3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Let’s keep in mind since Jan 1 Strome has 1 goal playing next to Panarin every night that’s 13 games. 1 goal.

no one else gets a chance. Chytil got 2 shifts.

the Mika injury was the worst thing that happened to this team

Reactions: Kords

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
The return for Kreider is not gonna make the void of losing him better. Let’s be honest the top teams linked to Kreider is Boston and the Blues. So the first will be between 28-31...not great. Even if we get a decent depth player too that still doesn’t replace what he brings. The only way I would accept trading him is if they are seriously gonna try and get him back.

Reactions: The S5 and egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
kxgijB6.jpg
I didn't know he can be this happy

Reactions: EdJovanovski

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This team is basically a prix fixe menu

Pick one of

Alex Borscht Georgiev or Igor Stroganoff Shesterkin for soup
Bread or Saffron rice for accompaniment
Chris American beef steak Kreider or Fil beef Goulash Chytil
Adam NY cheesecake Fox or Jersey Tony's lobster tail

everyone else is a side of asparagus or corn.

don't disrespect asparagus like that

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Most our team wasn’t good. I don’t think he was outstandingly poor enough to justify benching the 5th leading scorer among dmen in the final minutes of a game when you need 3 goals
Yeah. He underwhelmed. He wasn’t bad. The whole team was on the back foot all game. That’s what happens When the opponent gets the first goal - kind of a hummer- and plays great defense.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Classic every team though.

It hits the Rangers the worst though.

Trade away Gaborik and a year later he kills us in the SCF

Trade away Callahan and he steals all our players to beat us on our own ice in Game 7 of the ECF

Trade away Hagelin and a year later HBK tears us a new one

Trade away Brassard and he scores that BS goal to tie Game 5 and that was the turning point of that series. We were 1:30 away from taking a 3-2 lead back home with all the momentum.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Trade away Callahan and he steals all our players to beat us on our own ice in Game 7 of the ECF

Trade away Brassard and he scores that BS goal to tie Game 5 and that was the turning point of that series. We were 1:30 away from taking a 3-2 lead back home with all the momentum.
I hear ya. But I’d say that every fan base feels the same way about facing back up goalies, biased refs, and former teammates.

Reactions: leetch99

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

AV, Staal, Holden in that order.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Glad to see people are coming around on Strome

His play is a mirage, being carried by Panarin. And when he’s not scoring points, he plays zero defense and is useless

He’s the quintessential buy low, sell high

I would still like to keep Strome around if we can get him signed to a reasonable short term contract unless Gorton has other plans to upgrade our center depth which is already among the worst in the league other than Ottawa, Detroit and Minnesota.

Good insurance policy in case Chytil struggles a bit and isn't ready to fully assume 2c behind Zib.

Reactions: egelband

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Thats gotta be a game we win if we were of any quality. Pretty disappointing effort. Can't blame the refs - Sabres weren't even that good either- unlike in that Dallas loss.

I'm glad Strome has come down to earth - we can consider moving him - hes nothing special for a top six guy.

I think George could have stopped at least one of those quasi breakaways. His stock has declined. 72 let his man get by him on the second goal. We've seen a couple times this season where a long pass down the middle splits the sea of our two defenders - its kind of elementary stuff to be in position.

Really disappointing. Hopefully we are out of the playoffs soon and it takes the pressure off of KK and he just lites it up and finds his confidence. In the meantime no one on this team should be untouchable except 10,23,93 and developing KK and Igor.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Good insurance policy in case Chytil struggles a bit and isn't ready to fully assume 2c behind Zib.
Tough to know if Chytil is ready when Quinn refuses to give him a chance

He gave Chytil the 2C spot last game and it lasted all of two shifts before Strome went back in the spot.

Strome is one of Quinn's toys, he needs to be taken away

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I mean his value on the trade market vs how important he is to our team
Kreider is better but it would hurt losing him

it’s a rebuild. Respectfully, it’s not about building around any of the old guard.

it’s a team out of he playoffs, not a few players around Kreider from winning a cup.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I would still like to keep Strome around if we can get him signed to a reasonable short term contract unless Gorton has other plans to upgrade our center depth which is already among the worst in the league other than Ottawa, Detroit and Minnesota.

I think we agree Strome is not the kind of player a good team should give a long term deal to. One year RFA deal, sure. Even two years. But unless he’s willing to take waaaay below market - which he shouldn’t - it’s just not a match. Pay your top line puck-dominant players. Use the pipeline for the bottom six.

Last edited:
Reactions: motopanekeku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad