GDT: #5 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 15th | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
cooper provided some bulletin board material...

I'll bet you he holds Point out for game six too. He's smug enough to think the Lightning can win game 7 if necessary and he's already looking forward to resting Point for Dallas. I don't think he has any fear of facing the Islanders in a one game winner takes all.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The mistake was Sergachev who decided not to attack Lee and take the chance that Lee would fire across to Eberle who would then be gone. You can see Sergachev makes the decision just before the blue line that he will attempt to block the pass vs try to hit Lee and break the play up. I felt he was close enough to get to Lee and made the wrong decision
I agree with this assessment. Sergachev should have attacked Lee right away but he hesitated. Or he should have played the pass and left Lee and his howitzer of a shot :)rolleyes:) to his goalie. Instead he did the worst possible thing and got stuck in the middle. And I know, because I played defense on a championship dek-hockey team in Farmingdale back in the day. :sarcasm:

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Stu Grimson just said on the NHL network he didn’t understand what the hell Trotz did with the forward lines, especially separating Clutterbuck and Martin and thought those changes might have led to the Isles struggle to generate offense all night. I definitely was thinking the same

Stu is still suffering from too many shots to the head...Martin set up Eberle and Barzal in all alone, plus had the 1st and only shot for along time from the slot...Clutter was moving the puck pretty well also. They made room plus won battles on the boards to get the soft offence guys the puck.
Martins pass to Eberle for the 2 on 1..2nd period was a 80 ft tape to tape zinger....Plus he retrieved the puck on the boards after Eberle shot .

These moves may have been Trots best moves to get his team going...7 D and 11 forwards gave plenty of TOI for everyone...A little less Pageau would be a good thing..tho he wins face-offs..he turns the puck over constantly....He also could not get Clutter or Martin pucks in the slot when they were free...

Stu should stick to pot roast.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I'll bet you he holds Point out for game six too. He's smug enough to think the Lightning can win game 7 if necessary and he's already looking forward to resting Point for Dallas. I don't think he has any fear of facing the Islanders in a one game winner takes all.

I just watched Coops presser for today.....i have a feeling he is not too sure he will see point back for game 6 and maybe not for a possible game 7. I will say this...i do not like Coop.....and so thrilled we have a guy like Trotz at the helm.....even if we lose tomorrow, we have the far better coach, and person...and i am so proud of this team.

Reactions: Costigan77 and JKP

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Ironically he was on my team in a class on Marketing Behavior at Hofstra with another high school friend of mine, and all we thought, was how dumb this guy was and that if you have a lacrosse stick you can name your college and tuition fee LOL

Coop figured he would breeze through Marketing behavior. Not!

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Stu Grimson just said on the NHL network he didn’t understand what the hell Trotz did with the forward lines, especially separating Clutterbuck and Martin and thought those changes might have led to the Isles struggle to generate offense all night. I definitely was thinking the same
I’m not sure these changes worked but the Isles have four goals total in the three losses (one you can prob consider garbage time) so it’s not like things were working with our regular lineup. It partly feels like Tampa figured out our system and the adjustments just aren’t working enough, we don’t have enough skill players to work around their defensive strategy.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Coop figured he would breeze through Marketing behavior. Not!

Yeah I think we had to do a story board for a commercial and my father had worked at Time Inc and we got one of those Sports Illustrated commercial storyboards... and we had to meet a few times to come up with demographics and such off of it. Was a smallish class and he was sitting near us and we had to have groups of three. I think we were to meet 8 times, he showed up 3 times and me and my friend from high school got through it despite his loafing, then I would see him at McHebes and he would act like we all aced it together... and request that damn Your Love song by Outfield, which at the time seemed like a song that was around for one season and that was it.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I’m not sure these changes worked but the Isles have four goals total in the three losses (one you can prob consider garbage time) so it’s not like things were working with our regular lineup. It partly feels like Tampa figured out our system and the adjustments just aren’t working enough, we don’t have enough skill players to work around their defensive strategy.

Yeah we are short 2 offensive players from being a threat offensively, that is why I feel like we have to pray that Wahlstrom can be a 20 goal scorer next year and that we find a gem in the FA market some guy that has not had the right personnel around him like a Jimmy Vesey someone that could score 30 if he played with Barzal, kind of like how we inserted winger with Judas and they scored 20-40 goals see (Lee, Moulson, Pap, Boyes... but not Coma Chef)

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Yeah we are short 2 offensive players from being a threat offensively, that is why I feel like we have to pray that Wahlstrom can be a 20 goal scorer next year and that we find a gem in the FA market some guy that has not had the right personnel around him like a Jimmy Vesey someone that could score 30 if he played with Barzal, kind of like how we inserted winger with Judas and they scored 20-40 goals see (Lee, Moulson, Pap, Boyes... but not Coma Chef)
I only take Vesey on a cheap one year deal (that’s all we can afford lol) but otherwise I feel like this is the year where we find out if Bellows and Wahlstrom are keepers. Definitely a prove-it year for Bellows, there should be room for both.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I only take Vesey on a cheap one year deal (that’s all we can afford lol) but otherwise I feel like this is the year where we find out if Bellows and Wahlstrom are keepers. Definitely a prove-it year for Bellows, there should be room for both.

I feel only one is going to be good, just law of averages and I am shooting low with Vesey because he can probably be had cheap and I think he could be better if on the right team. The type of guy we get that suddenly is a revelation type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->