san francisco
Visit site
This team is basically a prix fixe menu

Pick one of

Alex Borscht Georgiev or Igor Stroganoff Shesterkin for soup
Bread or Saffron rice for accompaniment
Chris American beef steak Kreider or Fil beef Goulash Chytil
Adam NY cheesecake Fox or Jersey Tony's lobster tail

everyone else is a side of asparagus or corn.
I feel like this post was written to make me hungry but it just makes me ****ing confused. Like why would I pick between lobster or cheesecake. WHAT TYPE OF RESTAURANTS ARE YOU GOING TO?!?!????

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I feel like this post was written to make me hungry but it just makes me ****ing confused. Like why would I pick between lobster or cheesecake. WHAT TYPE OF RESTAURANTS ARE YOU GOING TO?!?!????

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Got beat by a worse team because our top players didn't show up. Panarin and Zib looked tired and disinterested. Trouba kinda sucks. Is there any way to move him? Can Gorton entice Seattle to take him? We talk about moving Tony D or Skjei, but Trouba and his $8M are what really needs to go.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Thinking about it, Buffalo really played their best defensive game. It was almost a ‘playoff’ kind of game. And while the Rangers weren’t really there, they still did ok. And at the end, when the Rangers were finally in gear they were in control. My point is that they didn’t look out of place facing a stout defense.
Maybe I’m just being overly optimistic... seeing what I want to see.

Reactions: belford22 and Ola

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Just finished this predictable farce of a game.

The insult to injury was the player spotlight crap. I like Panarin as much as the next guy, but if I never have to sit through another game of random split screens and informercial-style ranting, I will be a happy man.

Such ridiculous homer propaganda, it felt like they were going to retire Panarin's number in between periods.

Panarin's been one of the few bright spots this season, but the Rangers marketing team went way overboard with this. I actually felt embarrassed for Sam and Joe.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Can we just get a coach with NHL experience?

I am not liking Quinn at all. Hopefully they address the 4th line in the off season. I don't want to see McKegg in a NYR uniform ever again. Useless.
How many chances do you get to hire a coach like Gerard Gallant ? Let Quinn lead us to the lottery and then can him. Coaches are hired to be fired . Time to move on come season end .We have o make the next step . Have it done before the draft so that Gorton and Gallant can get together on player selection via trades and drafts and Gallant gets the type of guys he is looking for to ice a team he likes . I think it has to be done.....

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
It hits the Rangers the worst though.

Trade away Gaborik and a year later he kills us in the SCF

Trade away Callahan and he steals all our players to beat us on our own ice in Game 7 of the ECF

Trade away Hagelin and a year later HBK tears us a new one

Trade away Brassard and he scores that BS goal to tie Game 5 and that was the turning point of that series. We were 1:30 away from taking a 3-2 lead back home with all the momentum.

Its not the same situation but, Brad Richards bought out and wins the cup with Chicago the following season. After a lackluster regular season and looking a bit "done", he turns it up in the playoffs and provides more of a contribution than he did with the Rangers in 2014.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think you are placing your frustration in the wrong place, but you can think whatever you like.
I am definitely frustrated with how that game went.

But you have to have those goals as saves. You have to have one of them. The result of the game does not rest on his shoulders alone, but in those type of games where your team is going through the motions, your goalie needs to steal one. Getting beat on two backhanders, Reinhart being the more difficult of the two, is not a good job. Both Reinhart and Vesey had pressure on them, they werent clean free shots.

It is what it is.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
DeAngelo was absolutely terrible last night. He played careless. He made stupid decisions with the puck, pinching at the wrong times, and positioning in his own end. Theres no reason to try and spin it. I like DeAngelo but this is what his shortcomings are as a player overall. And theres nothing wrong with that. You can live with them for the offense he brings as long as he isnt demanding top dollar because he is not an elite top defenseman like the others in the league that bring a consistent game every night along with the offense. You can live with it as long as he is not asked to be a #1 RD. That is why Trouba is here. So DeAngelo can go about his business and play to his strengths. However, last night he was BAD. Go watch his shift on that 1st goal. A nightmare.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
What was Trouba doing on that Vesey goal? Although to be fair he was pair with Staal who also was standing.

Speaking of Staal the first goal against?

Let's not talk about the Lindgren give away or the weak Chytil back check on the 2nd against.

ADA did suck last night too.

The whole defensive structure, forwards included, when they are giving up goals where the scorer is breaking in pretty clean against the goalie, all 3 goals against last night, and on the other end they are having to fight through layers of defenders, that kind of was the essence of why they lost.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I am definitely frustrated with how that game went.

But you have to have those goals as saves. You have to have one of them. The result of the game does not rest on his shoulders alone, but in those type of games where your team is going through the motions, your goalie needs to steal one. Getting beat on two backhanders, Reinhart being the more difficult of the two, is not a good job. Both Reinhart and Vesey had pressure on them, they werent clean free shots.

It is what it is.

Reinhart's was not soft. Backhand, which is the toughest shot to read. He had plenty of room to cut either way. Georgiev was aggressive and Reinhart roofed a nice shot.
Vesey's was questionable, but not awful.
Bigger question is how the f*** did he get so open? Eichel was stationary. All they had to do was pick up bodies coming through the neutral zone. That was a much bigger error than Georgiev letting in a breakaway.

Reactions: leetch99

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
DeAngelo was absolutely terrible last night. He played careless. He made stupid decisions with the puck, pinching at the wrong times, and positioning in his own end. Theres no reason to try and spin it. I like DeAngelo but this is what his shortcomings are as a player overall. And theres nothing wrong with that. You can live with them for the offense he brings as long as he isnt demanding top dollar because he is not an elite top defenseman like the others in the league that bring a consistent game every night along with the offense. You can live with it as long as he is not asked to be a #1 RD. That is why Trouba is here. So DeAngelo can go about his business and play to his strengths. However, last night he was BAD. Go watch his shift on that 1st goal. A nightmare.
Agree on DeAngelo last night, but Trouba isn't a 1D. I've given it a lot of time and saw some of the good things he brings, but he is being paid like a true 1D and he isn't close to living up to that role.
Positives:
Plays a somewhat physical game, at least in comparison to our other D.
Hard shot.

Negatives:
Not a great puck mover.
Can get lazy defending.
Never saw a shot he didn't love.
Not a shutdown defender and not an offensive threat.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
What was Trouba doing on that Vesey goal? Although to be fair he was pair with Staal who also was standing.

Speaking of Staal the first goal against?

Let's not talk about the Lindgren give away or the weak Chytil back check on the 2nd against.

ADA did suck last night too.

The whole defensive structure, forwards included, when they are giving up goals where the scorer is breaking in pretty clean against the goalie, all 3 goals against last night, and on the other end they are having to fight through layers of defenders, that kind of was the essence of why they lost.
Yeah he made an awful pass that led to that goal. I’ve never been a big Trouba fan but I know he was very wanted by many fans for years for years. I just hate that contract we gave him

Last edited:
Reactions: leetch99

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Team and Staal let up a breakaway goal in the 1st on a 2 on 4.

A mother f***ing 2 on 4 turns into a breakaway.

WTF?!?! How is that a thing?????? How? How can Staal be cheating so far right that it becomes a breakaway???? He was literally on top of Skjei.

WHAT
THE
f***?!?!?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Glad to see people are coming around on Strome

His play is a mirage, being carried by Panarin. And when he’s not scoring points, he plays zero defense and is useless

He’s the quintessential buy low, sell high

never could put a handle on Strome. He his proof that you just can’t use points to measure a player’s performance. Granted could see him being a 20-20 guy away from Panarin but need to be careful about locking him up. At least CK has proven himself season after season being at least a consistent 20 goal scorer.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Agree on DeAngelo last night, but Trouba isn't a 1D. I've given it a lot of time and saw some of the good things he brings, but he is being paid like a true 1D and he isn't close to living up to that role.
Positives:
Plays a somewhat physical game, at least in comparison to our other D.
Hard shot.

Negatives:
Not a great puck mover.
Can get lazy defending.
Never saw a shot he didn't love.
Not a shutdown defender and not an offensive threat.

LOL...probably not far off the mark for this season so far . If he is our #1...we have a lot of work ahead of us . I'm hoping the team as a whole can improve on the defensive side of things for next season and Trouba does not fail the eye test as often as he has thus far . For 6 Million he would be just OK...but for 8 ?

Reactions: The S5

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
never could put a handle on Strome. He his proof that you just can’t use points to measure a player’s performance. Granted could see him being a 20-20 guy away from Panarin but need to be careful about locking him up. At least CK has proven himself season after season being at least a consistent 20 goal scorer.

Kreider was MIA without Zibanajad this year. Hes always gotten the best linemates but apparently that narrative only works with Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad