Post-Game Talk: #55 - 02/11/20 | Rangers @ Jets

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Sure. I heard they grow on trees. Guys who can score 25+ goals and 50+ points, have blazing speed, good net front presence, and play with some physicality. No problem.

with all that ability you would think he would have made an All-star game without being selected only b/c Panarin did not attend.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
with all that ability you would think he would have made an All-star game without being selected only b/c Panarin did not attend.
Not really, and I feel like you pulled that dig out of a hat because you couldn't think of a better response. Nobody considers Kreider an All-Star. Nobody said Kreider needs to be the best player on the ice.

The post you were responding to is basically saying most 50 point players don't bring what Kreider brings to the team. Replacing Kreider isn't just picking some random 50 point producer.

I think we should trade Kreider for valuable assets, but not because he's a player who only averages 50 points and isn't a true All-Star.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Not really, and I feel like you pulled that dig out of a hat because you couldn't think of a better response. Nobody considers Kreider an All-Star. Nobody said Kreider needs to be the best player on the ice.

The post you were responding to is basically saying most 50 point players don't bring what Kreider brings to the team. Replacing Kreider isn't just picking some random 50 point producer.

I think we should trade Kreider for valuable assets, but not because he's a player who only averages 50 points and isn't a true All-Star.
Then we should trade Panarin and Mika too. Hell, throw in Kakko as well.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Then we should trade Panarin and Mika too. Hell, throw in Kakko as well.

If that was your take on it then maybe we should trade some posers while we're at it.

I'm not ok with the team giving Kreider a contract in the range of 7-7.5/7, so if that's close to his demands, with a potential NMC, I am all for trading him and getting valuable assets back. What I want is a good prospect ready to make the jump to the NHL level. A prospect that either has top 6 potential, or an already young roster player who needs a bigger responsibility and role with a team. Do I think that player is going to be better than Kreider? No.

If Kreider is going to take a shorter length / something we can work with, I am all for keeping him rather than trading him away.

This isn't about just trading all our good players away.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Not really, and I feel like you pulled that dig out of a hat because you couldn't think of a better response. .

Actually i've posted quite a few objective responses as have many. A bit of sacrasm for those making this potential loss as if the Rangers are losing a Jagr. A short year ago we were losing the heart of the team in Zucs while we amazingly have survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->