GDT: #52: Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars | 8:00 PM ET | ROOT, FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah it was so much fun missing the playoffs and having dick tarnstrom lead the team in scoring.

obviously I prefer the team that is a lock to win its division. But that team was likeable even though they sucked imo. With expectations and the like, this team is much more frustrating to watch.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm really looking forward to the generic platitudes that the players are going to spit out to explain this game. I'm expecting a "we need to play harder" with a dash of "we need to put together a 60 minute game".

Don't forget 'Harlem Globetrotters'.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
This is the top team in their conference, YEAH. They really suck guys. They're terrible. Uh-huh. I guess every team in the conference sucks. Uh-huh. Sure.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I just can't understand how people can watch this team be abysmal, not even just have an off night, but awful... And go "We're tops in the East, boys! Stop complaining!"

Uhh, we're going to get absolutely ****ing trashed in the playoffs. Trashed.

At least for me and what seems like a few others, it's not that we don't see the team needs fixing and is doing the same things that get them bounced from the playoffs, it's that this board has no middle ground. Everything sucks all the time. When we're playing well or we beat a good team, it's still all about how much DB, RS, and certain players suck. It seems that there are a lot of people on here who find it physically impossible to say "the team played well today and had a good game, but still need to fix things". People have a right to complain when the team is playing poorly (like tonight), but the over the top doom and gloom is grating.

I used to love coming to HF Boards because there was always such great discussions about the game and the team, but now every time I log on every other post is "DB/RS are the worst ever" and "I hate this team". We get it, and I wish every GDT didn't deteriorate into bashing the team. Let's get a thread devoted to that and keep it there.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Jay started off the excuse train with "every time they [the Pens] go into a building they're going to face that team's best game."

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
This is the top team in their conference, YEAH. They really suck guys. They're terrible. Uh-huh. I guess every team in the conference sucks. Uh-huh. Sure.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

Foreshadowing is what people are complaining about, not the 3-0 loss.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I can see Mario wondering exactly when Letang will understand he is getting paid to be a top defensemen. It is now time to let him know he needs to pick it up now. For once I would like the Mario to dress down Shero and Bylsma for this roster and Mario to tell them flat out no cup no job.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
At least for me and what seems like a few others, it's not that we don't see the team needs fixing and is doing the same things that get them bounced from the playoffs, it's that this board has no middle ground. Everything sucks all the time. When we're playing well or we beat a good team, it's still all about how much DB, RS, and certain players suck. It seems that there are a lot of people on here who find it physically impossible to say "the team played well today and had a good game, but still need to fix things". People have a right to complain when the team is playing poorly (like tonight), but the over the top doom and gloom is grating.

I used to love coming to HF Boards because there was always such great discussions about the game and the team, but now every time I log on every other post is "DB/RS are the worst ever" and "I hate this team". We get it, and I wish every GDT didn't deteriorate into bashing the team. Let's get a thread devoted to that and keep it there.

Good luck pal.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

So look at our wins since the Christmas break:

Winnipeg, Vancouver, Islanders, Flames, ... I forget who else:

did the team play well?

They won, but did they play well? People are *****ing about the same things over and over and over because they are evident win or lose.

Trotting Chuck Kobasew out there on the 1st line, betting your life on Brooks Orpik, Shutdown Defender, and feeding every second of the PP to the 7.25MM$ man don't smack of self-evaluation.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008

I love this post, I also remember hf being a good discussion board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad