GDT: [#54] Stars @ Lightning 6:00 CT (BSSW+) - SAME GDT

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
That's 5 straight losses for the Stars

With the season on the line too.

Could give a shit less on anyone’s personal feelings on the matter anymore, Klingberg needs to be traded because there’s no way in f***ing hell id ever pay him what he’s gonna ask on his new deal.

He has completely disappeared and made boneheaded turnovers when his team needed him to play his best.

Expendable as f***

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Really wish NSH would have won tonight so we were officially eliminated and don’t have to hear about “playoff chase” anymore and we could rest our guys that have been banged up all year

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Nill has fired four coaches here. I don’t see that as a problem. I think Gaglardi doesn’t want to pay for a coach who isn’t coaching.
He wouldn't have let him fire 4 coaches then, you still have to pay them when they are fired. There has to be some breach of contract for the contract to be void, I think Monty was technically this scenario

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021

Could give a shit less on anyone’s personal feelings on the matter anymore, Klingberg needs to be traded because there’s no way in f***ing hell id ever pay him what he’s gonna ask on his new deal.

He has completely disappeared and made boneheaded turnovers when his team needed him to play his best.

Expendable as f***
another Gologoski-Oleksiak looks like Shrek out there - Heiskanen looks like he should be Finland- Sekera sucks completely - Hanley may be okay as a # 6 but hardly gets any ice time- and I have never seen the worth of Lindell!

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He wouldn't have let him fire 4 coaches then, you still have to pay them when they are fired. There has to be some breach of contract for the contract to be void, I think Monty was technically this scenario
My point is more the guy who makes his money from hotels and restaurants isn’t looking for ways to increase costs right now.

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
Benn has been a really shitty Captain this year- Pavelski fell off the radar for success- Gurianov is Nichkushkin reincarnated- Dickenson is a totally useless player - see FCC - same thing - Faksa may be salvaged but those other 2 clowns better be gone - Is there another word that says Useless and incompotent - describes both of these idiots - part 3 coming up

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Expendable as f***

Klingberg is another guy who has been hurting the team quite a bit for a while now. He better be fighting a pretty serious injury or something cause you're right, he looks like he doesn't give a shit out there 99% of the time.

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
Injuries to Seguin, Bishop and Radulov only mildly hurt the Stars- even if these 3 played all season nothing would have changed - Seguin is so beat up and occasionally scores - Bishop can be a difference maker but is hurt so often who the hell would know - Radulov plays hard but there is no one else there with his passion- Otter has been fine but try to figure out how to stop a breakaway and Dobby - good bye- thabx for the bubble wins !

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
and last but not least -Rick Bowness is a hell of a nice guy who's time has past him by- players probably love him as there are no consequences to their bad decisions - that's why we have such a low scoring team- this team needs Mike Keenan or Don Cherry for a month of workouts - they may get it or go home!

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Nill has fired four coaches here. I don’t see that as a problem. I think Gaglardi doesn’t want to pay for a coach who isn’t coaching.

I don't think he has actually fired anyone save for Monty, and that too for non-hockey reasons. Gully and Ruff finished their terms and weren't brought back, IIRC and Hitchock "retired"

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nill fired Gulutzan, essentially fired Ruff, fired Hitch, and fired Monty.

That's four.
Essentially fired ruff? Let him finish out his contract while the franchise was going through its worst finish in 2 decades... Yeah "fired" :rolleyes:
Again no he didn't, he retired.
Sure he fired Monty, but only because of a material breach in his contract and they could get out of paying him.
Gulutzan, you're right, he did fire him, even though his contract was going to expire anyway.

He fired 2 coaches and 1 barely counts because his contract was ending anyway, and the other one, the only 1 of them had any term left on their contract, got voided.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Essentially fired ruff? Let him finish out his contract while the franchise was going through its worst finish in 2 decades... Yeah "fired" :rolleyes:
Again no he didn't, he retired.
Sure he fired Monty, but only because of a material breach in his contract and they could get out of paying him.
Gulutzan, you're right, he did fire him, even though his contract was going to expire anyway.

He fired 2 coaches and 1 barely counts because his contract was ending anyway, and the other one, the only 1 of them had any term left on their contract, got voided.
What kind of semantics victory are you chasing here? Voided contract = fired for cause. Hitch’s “retirement” was just nice PR. I mean, he was right back to coaching one month into the following season.

This whole thing started when it was said Nill doesn’t hold his people accountable, yet we’ve watched him replace four coaches in one way or another because he was holding them accountable. He’s also fired a whole bunch of assistant coaches over this time as well.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
What kind of semantics victory are you chasing here? Voided contract = fired for cause. Hitch’s “retirement” was just nice PR. I mean, he was right back to coaching one month into the following season.

This whole thing started when it was said Nill doesn’t hold his people accountable, yet we’ve watched him replace four coaches in one way or another because he was holding them accountable. He’s also fired a whole bunch of assistant coaches over this time as well.
You're right he'll fire bones, next year, after the season, when his contract expires, by not renewing it, like he's done 2x previously. And to save face for some reason they'll make him an executive advisor.
He's definitely holding people accountable by only firing them when there contract ends, or when they do something severe enough away from the rink to outright void a contract.

I can't name 1 assistant coach he's fired either, but you're right there was probably a few that were actually fired and not just, not re- signed.

Instead of saying Nill doesn’t hold people accountable, which he doesn't, maybe it would have been better said as, he'll finally hold them accountable, once the season is over and only if their contract is expiring.

Last edited:

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Klingberg and Heiskanen both look terrible. Miro was god awful on the first and second goal against tonight. At what point do we realize the guys aren't failures but are just mentally/physically unable to play at this level right now?

Miro doesn't go from a Norris caliber player to a bum in one year. They're fried, shut them down.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Klingberg and Heiskanen both look terrible. Miro was god awful on the first and second goal against tonight. At what point do we realize the guys aren't failures but are just mentally/physically unable to play at this level right now?

Miro doesn't go from a Norris caliber player to a bum in one year. They're fried, shut them down.

I think COVID really f***ed with Miro.

The whole team needs a long rest.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Gulutzen was fired. And Hitch being reassigned to an advisor role was just a face-saving way of firing him.

Nope. He didn't fire anyone besides Monty and that wasn't for hockey-related reasons, like I mentioned. This isn't semantics. Not renewing someone's contract after they finished and are no longer under contract is not firing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
he'll finally hold them accountable, once the season is over and only if their contract is expiring.

Couldn't have said it better.

The fact that none of his cronies in hockey ops and management and their mediocre drafting record have been given the boot, is evidence that they just like holding on to their jobs, even if by a thread

Too bad that we'll see this shit play out for 2 more years before ownership decides to "fire" this lot.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

There is some value in consistency, even if that value always ends somewhere, i.e., Landry and the Cowboys. Yeah, he probably didn't win as many super bowls as they "should have" but he did make the PO nearly every year. Nill has that kind of attitude about things, and yet, has gone through 4 coaches. Some would argue that cost them a few wins every year, getting up to speed.

As fans, we compare each player to Gretsky and each coach to Bowman, unreasonably so. And, we tend to believe wholesale change is the only answer to fix our performance (even when we were two wins short of the Cup last year). With the cap and all, it's never that easy.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nope. He didn't fire anyone besides Monty and that wasn't for hockey-related reasons, like I mentioned. This isn't semantics. Not renewing someone's contract after they finished and are no longer under contract is not firing.
He fired Gully and Hitch. Don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad