• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A lot of people have mentioned that Hank focused more on athleticism than positioning. Would it be fair to say that Igor is actually a better fit for Allaire, with the way he plays? That's incredible.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Didn't you hear them chanting Pionk is better?

Interesting . That was right after the goalie change so I thought they were chanting "igors better" to taunt Hank, which I though was a peculiar level of knowledge for a western conference fanbase to have

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
A lot of people have mentioned that Hank focused more on athleticism than positioning. Would it be fair to say that Igor is actually a better fit for Allaire, with the way he plays? That's incredible.

Terrifyingly awesome.

Igor looks fantastic. Keeping VERY close to his KHL/AHL stats in the NHL. On the worst professional defensive team he's ever played on.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Had you said same exact thing early to mid November, you'd be spot on. However at this point in time gotta disagree with you my friend here on this.

For the past 2 1/2 months, there has been no "cold" Kreider as this has been by far THE best stretch of his entire career.

I said this on the game thread. I've never seen him so engaged, physical, passionate and productive as he's been since mid November when Kreider obviously read our forum and heard all of us *****ing and moaning about how terrible he was playing and how it looked like he was tanking as he knew he was gone.

Well since than, he's been other than Panarin, our best player and it's really not even close. It's a very tough call as to what to do with him seeing he's so unique in his style of play as there are very few players in the league who can combine the kind of speed and physicality as Kreider can.

Personally, I want to keep him seeing I have no concerns that in the later parts of what likely would be a 6-7 year term, he'd be out of shape or not engaged. And he gives the kids of ours a veteran to watch and learn from.

We'll see how it shakes out but no way it can be said that Kreider hasn't played as good as he's ever played for us in the past few months...he's been phenomenal.
I agree. Those of you who want to trade Kreider to "see what you can get for him", it's more likely than not any player we get for him won't be able to produce like he does in NYC. There are way too many who choke here. Kreider delivers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This goal was the first thing that came to mind when he scored.

That was a late goal in the 3rd that turned out to be the winner.

I'm pretty sure that was the Buff/Miller attempted decapitation game

Yes that was. I remember that goal being extra satisfying because of that.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I was really confused for a few minutes with those Jets throwback jerseys that look a lot like the Rangers old third jerseys lol

I could be wrong but I believe the unies the Jets wore last night was hommage to their old WHA days as those were the jersey's I think they used to wear back in the mid to late 70's.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Really shows how he's grown as a player, not running into the goalie this time around.

:naughty:
lol I caught that too, his balance and edges are definitely better now- it was something he struggled with early on and at the time of the goal 5 years ago you can see he was already light years better than previous. That and his willingness to become a netfront force are why he's so valuable today.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Those people are wrong. Lundqvist had impeccable positioning in his prime, it's part of what allowed him to play so deep in his net (along with his reflexes).

People forget what Lundqvist was like in his prime and are colored by his play now where he lunges around and "swims" in net more often as his reflexes have slowed and he doesn't follow the play as well as he used to.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Not quite sure where to post this, so hopefully this is the best spot. I met pretty much the whole team this morning in St. Paul. I tried my best not to be obnoxious or intrusive, but I'm sure the fanboy in me came out a bit too much.

I spoke with Igor briefly, asked him if he was in for tomorrow's game, he said he didn't know yet. Got a selfie with Zib, wished good luck to Coach Quinn, Staal, Kakko, Chytil, JD, and a few others. Everyone was so gracious...I don't envy them to always be "on" and have to deal with schmucks like me who don't give them a moment of peace when they are in public.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I agree. Those of you who want to trade Kreider to "see what you can get for him", it's more likely than not any player we get for him won't be able to produce like he does in NYC. There are way too many who choke here. Kreider delivers.
Kreider has never gotten 60 points before, he hasnt even hit 55. It really isnt that hard to find someone who gets 50 points. How many teams have their 50 point players leading their team in scoring, we need to break that and stop overvaluing mediocrity. The return for Kreider is going to be good, even if it bombs, which I highly doubt,we can sign a ufa if we need to with the 7 mill saved.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider Zibs Buch
Panarin Chytil Strome
Lemieux Howden Kakko
PDG McKegg Fast
With Chytil becoming better defensively, I worry MOST about that 3rd line. Top 2 lines look great, and yeah I suppose Fast technically belongs in bottom 6, but jeez. What in the heck are we gonna do without Kreids and possibly Fast. Because I would NO WAY re-sign Fast, i like him, but let someone else pay him for his hands of stone and solid defsnsive play.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
How does Carlisle and Steen SHARE a night? If they are gonna celebrate them......not right to combine them. But then again, why should "I" care?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Happy about calling Strome's goal in a very long time, but was disappointed with Tony's game. He got caught deep, cost a 3 on 1 to be saved by Fox, then Boochie made an awesome play getting it to Kreids. So......Tony lucked out, but def noticed by Quinn.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Kreider has never gotten 60 points before, he hasnt even hit 55. It really isnt that hard to find someone who gets 50 points. How many teams have their 50 point players leading their team in scoring, we need to break that and stop overvaluing mediocrity. The return for Kreider is going to be good, even if it bombs, which I highly doubt,we can sign a ufa if we need to with the 7 mill saved.

Sure. I heard they grow on trees. Guys who can score 25+ goals and 50+ points, have blazing speed, good net front presence, and play with some physicality. No problem.

Reactions: Captain Lindy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad