GDT: #5 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 15th | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Cooper is just trying to deflect from potential concerns rising about TB's record in recent years in ECFs when they can clinch. That's 5 consecutive losses in clinching games, if I'm not mistaken. So, he's saying they played great and it was bad luck.

Reactions: JoeM and xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Cooper is just trying to deflect from potential concerns rising about TB's record in recent years in ECFs when they can clinch. That's 5 consecutive losses in clinching games, if I'm not mistaken. So, he's saying they played great and it was bad luck.

He has to be on the hot seat if we win, let alone push to 7. If they don't get a cup this year there will be changes

Reactions: JoeM

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
i have to say that although im grateful we have had at least an extra 6 games of islander hockey this year with a trip to the ecf, i have to also say that im super mad that game 1 of the ecf was played a day after travel day smh. They basically handed tbl a win in this best of 7. so many what ifs. one can argue it has been the islanders who have been the better team in 3 out of the 5 games thus far.

Anything from here on out in this series is gravy. We are for sure playing with house money but boy oh boy how great would a game 7 be!?!? i would love to see tbl players with all the pressure on them!!!

cooper is a pos for saying what he said, talk about cocky geez. i hope the islanders make him pay for those words!! lfgi

Reactions: MartyC and JoeM

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Imagine talking shit about this dude? He's gonna break someones.....bones.

Screenshot_20200916-133020_Twitter.jpg

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Another note on Shattenkirk:

We finally found a player that Lee can beat in a footrace.
Anders looked like Bob Bourne back in the day.

Lee was moving forward where as Shattenkirk had to shift momentum to go the other way. Most Dmen get caught there. The mistake was Sergachev who decided not to attack Lee and take the chance that Lee would fire across to Eberle who would then be gone. You can see Sergachev makes the decision just before the blue line that he will attempt to block the pass vs try to hit Lee and break the play up. I felt he was close enough to get to Lee and made the wrong decision

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Lee was moving forward where as Shattenkirk had to shift momentum to go the other way. Most Dmen get caught there. The mistake was Sergachev who decided not to attack Lee and take the chance that Lee would fire across to Eberle who would then be gone. You can see Sergachev makes the decision just before the blue line that he will attempt to block the pass vs try to hit Lee and break the play up. I felt he was close enough to get to Lee and made the wrong decision

You're correct but don't ruin my attempt to make fun of the Captain's skating.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
That can't be a real quote...
If true it is locker room bulletin board material and not very smart from a coach trying to advance to the finals.
Cool. We didn't come close to playing our best game last night.
The boys got what they needed.
Our best game (s) are just ahead of us. Kucherov might be the next to flub a shot.
The Hockey Gods don't like smugness coach.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Stu Grimson just said on the NHL network he didn’t understand what the hell Trotz did with the forward lines, especially separating Clutterbuck and Martin and thought those changes might have led to the Isles struggle to generate offense all night. I definitely was thinking the same

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
It's been fun. Does anyone know a fly on Tampa trainers wall that can let us know what the deal with Point is?

my uncle lives in Tampa. (Rangers fan). I think it’s well known there that it’s a hip or groin problem. He also said he thinks he is out tomorrow too

Reactions: mm11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad