9-MTL (Tier3)
10-BOS (Tier3)
11-FLA (Tier3)
12-PHI (Tier4)
13-NYI (Tier4)
14-CAR (Tier4)
15-DET (Tier5)
16-NJ (Tier5)

Columbus is pretty overrated. They're coming off a year where Bob played Hart/Vezina quality. You definitely didn't see MTL getting any credit after Price played his season like that.

I think they fall back down to earth, maybe not miss but they're a wild card team at best for me. Pittsburgh and Washington are still the class of the division, and I like Carolina in that division surprising. Philly will be better as well. I guess I might as well make an actual prediction of some missing; I think ti will be 3 in the East.

Ottawa, Columbus and New York Rangers are out and Carolina, Tampa Bay and Philadelphia are in.

Atlantic

1.Toronto
2.Montreal
3.Tampa Bay

Metro

1.Pittsburgh
2.Washington
3.Carolina

Wild Card

1.Philadelphia
2.Boston

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
East in: Tampa, Carolina, Buffalo, NYI

East Out: Washington, NYR, Boston, MTL

West In: Dallas, Winnipeg

West Out: Chicago, San Jose

don't understand why people are expecting Philly to make it, I wouldnt trust them with elliot in nets.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
East...

Out: Toronto. Boston. CBJ
In: Carolina. Tbay . NYI

West..

Out: SJ, Nash, Cal
In :Jets, Stars, Kings

Biggest disappointment will go to the extremely over rated leafs who got in on OT losses last year.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I find it pretty silly that so many people believe that after making the Final Four, the Sens will miss the playoffs. I mean, if you think that they won't make the Final Four again that's definitely a fair statement. There's a lot of parity in the league and nothing is a guarantee. But you actually think they'll miss the playoffs after the run they just had? :laugh: That's pretty ridiculous.

Not to mention the struggles they had last season and still managed to finish with 98 points. On the last game of the season Brassard, Karlsson and others weren't dressed in a loss against a non-playoff team. That alone brings them to 100 points. After that you have Anderson (starting goalie) going on personal leave for more than half the season, MacArthur (top 6 forward) joining the team just 4 games before the regular season ends, and going through training camp almost until mid-season adapting to Guy Boucher's systems. The coach himself admitted they barely practiced the PP last season.

Considering all of that, they should be better next season, at least in the regular season. Why would they be worse? Because they lost a 4 dman who was carried by Karlsson? That makes no sense. Especially when you consider the depth that Claesson, Oduya and Harpur are able to provide to soften the 'blow' (not really a blow, but whatever). Oh, and adding the best defensive prospect in Chabot should help things as well... Finally having someone who can take advantage of the open ice Karlsson creates on the back-end. Anyways, I guess Sens fans are used to being the underdogs.

They made the playoffs by 3 points. They arent a lock to make the playoffs by any means.

Came to so see people put Minnesota out wasn't disappointed:sarcasm:.

Played at a playoff bubble level the entire season except for an unconsciously (and unsustainable) hot December and January. I think they come back down to earth this season. Could easily make the playoffs, too, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. Acting like they're a lock (especially in the central) is foolish. Acting like any team is a lock to make it in the central is foolish.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
They made the playoffs by 3 points. They arent a lock to make the playoffs by any means.

Played at a playoff bubble level the entire season except for an unconsciously (and unsustainable) hot December and January. I think they come back down to earth this season. Could easily make the playoffs, too, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. Acting like they're a lock (especially in the central) is foolish. Acting like any team is a lock to make it in the central is foolish.

Number one people have predicted the Wild out of the playoffs for five years in a row guess what they still end up making it. It's just really predictable of who people are going to put out of the playoffs

Five wins in October three loses. This is playoff Bubble hockey?

Five wins in November 8 losses statement is accurate here

December 12 wins 2 losses Playoff Bubble hockey?

January 10 wins 5 losses Playoff Bubble hockey?

February 8 Wins 4 losses Playoff Bubble hockey?

March 5 wins 12 losses not good hockey at all

April 3 wins 1 lose. Playoff Bubble hockey?

The Wild were bad for only two months. You don't get 2nd in the Division if you play Playoff Bubble Hockey all year.

Good Research :sarcasm:.

Last edited:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Yes at worst 2nd in the Atlantic

They finished tied in points With Boston and 3 back of Ottawa, they then proceeded to upgrade their D and their top 6 forwards with Hainsey and Marleau

Now I don't like the cap hit on Hainsey but after watching Hunwick there is no doubt Hainsey is better.

Marleau is a massive upgrade on Hyman, Hyman can't finish to save his life, Marleau can actually finish a play.

While I did want Boyle back, if you do need to replace him, Moore s perfect because Moore is faster and this team relies a lot on speed so he's the perfect fit.

Boston didn't get any better and neither did Ottawa.

Ottawa lost a top 4 d man for nothing and no Johnny Oduya does not replace Methot.

Chabot and White will have more of an impact this year than Marleau and Hainsey.

I don't believe anyone in Ottawa thinks Oduya is taking Methot's role the entire season. That's probably one of the young guys like Claesson, Harpur or Chabot.

Maybe Toronto gets second or better in the Atlantic if they stay as completely healthy as they did last season but one key injury, like most teams, could keep them completely out of the playoffs.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
26 - 28

Number one people have predicted the Wild out of the playoffs for five years in a row guess what they still end up making it. It's just really predictable of who people are going to put out of the playoffs

Five wins in October three loses. This is playoff Bubble hockey?

Five wins in November 8 losses statement is accurate here

December 12 wins 2 losses Playoff Bubble hockey?

January 10 wins 5 losses Playoff Bubble hockey?

February 8 Wins 4 losses Playoff Bubble hockey?

March 5 wins 12 losses not good hockey at all

April 3 wins 1 lose. Playoff Bubble hockey?

The Wild were bad for only two months. You don't get 2nd in the Division if you play Playoff Bubble Hockey .

Good Research :sarcasm:.

Well,

First, I said aside from December and January, so you should probably read that through all the way.

Second, taking what I originally said, the Wild had 26 wins and 28 losses in games outside of December and January. They won 48% of their games. Nashville, last year's 8-seed, won 50% of their games. 48% seems playoff bubble to me, but ok :sarcasm:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
East...

West..

Biggest disappointment will go to the extremely over rated leafs who got in on OT losses last year.

I'm sorry your Jets couldn't even get there after regulation. I love how you put the Jets in and drop out 3 teams clearly much better than them haha

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
East...

West..

Id love for you to lay out for me the mental gymnastics required to conclude that losing 8 out of 9 shootouts we participated in was lucky. (As you're basically implying)

And those Leafs still had 2 more ROWs than your Jets did.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well,

First, I said aside from December and January, so you should probably read that through all the way.

Second, taking what I originally said, the Wild had 26 wins and 28 losses in games outside of December and January. They won 48% of their games. Nashville, last year's 8-seed, won 50% of their games. 48% seems playoff bubble to me, but ok :sarcasm:

You conveniently ignored They're winning ways in October ,February and April.

Last edited:

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
You conveniently ignored They're winning ways in October,November,February and April.

Well, they had a losing record in November, according to that guy, so IDK what you're getting at there.

If you take that two-month stretch out of their season, they performed like a playoff bubble team - that really isn't debatable.

I already said it wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota made it in, but it is asinine to jump on someone for pointing out that a team might've relied on a historical stretch that clearly wasn't sustainable (as the other 50 games + the first round of the playoffs proved) and they shouldn't be considered a lock to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
East...

West..

Ho dear...the leafs with a majority rookie squad, in key roles who will no doubt improve on the whole..

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well, they had a losing record in November, according to that guy, so IDK what you're getting at there.

If you take that two-month stretch out of their season, they performed like a playoff bubble team - that really isn't debatable.

I already said it wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota made it in, but it is asinine to jump on someone for pointing out that a team might've relied on a historical stretch that clearly wasn't sustainable (as the other 50 games + the first round of the playoffs proved) and they shouldn't be considered a lock to make the playoffs.

You said the Wild played Bubble playoff hockey besides two month stretch. That is a false statement when they won more games in the months I pointed out in an earlier post. You clearly no nothing that happened with Wild besides only two months.

I only jump down people throats when throw out inaccurate statements about team they clearly know nothing about.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
You said the Wild played Bubble playoff hockey besides two month stretch. That is a false statement when they won more games in the months I pointed out in an earlier post. You clearly no nothing that happened with Wild besides only two months.

I only jump down people throats when throw out inaccurate statements about team they clearly know nothing about.

26 wins and 28 losses. 48% win percentage. Average that out over 82 games and you don't make the playoffs.

They've played around playoff bubble hockey since signing Suter and Parise. I don't understand where the confusion is.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
26 wins and 28 losses. 48% win percentage. Average that out over 82 games and you don't make the playoffs.

They've played around playoff bubble hockey since signing Suter and Parise. I don't understand where the confusion is.

I'm talking about last year. The Wild had 42 regulation Wins last season. That's more than Pittsburgh,Chicago,Anaheim etc. I guess those teams played playoff Bubble hockey also.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I only have four but who knows I could be wrong

Edmonton x
Anaheim x
Calgary x
San Jose
Los Angeles
Arizona
Vegas