Hart not so much, just one of those nights. Dominate like that & more times than not the goalie isn’t going to be up to task.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don’t know why people are getting mad. Konecny hasn’t done a thing. At least Raffl was skating hard tonight.

Anyways. Tough loss. Not Hart’s best game.

JVR pisses me right off

This organization values guys like Raffl year after year instead of kids like Konecny that actually have talent.

It’s frustrating as hell, and playing Konecny more would have helped their chances to win. Raffl out as the 6th man was a piss poor decision. A guy that most cup contenders wouldn’t play on their own fourth lines is chosen to go out as the extra man. f*** Gordon.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Morin in the outdoor game for Geno would be sweet. He won’t be suspended sadly, we needed him to make full contact and he’s may have got 25 gamez

Reactions: TheKingPin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Not that Shrek would ever be called in for one, but here's Malkin at his discipline hearing:

giphy.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This organization values guys like Raffl year after year instead of kids like Konecny that actually have talent.

It’s frustrating as hell, and playing Konecny more would have helped their chances to win. Raffl out as the 6th man was a piss poor decision. A guy that most cup contenders wouldn’t play on their own fourth lines is chosen to go out as the extra man. **** Gordon.

It shows you how broken this organization is. Not only do they favour plugs like Raffl over youth speed and skill, there are fans that also believe it.

The old school Flyer culture has to end. Fletch either has to fire Gordon or move out the slop, we can’t have him coaching like this down the stretch

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Toronto totally needs to be able to call down on a call like that with the Ref and say that is a good goal..but besides that they played relatively well..save they seemed to be getting in each others way and were fighting the puck

The NHL has been clamoring for more goals and edicts over time have been applied to protect goalies. Fine, but I have been a proponent of limiting quick whistles in all aspects including the simplest dump in when a goalie gets the benefit of the doubt and skates towards an opposing player. The game has been sterilized enough, goalmouth scrambles are some of the most exciting plays the sport produces. It is an affront to the integrity of the paying public to see a call like that go unchallenged.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Morin in the outdoor game for Geno would be sweet. He won’t be suspended sadly, we needed him to make full contact and he’s may have got 25 gamez

Lmfao Myers hasnt even played a game over MacDonald or Hagg yet despite being phenomenal all season in the A and you think Morin is getting into games?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Lmfao Myers hasnt even played a game over MacDonald or Hagg yet despite being phenomenal all season in the A and you think Morin is getting into games?

I know it won’t happen lol.

That Raffl useage in the 3rd broke me, don’t really care what happens rest of the year. Leave all the kids on the Phantoms for all I care.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I don’t know what’s more irritating.

Malkin whipping his stick around like that or ****sburgh fans acting like he just got Bertuzzi’d by Raffl.

The rule as such is a mandatory major for intent to injure during the process of carrying a stick to that level. If contact was made, it would have been something similar to what happened to Bobby Clarke in a game against Detroit in the 1980s. The Red Wings' player received a multi-game suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad