GDT: #5 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 15th | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM

Nov 5, 2019
Crazy thing is I thik Vasilevskiy got a piece of that
I think you are right and I thought the same thing that’s pretty crazy! We need some lucky/greasy goals and I hope we get some in Game 6 & a hopeful Game 7. LGI!!!!!

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
7wmSe1E.gif

From the redline, that's a 9.5.

The dive is key, I hope Sorokin is taking notes.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
I agree, I think if he centered Lee and Eberle we would get more out of those 2 for some reason he is more like Judas who those guys thrived with. Barzal seems to play well with the broken toys, it seems the player he has the most chemistry with is of all players Matt Martin. Trotz already put him with Clutter so might as well have Barzal center those guys and occasionally double shift him by rolling him out with Brassard and Uncle Leo. I mean we have seen Barzal set up Martin for a goal and today Martin had the pass of his career to Barzal but did not finish.

Martin put the winner on Brazals stick in OT that wasn't converted...the exit pass to Eberle for the 2 on 1(2 nd per 12 min area) that caught half of Tampas team in the Isles zone was also a great pass that wasn't converted on. Both were tape to tape no nonsense passes with some zip on them too boot.

Lets not forget Martin and Stamkos played together on a line in Sarnia and it was a successful line.

Last edited:

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
There are definitely “opportunities for improvement” for this team- but I find it hard to truly criticize them. Have to greatly admire the grit, and pride in the crest of this group for going on 2 seasons now. It’s a rare and special thing in pro sports that should not be taken for granted.

I’m glad they pushed it to at least 6. They’ve earned the right to not just go quietly into the night. Keep grinding!

scott99

May 13, 2005
Just an amazing win. This team never quits. They really need to attack more, get more shots on goal, and believe it or not, play tighter defense. They really need to score 3 goals in game 6 to win, easier said than done.

Reactions: JoeM

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte

Is this guy f***in serious? Did he miss the Martin to Barzy chance? The Pulock feed across the crease? He acts like we had absolutely nothing going in the OT periods. f*** him.

TB is so f***ing smug from top to bottom...I'd love nothing more than another W on Thursday to put some more skid marks in their underoos.

Buncha whiny little bitches.

EDIT: I guarantee this quote is given to every player at breakfast this morning.

Last edited:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I am so down on the lack of offensive chances that this team is able to get against Tampa, BUT that is completely offset by the pride, effort and resiliency this team continues to show. We all know the talent gap that exists between TBL and NYI but we won't give in.

Can't not be proud of what the 2019-20 New York Islanders have done.

Just keep it going and win game 6.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Martin put the winner on Brazals stick in OT that wasn't converted...the exit pass to Eberle for the 2 on 1(2 nd per 12 min area) that caught half of Tampas team in the Isles zone was also a great pass that wasn't converted on. Both were tape to tape no nonsense passes with some zip on them too boot.

Lets not forget Martin and Stamkos played together on a line in Sarnia and it was a successful line.

Hey, let's also not forget that the Isles had 2/3 of that line with Justin DiBenedetto (and Matt Martin).

Reactions: danteipp

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Is this guy f***in serious? Did he miss the Martin to Barzy chance? The Pulock feed across the crease? He acts like we had absolutely nothing going in the OT periods. f*** him.

TB is so f***ing smug from top to bottom...I'd love nothing more than another W on Thursday to put some more skid marks in their underoos.

Buncha whiny little bitches.

EDIT: I guarantee this quote is given to every player at breakfast this morning.
Jon Cooper had the win in Game 2 handed to him on a platter by the hockey gods. In no way were the Lightning the better team that night. He's got some f***ing sense of entitlement to think only his team is entitled to breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad