#55 KINGS lose @ COYOTES, currently down 3-0

Henry1515

Jul 24, 2005
my Opinion, Sutter needs to stop making excuses for the team, we are not the only team with a compressed schedule. Loved when Darly Evans said it on air tonight.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
This team has lacked creativity since Terry Murray was here. This is the Murray/Sutter system, shouldn't you surprise you anymore.

Well, earlier in the year they had a little sprinkle of offensive creativity. Now there is none whatsoever!

I'd love the Kings to just throw the puck into the mouth of the goal to cause chaos after they recover a rebound once in a blue moon, but all I ever see them do is peel off and pass the puck to the point! Gahhh! Just chip it, kick it, throw it back towards the goal. The goalie is out of position!

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kings need to watch the Wild do tip drills to the net on the Ducks... 4 goals now.
Pretty much every goal is a tipped shot.. Imagine that..

Henry1515

Jul 24, 2005
In the past I have generally defended the NHL refs, but this year after the Detroit where's-the-******-puck game and now no instigator call on this...???? and the Kings are shorthanded after a hard clean hit?!?

These are not hard calls to make. :help:
I 100 percent agree, I have lost all respect for the NHL this year, the reffing and the guys in the situation room have been absalutely absurd, everyone of them should be replaced!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
We have a fire sale! Everything must go! :laugh:

my Opinion, Sutter needs to stop making excuses for the team, we are not the only team with a compressed schedule. Loved when Darly Evans said it on air tonight.

He hasn't been making excuses.

He's been sick for over a month?

And what is the source, one message board poster. Kind of like the supposed Kopitar injury last spring when people said it so much it became fact. And then it was proven to be false.

I was asking a question.

BehindEnemyLines

I miss 2012 & 2014
Nov 26, 2007
ID
Penguins, Philly, and Blackhawks next. Oh ****

g4vlvIj.gif

:laugh::laugh: my reaction exactly!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Kings don't need creativity. They need to go to the net. They need to get in front of the net. They need to be as basic as possible. They need to want to do that.

In the last 4 games, the Kings have scored 2 goals, both by Kopitar right in front of the net. If the players don't want it enough, the system doesn't matter.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
The Kings don't need creativity. They need to go to the net. They need to get in front of the net. They need to be as basic as possible. They need to want to do that.

In the last 4 games, the Kings have scored 2 goals, both by Kopitar right in front of the net. If the players don't want it enough, the system doesn't matter.

Go back to my post earlier. The Kings can't get to the net and what good is it if the D is in the shooting lanes? It'll get blocked. Basic offense so a basic D to counter it. The opposing goalie will never have to move from his position. All he needs to do is gobble up the rebounds or control it. Offense denied!

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Team needs emotion right now. Every skater just seems drained right now, hopefully a string of home games to end the pre-Olympic slate helps...

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Anybody remember Wayne Gretzky Hockey PC/Amiga game? Remember you can design your own offensive and defensive schemes? I think it'll be fun to draw up our own plays and post them on here.

HolyShot*

#2C, a defenseman or two, and a left wing. All of which can be done if enough cap is cleared.

Unless the Kings are trading for Crosby or Stamkos, this scoring problem isn't going away until the offseason. There isn't any one player out there who can solve this.

Guy is probably the most dedicated on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Guy is probably the most dedicated on the team.

There are those intangibles again.

Well here are some tangible stats.

- 1 goal in 31 games
- less even-strength goals than Alec Martinez, Jordan Nolan, Kyle Clifford, Jarret Stoll
- On the ice for more goals against than any other King.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Go back to my post earlier. The Kings can't get to the net and what good is it if the D is in the shooting lanes? It'll get blocked. Basic offense so a basic D to counter it. The opposing goalie will never have to move from his position. All he needs to do is gobble up the rebounds or control it. Offense denied!

There shouldn't be a "can't get to the net" in the Kings vocabulary.

The Kings need to get to the net. To me, the last thing a team that has scored 29 goals in their last 18 games(1.61 goals per game) needs to do is try to be fancy. Instead, they're all along the boards, hoping to pass their way to the net.

Go to the net, and score the dirtiest, most garbage goals possible. Off legs, heads, dumb luck, whatever.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I'm sick of the lines already. I'm perplexed that Sutter is a line shuffler, yet when the team sucks for a long period we see very few line changes.

Reunite the lines that we started the year with ffs.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i'm not fully worried mostly because they maintain puck possession, they often win faceoff draws, they often outshot the opponent, the goaltending has been above average

they can't score...and i think it's mostly a testament to the grinding style of the coach...the players don't and can't respond to this style over a 82 game season and then the playoffs

is the passion lacking? yes

the skillset per se? yes

but they have a team similar to boston and st louis and they both can also score

i really think it's the coaching system that is making the players sick

add a LW scorer like Moulson I promise you it won't solve much.. it'll motivate the Kings for another short term push...but we'll have the same problem come next year

Sutter's system did deliver a cup, but after awhile when the thrill wears off...you're left with players thinking that their entire career will be a grinding system? There's really no fun in Sutter's system...and even if hockey players are professionals and are paid well...they still need to enjoy the game

i feel zero enjoyment from the players for a long while now

that's my two cents

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Think maybe the Carcillo trade possibly sucked the life and energy out of the locker room/press box? Observe:

Since 1/4, when the Carcillo trade took place, the Rangers are 8-3-1. The Kings are 5-6-2.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There are those intangibles again.

Well here are some tangible stats.

- 1 goal in 31 games
- less even-strength goals than Alec Martinez, Jordan Nolan, Kyle Clifford, Jarret Stoll
- On the ice for more goals against than any other King.

There's also the inevitability of his decline (which has already begun), and the Kings can't afford to pay that kind of money to a Shawn Horcoff. If he really is injured all the time, that's what he's going to become sooner than later.

Now I really like the guy and in 2012 when this subject came up I rubbished it straight away. But either he needs to be stronger, or we need to get a different player so we remain strong down the middle, which is what this team is supposed to be. A lot of our problems come from a lack of impact at our center position. We need Richards to start making plays. Richards used to be a great PP player, and now he isn't. That's a problem too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad