GDT: #52: Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars | 8:00 PM ET | ROOT, FS-SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Honestly, Pen's fans you will make the Playoffs easily. They will learn from this game. Hopefully adapt to what the Stars did to neutralize them, and be better for it! Put yourself in my shoes. We will missed the Playoffs for the last 3 - 4 years by 1 game. At least you guys have hope. We are mired in mediocrity. I know it doesn't help. But it could be worse

No they won't, that's the issue. The problem isn't a bad loss in January, the problem is seeing the same issues pop up for years with nothing being done about them.

Letang was as stupid as ever tonight, and somehow gets to be on the PP still, despite being a terrible PP player.

Young players with some skill like Megna get left on the bench while guys like Glass and Kobasew get top line shifts.

The team still thinks Orpik is a good player.

Fleury can't handle the puck, and doesn't seem to bother to learn how.

Dupuis is out for the season, but the team has done nothing to replace him.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Personally, I'm more bored (among other things) WATCHING the same **** over and over again. ;)

I get as annoyed as the next guy with this team and it is indeed tedious to watch--but, this board isn't supposed to be cathartic. For me to read most of these posts is like double jeopardy. It ain't right.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Honestly, Pen's fans you will make the Playoffs easily. They will learn from this game. Hopefully adapt to what the Stars did to neutralize them, and be better for it! Put yourself in my shoes. We will missed the Playoffs for the last 3 - 4 years by 1 game. At least you guys have hope. We are mired in mediocrity. I know it doesn't help. But it could be worse

That's sweet. They won't learn, they'll do the same thing over and over again. Bylsma will continue to be a moron, Crosby will still play with bottom 6 wingers, Letang will still forget that he's supposed to play defense, Orpik will get worse with no consequences and Shero won't do anything. The Stars actually look promising.

Give us your wingers and goalie?

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Not my point at all. Rather than *****ing about the same damn things, literally, every single game, perhaps, other aspects of the game can be discussed. Seriously, aren't you bored reading the same **** over and over again?

If only I didn't have to ***** about the same tings every game. I'm more upset about seeing the same **** on the ice night after night than i am "board with talking about it".

Unless you want to argue that what people ***** about isn't justifiable?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Pens will make the playoffs easily because Crosby/Malkin are the 2 best players in the NHL, but Bylsma wont learn nothing. The moment he learns something positive he ignores it and goes back to what he used to do. Pens looked awesome in the first 3 games with the advice of our new assistant but after that Bylsma did not like it and went back to his dumb ways. This team is TERRIBLE despite it's record.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
We don't know how the playoffs will turn out. The Pens are the top team in the East. They're one of the favorites to win it all this year.

They're Paper Pretenders as long as the Bylsma + Fleury situation continues. Ray Shero needs to make the bold move of moving Fleury and acquiring Ryan Miller, who will at least get them to the Finals. Hossa was this kind of move and they need another one to shake up that Dressing Room and bring this team together as a group and if not, Second Round Exit in 2014.

CrozJawz*

WRONG.

The Stars basically played the Pens EXACTLY how the Bruins played them in the ECF last year. They shut down Sid and Geno, clogged up the neutral zone and waited to pick off stretch passes, got physical early and often, and forechecked the ENTIRE game like they were down 2-0 with a minute to go.

There has been a blueprint to beat the Pens for 4 years now and that hasn't changed. If a team can effectively shut down Sid and Geno, they have a good chance of beating the Pens because ALL of the Pens offense comes from them.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
We don't know how the playoffs will turn out. The Pens are the top team in the East.

You are right, but tonight was a great indication, based off recent years, how the pens will perform against fast, physical, in your face teams. That's what 90% of the people here ***** about.

Something positive: The team is better with AHL callups.

CrozJawz*

Boston only 5 points behind now with a game in hand...

These are all MEANINGLESS games in January though...

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
No they won't, that's the issue. The problem isn't a bad loss in January, the problem is seeing the same issues pop up for years with nothing being done about them.

Letang was as stupid as ever tonight, and somehow gets to be on the PP still, despite being a terrible PP player.

Young players with some skill like Megna get left on the bench while guys like Glass and Kobasew get top line shifts.

The team still thinks Orpik is a good player.

Fleury can't handle the puck, and doesn't seem to bother to learn how.

Dupuis is out for the season, but the team has done nothing to replace him.

NOw now. Let's no go terrifying our guest.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
The Pens can defeat fast, physical, in your face teams in the playoffs, they just have to stick to their game plan and play a full 60 minutes. We don't know how the playoffs will go, so stop jumping off bridges. We're tops in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad