#55 KINGS lose @ COYOTES, currently down 3-0

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings schedule is extremely weak in March and April.

Mostly at home, only one more game against the Central Division (Minny). Plenty of East Coast cannon fodder teams.

Most of the Pacific teams have to play the Kings in Staples....

If the Kings cant turn their season around with that WEAK ass schedule........

The whole organization top down needs to go, players too.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Wasn't able to watch the game today but based on the score it sounds like it was classic Kings hockey. Can't wait to watch nothing happen on the trade front except maybe Fraser for a 9749th round pick. What the **** is management doing? I know how the Oliers fans feel now.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Wasn't able to watch the game today but based on the score it sounds like it was classic Kings hockey. Can't wait to watch nothing happen on the trade front except maybe Fraser for a 9749th round pick. What the **** is management doing? I know how the Oliers fans feel now.

You can watch the Kings dump the puck in even after they gained the zone on the power play. As far as trades. Nothing.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
When the team is being outnumbered 2-on-1 along the boards by penalty killers, that's a sign of exhausted players playing **** hockey in a system that has ground them down to dust.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The Kings have scored 29 goals in their last 18 games, a 1.61 g/g.

yvNKepN.gif

KingKopitar11*

I don't really blame the team. We play one brutal system, I'd be **** tired too.

One team similar to the kings in size and system is the Bruins, and look how bad they've been. The system needs to also change. It's too energy consuming.

Edit I do really blame the team. Haha. And the system. Cant trust the system man.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I don't really blame the team. We play one brutal system, I'd be **** tired too.

One team similar to the kings in size and system is the Bruins, and look how bad they've been. The system needs to also change. It's too energy consuming.

Playing 8 games in 13 days isn't exactly helping.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I don't understand why Sutter insists on keep Carter and Kopi on the same damn line. He changed for 2 games but put ****ing Lewis with Kopi. It's such crap. If Richards isn't cutting it as the 2nd line center, move Carter to center, and move a sniper up to play with kopi. TT should be in the top 6 at least for a few games to give him a shot, not playing with crappy centers like Fraser. It keeps both Williams and Carter in the top 6 and creates a spot for TT.

If the reason Sutter isn't playing TT is for defense purposes, playing with Kopi actually protects him a bit from it since Kopi is so good defensively.

King - Kopi- TT
Brown - Carter - Williams

Seriously, the offense can't get any worse, why not give something like above a shot.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So long as Lombardi gets his dream team of 20 Mike Ricci's, this team is going to always struggle to get goals. We started to see what this team is made of when they faced stiffer competition in the 2013 playoffs. They reached the Conference Finals due to the efforts of Jonathan Quick. Goals evaporated, the big names went into hiding, and the powerplay struggled then.

These same issues have carried over into this season and we have been concerned with how this team has been playing since late December. And we're already entering February and there's 27 games left to play on the season, and the Kings find themselves 6 points away from being outside of playoff contention, with two games in hand (Kings have played 55 games, Phoenix has 53).

I'm really concerned that this team may very likely miss the playoffs if they don't get any goal scoring support and don't improve their powerplay.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Furthermore...

Watching the power play (just loop it)...

YdQzH.gif

Realizing that the power play is only ranked 25!!!

kramer-reaction-seinfield.gif

A Muzzin pinch leads to an odd man rush and then a goal...

3iriy.gif

Quick skates to center ice while shaking his head. He's ready to fight!

kramer-horse-bet-o.gif

Kings can't score on a SEVEN minuter power play...

uPMsTuK.gif

Brown gives me an elbow...

k-man1.gif

Any Kings related notification on my phone...

Ari-Gold-Anger-Throws-Phone-Against-Wall-Entourage.gif

This post is GOLD Jerry!

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
I believe there will be a "miracle" recovery after Olympic brak.

This team need a rest, a lot of rest. They are playing a style of hockey that you just can't play over marathon of 82 games + PO all the time on the same pace. To be successful, team must play on top of his pace. If not, there are holes in their game. Kings game is checking, grinding, physical game, playing 200 feet in both directions, no coasting allowed and for sure this will much more wear you down then relying on speed and positional game.

For me this is simmilar as if you would run marathon 42km. I can start with the pace runers usually have on runing for example 3km, but I certianly can't keep this pace through all 42 km. This tempo will just wear me down somewhere in the middle of full distance. And I'll go through chrisis and then depend up to me if I'll be able to recover short term and finish strong or I'll give up. I won't win at the end but maybe I'll be the strongest in finish sprint and then if winner is ready to run additional few km (aka PO), I'll maybe beat the winner in the few extra km because I'm again strong as I was at the beggining.

I do believe fatigue is huge factor there. When you don't have much energy left in your tank, the most visible is at scoring goals. Shots are not accurate anymore, not powerful anymore, you don't have this extra energy anymore to beat opponent for that extra step, so you start playing much more conservative. And that are Kings right now.

So thats why Olympic break will do miracles for this team (or at least for most of the team). Players that will play on Olympics will get extra adrenaline burst and I see a bit problematic only for Brown to be participating on Olympics. He should be the first in this team that need at least one week off the ice not thinking at hockey at all and in my oppinion he should cancel participation by himself and take a rest. Carter, Doughty are not a problem, Kopitar will play four games and then have at least one week off, so this is also not a problem, Quick will share his playing time with Miller, Voynov also won't have much problems because he'll mostly play 3rd pairing minutes on Russian team.

I really hope rest of the team will have at least four, five days without stepping on the ice at the beggining of the Olympic break. They just need that...

Last edited:

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
So I wake up this morning (I am no longer staying up late watching Kings games, it is not worth it) and LA is just 8 points ahead of the 9th ranked Coyotes (and PHX has 2 more games to play).

This is awful. Best start in LAK in their 46 year history in the League and it will be also their greatest collapse.

It is not impossible that we will be out of the playoff picture BEFORE the Olympic Break.

I doubt DL will make a big move but honestly, if it isn't done, this team is going nowhere. Offense is worst than TM's era.

I for one, always opposed Brown being traded but reality has settled in now and he, as almost anyone on the team (except Kopi, Quick, Carter, Drew) can be part of a trade.

:help:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
The Kings schedule is extremely weak in March and April.

Mostly at home, only one more game against the Central Division (Minny). Plenty of East Coast cannon fodder teams.

Most of the Pacific teams have to play the Kings in Staples....

If the Kings cant turn their season around with that WEAK ass schedule........

The whole organization top down needs to go, players too.

One minor bad stretch during a loaded season and the whole organization needs to go? These dudes have their minds and bodies elsewhere right now, cut em' some slack...

Kingsfan22

Feb 19, 2013
The only way I can watch games right now is after DVRing it, I will watch in regular speed if it's tied or the Kings are up. If they're down I resorted in keeping it at 1X fast forward....

It's too painful to watch right now.

I haven't commented in a while, but, my frustration is through the roof right now with this team. I want to go see them play Columbus next week, but as sad as it is to say, I don't want to spend money on going to a game until they at least play like they want to win.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That is no excuse. This Olympic year has a difficult calendar for every team in the league.

In general, yes. However, the Kings played Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, and that Monday game was a difficult game in SJ. Phoenix was off on Saturday, played Sunday, and siting at home on Monday.

That doesn't have much to do with the overall pathetic offense, but the Kings just didn't have the energy level last night either. Plus, the Kings rarely do well in Phoenix anyway, rest or no rest.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This is awful. Best start in LAK in their 46 year history in the League and it will bealso their greatest collapse.

Might be, if their recent play continues. But they also played well enough to get off to their best start in franchise history. Things could just as easily turn around and go the other way, as we've already seen happen this year.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012

Yeah, cause a mid-season slump is exactly the same as missing the playoffs for six or eight straight seasons.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
I think if one of them is gone it's Richards over Brown. For many reasons "both on and off the ice".

Here we go again with the innuendo and rumours- please detail the off-ice reasons Richards and/or Brown should be gone for. I get it- they're both having poor years and haven't looked good doing do. But the reality is, much as Richards and, to a lesser extent Brown, are perceived to be the only reasons that the Kings are apparently under-performing, the whole team, from top to bottom (except maybe Quick) looks disillusioned, uninterested and physically wasted. Not only that, they play like they're afraid to make a mistake, be out of position or, heaven forbid, be creative.

Twice I've seen Nolan jumped after a hit and there's been absolutely zero reaction from anybody. This team's slide started about game 35; not sure how that compares to when Sutter tinkered with the line-up that had, up to then, been pretty successful. My gut feel is that the players are at the stage where they don't believe Sutter's system (if anyone knows what it is) will work anymore and/or they're just tired from all the pounding they give and receive playing under him. There's no joy or fun on the bench when they're winning (or losing), in fact, there's absolutely no emotion, and heaven help us when Carter's streaky play hits the downside (and it will).

If there's no substantial improvement before the Olympic break, a major trade might be made if Lombardi can keep within the salary cap rules. Heck, the Kings might become sellers if it looks like a play-off position is threatened. Brown and/or Richards might look better playing as a veteran presence on a young contending team, assuming the Kings can fill their positions. I'm almost hoping they're traded so I don't have to listen to the perpetual *****in' about their play. However, that won't change things overall; Sutter will be the next move, likely not until off-season and then only if they miss the play-offs or have a short run if they do make it.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I don't get what all the crying is about.....let's get real, going down the stretch, it wouldn't be Kings hockey if A) they weren't fighting for their playoff lives OR B) they were out of the race all together.

Same ****, different year. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad