2024 Men's World Championship Thread - Dahlin, Cozens, Byram, Power, Peterka, Olofsson

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
What sort of role is he playing for Canada? I haven’t been able to watch, sadly enough

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sounds like we might want to play Cozens with some wingers who aren't still developing next year.
Those developing wingers in 2022 were the clear line drivers for Cozens…as evidenced by what happened when Quinn was taken away.

I’m glad he can be an effective center against countries full of non NHL players. It’s a start. Though I can’t speak to how well he’s even playing. Canada has had more rough nights than good ones. He has that shooting percentage way up on goalies that probably aren’t NHL stars though. And that’s what people seem to equate with being a good player.

He did play wing opening night with Tavares at center. And last WC that he lit up was entirely at wing.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Those developing wingers in 2022 were the clear line drivers for Cozens…as evidenced by what happened when Quinn was taken away.

I’m glad he can be an effective center against countries full of non NHL players. It’s a start. Though I can’t speak to how well he’s even playing. Canada has had more rough nights than good ones. He has that shooting percentage way up on goalies that probably aren’t NHL stars though. And that’s what people seem to equate with being a good player.

He did play wing opening night with Tavares at center. And last WC that he lit up was entirely at wing.

Cozens has been the best player on a team loaded with good NHLers while playing center.

And you seem to want to act like that’s a bad thing? Give it a rest. This tournament is not the place for you to grind your Cozens axe.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Cozens has been the best player on a team loaded with good NHLers while playing center.

And you seem to want to act like that’s a bad thing? Give it a rest. This tournament is not the place for you to grind your Cozens axe.

But Mitts is gone.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I’d pump the brakes on assigning predictive quality to good performance from a Canadian player in early WC rounds, but it’s still better than the alternative.

His shortcomings aren’t really as much of an issue in this setting but you can’t argue with the production.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I’d pump the brakes on assigning predictive quality to good performance from a Canadian player in early WC rounds, but it’s still better than the alternative.

His shortcomings aren’t really as much of an issue in this setting but you can’t argue with the production.

1. Cozens came off a great showing at the WC the last time with a great 30+ goal season.
2. Peterka came off a great showing at the WC including being player of the tournament by being our leading goal scorer.
3. Ruff has already mentioned Cozens by name as someone who he plans on relying on next season and you know he's going to coach him up.
4. Cozens was upset at the end of the season about both his game and his teams and he's taking it out on the other teams in the WC.
5. Cozens got his ass kicked in an early season fight and never really recovered for months.

I'm not pumping any brakes. This is a huge confidence booster for Cozens and shows how much he can bring when he's healthy and feeling it. They are using him in every situation and he is excelling. He's the best player on Team Canada and that's on a roster of stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad