3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Fast does not belong on the top 2 lines and looked awful offensively, but he made a bunch of good defensive plays tonight. He butchers those scoring chances, but at least he saves the rest of that line defensively fwiw.

Kreider Zibs Buch
Panarin Chytil Strome
Lemieux Howden Kakko
PDG McKegg Fast

Reactions: belford22

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fast is on pace for 36 points with 7 minutes and 52 seconds of powerplay time all year.

To put that in perspective, Brett Howden has over 18 minutes. Brendan Lemieux has nearly 60 (!!!!) minutes.

One bad night, and the memes start right back up.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Hope Hank joins the Org. in some fashion to get to be near a cup here. Would be extremely Don Mattingly-esque.

Gotta be honest but I don't see Hank as a guy who is going to be a front office type...I just don't. He seems more like a guy who'll be a fashion designer or something like that once he calls it quits but who the hell knows.

You and I and everyone knows he wants to retire as a Ranger as a player and he won't be accepting any trade to another team so whether or not he remains with the team in some capacity is a question for another time.

Bottom line is our goaltending situation is likely the envy of the entire league as indicated by us for us even considering seriously trading Georgiev. And as I said on the game thread earlier, for us to potentially have another elite goalie for another 10+ years like Shesterkin looks very much like he's going to be, would likely be unprecedented.

We just need to win a damn Cup or two to make all this uber goaltending of ours mean something. I'm pretty confident we will as this rebuild of ours has gone pretty damn good and I'm sure if that does occur, Hank whether or not he's in the organization or not at the time will always be considered one of the greatest Rangers of all time even if he wasn't the goalie who led us to another Cup or two.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Fast is on pace for 36 points with 7 minutes and 52 seconds of powerplay time all year.

To put that in perspective, Brett Howden has over 18 minutes. Brendan Lemieux has nearly 60 (!!!!) minutes.

One bad night, and the memes start right back up.
He also has 36pts playing on a line with Artemi Panarin
Skjei is a dman with 22pts with no PP time but I don’t see many praising him for that

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He also has 36pts playing on a line with Artemi Panarin
Skjei is a dman with 22pts with no PP time but I don’t see many praising him for that
Strome gets credit for being with Panarin and their "particular chemistry." Fast get criticized for it.

The difference between Fast and Skjei is that Fast is a winger and he's better at defending.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don’t look now but we have the 6th most regulation wins in the NHL this season. With 2-3 games in hand on the teams ahead of us. Only teams with more regulation wins in the East are Boston, Washington & Tampa.
We're also tied for the 8th most regulation losses. We just haven't been to overtime a lot.

Our 7 regulation ties is the fewest in the NHL.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0_d.jpg

Reactions: Machinehead

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Also, Rangers apparently have the 3rd most regulation wins in the Eastern conference, more than the Isles, Philly, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Carolina etc yet we're nowhere even close to a playoff spot. the NHL points system sucks.
Even with a proper 3-2-1-0 point system, we'd still be on the outside looking in.
upload_2020-2-12_11-14-21.png

Though only 6P behind Philly with 2 games in hand, win those and we're even.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Nope this wasn't a thing.

He didn't handle the puck as well as he normally does, but he still did a good job generating some quality chances. He had the highest xGF of all Ranger defensemen. He must have done something right. The best shift the team had all game came in the 3rd where he and Panarin basically danced around the Jets for 30 seconds before Staal ****ed it up.

If we're going to call out the bad pinch, fine, he got bailed out by Fox on that one. His D partner made more egregious mistakes tonight that went unnoticed because they either didn't result on a SOG or an odd man rush.
If we're going to call out a bad pinch that didn't even lead to a chance against what about Fox' near primary assist on a WPG goal when he passed the puck to a WPG player wide open right outside our crease? Shesty bailed him out big time there.

*Not saying that Fox didn't have a great game overall.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Fast does not belong on the top 2 lines and looked awful offensively, but he made a bunch of good defensive plays tonight. He butchers those scoring chances, but at least he saves the rest of that line defensively fwiw.
Fast is brutal on the top 2 lines. He can never handle those perfect passes that Panarin gives him all the time.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A few observations:

The first 2 lines controlled the game tonight. Chytils was good in spurts, the 4th....................
Out of the 40+ shots not many were dangerous, which isn't a shot at Shesty, he was very good.

The 4th line Lemieux-Howden-McKegg were ****ing horrible tonight.
Fast handled the puck like a hand grenade tonight, Panarin could have had 5 assists.

Can we get better breasts behind Quinn please?
As much as ADA has raised his price tag this season, I think we’re seeing the other side of the coin with Lemieux. A great guy to have on the team and one of my favorites. But the contract negotiation should be pretty cut-and-dried.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
There are moments when you watch Chytil and Kakko and its easy to get excited about the future. Not every player is going to burst onto the scene like McDavid.
Hopefully, Gorton makes the right moves going forward to put these guys a position to win.
Same goes for Shesterkin, Fox and Lindgren.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There are moments when you watch Chytil and Kakko and its easy to get excited about the future. Not every player is going to burst onto the scene like McDavid.
Hopefully, Gorton makes the right moves going forward to put these guys a position to win.
Same goes for Shesterkin, Fox and Lindgren.
Indeed. I agree. Chytil has been excellent for weeks. Not constantly generating chances but he has been consistently noticeable and dangerous. Kakko the past few games has been way more decisive and direct. He is taking better lines to pucks and then getting himself into shooting position. Almost a night and day thing. It’s very exciting to see the progress with both.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Don’t look now but we have the 6th most regulation wins in the NHL this season. With 2-3 games in hand on the teams ahead of us. Only teams with more regulation wins in the East are Boston, Washington & Tampa.

How they are 9 points out of a playoff spot with that being the case makes almost no mathematical or common sense.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We need someone with a Star Fox/Fox McCloud username. Blues have a Falco Lombardi lol

If you get this, you rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad