• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He was never as bad as people made him out to be last year as is the case with this boards whipping boys.

He was every bit as bad as people made him out to be last year.

Hes found a situation/system that suits him better. The point totals are a complete facade and a game like tonight shows exactly why he won't be missed, but he was undeniably horrible last season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They've done mostly the right things on defense.

On the right side, they've eradicated bad players one after another and replaced them with nothing but skill. Even Trouba, who I've had my difference with, is extremely skilled.

Staal is low-hanging fruit. Next year is the last of his contract and I expect him to ride off into the sunset, but they need to grow a pair and stop playing him. They need to grow a bigger pair and do something about Skjei. He's not good enough and recognizing that will be the challenge.

What they really need to get cracking on is the bottom six. For once in my lifetime, let's stop it with the plugs. If they can do that, I'll have a renewed faith in them that I haven't had before.

Gorton's record on thinking his 4th line needs to have NHL players on it is spotty, though.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the PK was low key awful tonight. SOOO passive, collapsing too much, just letting Laine have the wide open one timer. Saved by Shesty and some luck(broken stick for Laine, shanks etc.) I hate having Howden on the PK. He's not good at anything including PKing.

Reactions: will1066

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
We have elite goaltending again. We’re on our way to playoffs next year no doubt in my mind.

shesterkin might make it interesting this year frankly

Love Hank and grateful for his career. Shesty makes it clear how far he has fallen from his prime.

For an unlucky franchise going from one elite goalie to another is looking good so far and is quite fortunate.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He's a damn good player and this team will miss what he brings.
I never said he wasn’t good, or that what he brings is easily replaceable

But this is what Kreider is. A hot and cold guy. People act like he’s playing any different than he has the last 5 years

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Moderator on the Winnipeg board multiple times accusing Lindgren of using homophobic slurs based on pure speculation and conjecture. What an absolute joke. A heads up to posters in case you see Winnipeg fans spewing that nonsense - it came from their moderator.
Hate Winnipeg & their fans, but who wouldn’t be a miserable human living in Winnipeg?

I remember some rag from Winnipeg dug through Jordan Binningtons tweets during their playoff series and found some politically incorrect jokes he made when he was a literal child and tried creating a distraction out of that, was glad they steamrolled them.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
A few observations:

The first 2 lines controlled the game tonight. Chytils was good in spurts, the 4th....................
Out of the 40+ shots not many were dangerous, which isn't a shot at Shesty, he was very good.

The 4th line Lemieux-Howden-McKegg were ****ing horrible tonight.
Fast handled the puck like a hand grenade tonight, Panarin could have had 5 assists.

Can we get better breasts behind Quinn please?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Miamipuck

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also, Rangers apparently have the 3rd most regulation wins in the Eastern conference, more than the Isles, Philly, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Carolina etc yet we're nowhere even close to a playoff spot. the NHL points system sucks.

Inverse of last season when they had like 3 regulation wins and 70 loser points.

Aside from the obvious candidates who were great such as Fox, Shesty, Kreider... thought Staal was solid tonight. Trouba, Buch, Lindgren, all very good as well.

DeAngelo did not make a lot of smart decisions. Careless.

DeAngelo was on ice for 1 high danger chance against which came off of a brutal giveaway by Staal.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Moderator on the Winnipeg board multiple times accusing Lindgren of using homophobic slurs based on pure speculation and conjecture. What an absolute joke. A heads up to posters in case you see Winnipeg fans spewing that nonsense - it came from their moderator.

report them to the Admins.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Inverse of last season when they had like 3 regulation wins and 70 loser points.

DeAngelo was on ice for 1 high danger chance against which came off of a brutal giveaway by Staal.
He was pretty good tonight, closed off much bigger players into the boards a few times, had some close chances and made some nice plays. Players incidentally push players into their goalies pretty damn often but this user bashes DeAngelo even more than I bash Trouba.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

This just isnt true... He made one terrible pinch that led to an odd man rush. He made bad passes with the puck all night. He had bad positioning and got caught running around at times. I like DeAngelo but he was not good tonight.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Pionk discussion, really? At best he’s a 3RD who can play on the PP. We have Fox and TDA who are better than him in that PP role and are also better defensively. He had no place here.

Trouba is an upgrade defensively and can be as effective if not more on offense. Even with the price disparity, Trouba is more effective in his role than Pionk would’ve been in that role.

There’s literally no reason to even be discussing Pionk.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He was pretty good tonight, closed off much bigger players into the boards a few times, had some close chances and made some nice plays. Players incidentally push players into their goalies pretty damn often but this user bashes DeAngelo even more than I bash Trouba.
“this user”....just @ me. Dont be a child about it.

I like DeAngelo. Like a lot about him. But I’m not going to ignore when he has his braindead moments. He had quite a few tonight.

And no you clown, it has nothing to do with the collision with Igor.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
“this user”....just @ me. Dont be a child about it.

I like DeAngelo. Like a lot about him. But I’m not going to ignore when he has his braindead moments. He had quite a few tonight.

And no you clown, it has nothing to do with the collision with Igor.
Are you sure you like DeAngelo? I don’t remember the last time you’ve ever said anything positive about him lol, I said positive about Trouba as recently as this GDT. There’s you and that guy with a picture of some food dish who always complain about him, I have a hard time believing you like DeAngelo. Which is fine, everyone has players they like or dislike. I’m just honest that I do not like Trouba and won’t pretend I’m impartial

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This just isnt true... He made one terrible pinch that led to an odd man rush. He made bad passes with the puck all night. He had bad positioning and got caught running around at times. I like DeAngelo but he was not good tonight.

Nope this wasn't a thing.

He didn't handle the puck as well as he normally does, but he still did a good job generating some quality chances. He had the highest xGF of all Ranger defensemen. He must have done something right. The best shift the team had all game came in the 3rd where he and Panarin basically danced around the Jets for 30 seconds before Staal f***ed it up.

If we're going to call out the bad pinch, fine, he got bailed out by Fox on that one. His D partner made more egregious mistakes tonight that went unnoticed because they either didn't result on a SOG or an odd man rush.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:

Players: Trouba and Kreider.

Coach Quinn post-game scrum topics: What was he more impressed by through 42 minutes, the 4 on their side or the 0 for the Jets? What did they do defensively to limit what the Jets could do? What did he think when Igor Shestyorkin got hit and then left? Shestyorkin's first game on the road. What does the first goal late in the period do for the game?

To listen click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad