GDT: #52: Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars | 8:00 PM ET | ROOT, FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Pens didn't match anything Dallas brought.

+++ Lehtonen #1 Star

Yeah he played Solid. Although when players refuse to get infront of him then it's pretty easy to stop pucks. Even Errey was going on about Lehtonen making a save, yet again seeing that puck. If a goalie see's the puck then you're doing it wrong.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
At least for me and what seems like a few others, it's not that we don't see the team needs fixing and is doing the same things that get them bounced from the playoffs, it's that this board has no middle ground. Everything sucks all the time. When we're playing well or we beat a good team, it's still all about how much DB, RS, and certain players suck. It seems that there are a lot of people on here who find it physically impossible to say "the team played well today and had a good game, but still need to fix things". People have a right to complain when the team is playing poorly (like tonight), but the over the top doom and gloom is grating.

I used to love coming to HF Boards because there was always such great discussions about the game and the team, but now every time I log on every other post is "DB/RS are the worst ever" and "I hate this team". We get it, and I wish every GDT didn't deteriorate into bashing the team. Let's get a thread devoted to that and keep it there.

This is a great idea: a thread dedicated to how HCDB, GMRS, "Gladams" and Orpik all suck and how everyone is going to eat a bullet if Kobe plays another shift with Sid. It can go one forever and every can moan to their little heart's content.

Then we can all have a normal GDT.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd rather watch the prospects D-Core figure it out on thier own. Atleast that was more exciting to watch.
But maybe it's a good thing. Too much under Reirdon and Bylsma and they'll turn to crap too.

Our coach went from Kobasew to start on Sid's wing tonight to Glass to end it.:help:

Our defensive game was more of the issue though, like it is everynight since our vets got healthy.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I love this post, I also remember hf being a good discussion board.

a lot of people need to do some introspection; it takes two to tango.

For every person complaining about the Penguins, there's a person engaging them, ignoring their post, and basically insulting them with strawmen and ad hominems.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
This is a great idea: a thread dedicated to how HCDB, GMRS, "Gladams" and Orpik all suck and how everyone is going to eat a bullet if Kobe plays another shift with Sid. It can go one forever and every can moan to their little heart's content.

So tonight's thread would have been blank? :laugh:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
So look at our wins since the Christmas break:

Winnipeg, Vancouver, Islanders, Flames, ... I forget who else:

did the team play well?

They won, but did they play well? People are *****ing about the same things over and over and over because they are evident win or lose.

Trotting Chuck Kobasew out there on the 1st line, betting your life on Brooks Orpik, Shutdown Defender, and feeding every second of the PP to the 7.25MM$ man don't smack of self-evaluation.

I agree with you on almost all of this, that's not the point. It's the endless negativity and how everything related to this team is terrible. I'm fine with people calling out Orpik for making a bad play, he's been pretty bad this year. But when it turns a GDT into pages of people arguing about firing everyone and how we'll never win another game, it's like people get so worked up that they can't handle it.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

So we're only allowed to talk about the good parts of a game?

Sounds like a great rule!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I was just thinking I'd like to discuss more positive things. Then I realized tonight is a really bad night for that. I'll try next game.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
a lot of people need to do some introspection; it takes two to tango.

For every person complaining about the Penguins, there's a person engaging them, ignoring their post, and basically insulting them with strawmen and ad hominems.

This is also true. There are a lot of people who are blindly supporting things and make some incredibly dubious posts. Don't worry, I'm calling them out too, it's just the other side is so much bigger (and understandably so).

Tenzen

Dec 31, 2013
Honestly, Pen's fans you will make the Playoffs easily. They will learn from this game. Hopefully adapt to what the Stars did to neutralize them, and be better for it! Put yourself in my shoes. We will missed the Playoffs for the last 3 - 4 years by 1 game. At least you guys have hope. We are mired in mediocrity. I know it doesn't help. But it could be worse

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
So we're only allowed to talk about the good parts of a game?

Sounds like a great rule!

Not my point at all. Rather than *****ing about the same damn things, literally, every single game, perhaps, other aspects of the game can be discussed. Seriously, aren't you bored reading the same **** over and over again?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This is the top team in their conference, YEAH. They really suck guys. They're terrible. Uh-huh. I guess every team in the conference sucks. Uh-huh. Sure.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

The Pens will win the cup.

That was sarcasm too, by the way.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not my point at all. Rather than *****ing about the same damn things, literally, every single game, perhaps, other aspects of the game can be discussed. Seriously, aren't you bored reading the same **** over and over again?

Personally, I'm more bored (among other things) WATCHING the same **** over and over again. ;)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Honestly, Pen's fans you will make the Playoffs easily. They will learn from this game. Hopefully adapt to what the Stars did to neutralize them, and be better for it! Put yourself in my shoes. We will missed the Playoffs for the last 3 - 4 years by 1 game. At least you guys have hope. We are mired in mediocrity. I know it doesn't help. But it could be worse

The Stars looked great tonight. They took their foot of the gas pedal a little in the 3rd but the future is bright in the Big D. Just need a little more consistency.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I agree with you on almost all of this, that's not the point. It's the endless negativity and how everything related to this team is terrible. I'm fine with people calling out Orpik for making a bad play, he's been pretty bad this year. But when it turns a GDT into pages of people arguing about firing everyone and how we'll never win another game, it's like people get so worked up that they can't handle it.

This is also true. There are a lot of people who are blindly supporting things and make some incredibly dubious posts. Don't worry, I'm calling them out too, it's just the other side is so much bigger (and understandably so).

I understand, honestly. That's why, rather than sit in the thread and post negative **** for the whole game, I just turned the game off.

I think people are just frustrated because there is absolutely no sign that the organization is either 1) aware that there are deep issues on the team or 2) if they are aware, willing to do anything about it.

Benching the players who keep making the same mistakes every night would be a good place to start, but it'll never happen.

The Penguins are run more like a government campaign, trying to keep everyone happy, than like a meritocracy

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The Pens will win the cup.

That was sarcasm too, by the way.

Don't be a hater, Kirk. It's all good, they do well in the regular season and the the mean playoffs put a hex on them. It's not their fault, there's nothing they can do, eventually the playoffs will be nice to the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad