Post-Game Talk: #55 - 02/11/20 | Rangers @ Jets

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Egomaniac Steve Valiquette condescends Anson Carter asking him if he has the mental capacity to remember the calendar years of 2014 and 2015.

Reactions: Kakko and effen

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Igor is so much better than Georgiev. I get that Georgiev is young too but I really think we should move forward with Igor as the number one and Hank as the backup until his deal runs out and move Georgiev for some assets now before his value tanks. Who’s gonna give that much for him when he’s indisputably a back up? That way we can get some assets, we have our stud new starter and we don’t have to buyout a franchise icon.

Honestly the only was the Rangers should buyout or trade Hank is if he asks for it. If he wants to stay as the veteran mentor and possible platoon guy if needed, then do that. But I wouldn’t be forcing him out to keep Georgiev. Not when Igor is this good. He’s our guy. Get some assets for Georgie and let him try and be a starter somewhere else. Then in 2 years we have Wall, Huska, Lindobolm or possible nobody that Allaire finds a la Georgie as the backup.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As I said on Game thread:

Both piggy banks for my girls have been infiltrated by yours truly and the money is on the way to the Garden so we can keep Kreider...lol

Kind of cool that with all the hype Shesty has had over the past 3-4 years as we all have been waiting for him to take over from the King, well he's been even better than advertised...Shesty has been massively impressive!!

Me thinks we have another elite goaltender on our hands. Hopefully we can win a f***ing Cup or two for this one unlike what we did for the last elite goalie we had...hmmm

And finally, tho we aren't going to make the playoffs, this team is good enough to hang around the playoff periphery which for me would be a massive success for this team of ours and it would be awesome experience for our young puppies if they can see what it's like to play in important March hockey games...here's to hoping.

Oh and my 3 stars...Panarin as usual, Kreider for sure and Shesty who was stupendous!. Good times here...me happy!!

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This says more about the Rangers/Quinn than it does Shesty. He has been phenomenal though
We've been better recently because we've started generating chances.

We're not really any better at preventing them.

Our compete level is making Igor make saves and the other team miss the net.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kreider Stays!

1213ECF7-009E-4620-962C-5BB9E53610C2.gif

Attachments

• C1146FB5-9D45-408E-8256-15F0B8990818.gif
    C1146FB5-9D45-408E-8256-15F0B8990818.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ryan strome is really gonna score 60 points this year holy shit lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We have a great combination brewing

Elite goaltending and a team that can score a couple at any point in time

We never had the quick strike capability with Hank in net

with the depth in the defensive prospect pool hopefully with Shesty back there we will be Ok. We just need to build a good bottom 6 especially if we lose some forwards off this current roster

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Igor is so much better than Georgiev. I get that Georgiev is young too but I really think we should move forward with Igor as the number one and Hank as the backup until his deal runs out and move Georgiev for some assets now before his value tanks. Who’s gonna give that much for him when he’s indisputably a back up? That way we can get some assets, we have our stud new starter and we don’t have to buyout a franchise icon.

Honestly the only was the Rangers should buyout or trade Hank is if he asks for it. If he wants to stay as the veteran mentor and possible platoon guy if needed, then do that. But I wouldn’t be forcing him out to keep Georgiev. Not when Igor is this good. He’s our guy. Get some assets for Georgie and let him try and be a starter somewhere else. Then in 2 years we have Wall, Huska, Lindobolm or possible nobody that Allaire finds a la Georgie as the backup.

I hate to agree with you because I love love love Georgie...yes I have a mancrush on him. But your right. We need to find a suiter who will give us the best return for him and roll with Shesty and Hank the rest of the way this season and next.

I truly believe Georgie is going to end up being a #1 guy and will end up with a better career than former backups of ours like Raanta and Talbot. And I'd love to keep him but we can't. The torch has been passed and it's Shesty and not Georgie who needs to run with if for the next 10-15 years....:nod:

effen

Feb 3, 2018
We've been better recently because we've started generating chances.

We're not really any better at preventing them.

Our compete level is making Igor make saves and the other team miss the net.
In your zeal to be sarcastic you... nevermind. Good luck dood.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
That #20 overall pick will surely come back to haunt them.

$8m for a 23p defenseman. Pink has 37p. Lol, let's throw a parade for Gorton. This ahole franchise wouldn't accomplish anything if they weren't burying themselves in bad deals for defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad