GDT: #52: Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars | 8:00 PM ET | ROOT, FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I never thought I'd say this in my life. But I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins. Absolutely crazy, but there it is.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
RRP, I'm not engaging you because you're in "THE PENS CAN DO NO WRONG AND I'LL JUST PLAY IGNORANT DAFT GUY FOR 2 HOURS WITH EVERYONE WHO ARGUES OTHERWISE"

So I'll say this one last time and if it helps you, great, and if not, no skin off my teeth or back or wherever skin comes from:

The only thing that matters for this team is results in the playoffs.

The reason people are concerned is because the same issues that have plagued this team for years are still plaguing this team now

No one is upset with the result of tonight's game.

No one is upset with the result of the Florida game.

The Penguins probably need 7 more wins the entire season to lock up the Metro.

No one is complaining about the result

What people are complaining about is the way the Penguins are going about winning and losing this year, especially since the Christmas Break ended.

The Penguins do not play structured, supporting, smart, patient hockey. They do not play 60 minutes of any game with the tenacity to beat the opponent to every puck.

People are complaining about the process, not the result. Because it's the same flawed process that we have seen the past 3 or so years.

So yes, you're right, results don't matter until the playoffs.

But no one is upset about the results.

They are totally and completely upset with the play.

I hope this helps, though, deep down, in places I don't talk about at parties, I know it won't.

My argument was never based on results, if you can process what I wrote in very plain terms in the first post you responded to.

Please read the words that were written instead of seeing a name and a few keywords and filling in the blanks. Or you can just write another sarcastic novel filled with caps and bold letters that misses the point entirely.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You're complaining about the same things as everyone else. It's not like we're (the majority of us, anyhow) just inventing things to complain about.

There's no ****ing accountability. There's no structure. Coaching decisions make no ****ing sense.

Yes, but you don't complain the right way. :sarcasm:

Tenzen

Dec 31, 2013
Being a Star's fan I can understand if you think Ralph ans Razor are homerish, but they have been watching really bad hockey. They are usually objective. But for once we have something to be excited about.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
Being a Star's fan I can understand if you think Ralph ans Razor are homerish, but they have been watching really bad hockey. They are usually objective. But for once we have something to be excited about.

They were objective for the first two periods, but pretty bad during the third.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I want as many outside people to call out everything bad about our team as they can find. god knows our media won't do it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Will you still feel that way after march? This is a team that just will attempt to go to another gear for the playoffs and will just not be able to sustain that level of play.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I never thought I'd say this in my life. But I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins. Absolutely crazy, but there it is.

No you don't. You hate what certain people have done with the Penguins. It's kind of like guns. Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people.

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
We have the fourth best record in the NHL and we've had the most man games lost due to injury. Just how exactly would you feel about your team if you were a Caps or Devils fan right now? Good grief. You guys ***** way too much. Can we please wait to assess this team until after the deadline? We have a couple holes to fill. If we don't fill them, then by all means, *****. But with a 17 point lead in the division to say you hate so much about this team is just a pathetic indictment of your own impatience.

When we see efforts like tonight and against the Panthers (and to some extent even the Islanders game) it's very hard to feel good about this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad