Post-Game Talk: #56 Penguins at FLYERS, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Well I hope after this garbage performance they go on 10 games winning streak... Raffl on PP as a 6th forward in the end of the game with playoffs on the line, TK on 4th line.. flat out trash coaching.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Is what it is. Must win game, and against this organization - again they lose.

Gordon really deserves lot of heat for this one.

Sticking with an obviously failed first PP experiment for too long, demoting Konecny/promoting Raffl, and that g-c-v line that produced nothing.

He didn’t help them at all tonight.

They had everything but the finish. It happens. People have crazy unrealistic expectations

No one in particular deserves any heat for this game

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm going to stay positive and hope the NHL does the right thing and suspends Malkin for at least 5 games. We can get right back in it if that happens.

Good performance overall, this has to be the most dominating Corsi/xG performance by a Flyers team vs. the Pens in years.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
They had everything but the finish. It happens. People have crazy unrealistic expectations

No one in particular deserves any heat for this game

I thought JVR did nothing to help them win.

Hart with an iffy game.

Gordon with some questionable decisions and Mac/Hagg with the usual crap. Fourth line largerly just warm bodies.

This one hurt. Wanted Hart to get the record.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Flyers played great in every way but the score. It happens. Refs didn't help. Unfortunately, this is just the position the team is in after a horrid start. Good on Hart for tying the win streak record, even if it wasn't his night. I'm just not that negative right now. It was a helluva game. I came away entertained for 2.5 hours.

Patrick may have been the best player on the ice. My lord, it's like he's skating at a gear he's never reached and consistently backing off defenders with his skill. Even on the PP, it's like he was QBing the half wall with more confidence and determination than ever. I ****ing love it. This looks like a future 1C. I'd love even more to see Giroux on his wing right now. It's time. Oh, and given we lost, how 'bout some Myers?
This is the rational take. Tip your hat to Murray. We’ve been stoked about our goaltending finally carrying us and we just got absolutely stone walled. It happens. f*** it.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Remember when they were getting their faces caved in while winning under Hakstol and many were still miserable? Apply the same principle. It doesn’t stop making sense when it’s inconvenient.

Now I’m off to watch Abducted in Plain Sight. I’ll bet what this family does makes more sense than some of the Flyers’ usage.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I don’t know why people are getting mad. Konecny hasn’t done a thing. At least Raffl was skating hard tonight.

Anyways. Tough loss. Not Hart’s best game.

JVR pisses me right off

Reactions: marcsson68

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You play like that in 100 games and you win 99, while scoring 5+ goals in most.

Any frustration should be directed at the horrific coaching, incompetent refs, and just pure terrible luck.

Blasting individual players after a game like that doesn’t make much sense. Even the typically horrible ones were tolerable because the team overall dominated and made them almost invisible.

I was certainly entertained and really happy with how they looked overall.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Gordon has done a good job. When he took over we weren't even thinking about playoffs.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I don’t know why people are getting mad. Konecny hasn’t done a thing. At least Raffl was skating hard tonight.

Anyways. Tough loss. Not Hart’s best game.

JVR pisses me right off

Down 2 goals, we don’t want to check, we need to score 3 goals. You can’t see why Raffl over TK is wrong, really ?????

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad