Prospect Info: #5 OA - Barrett Hayton - Center - Back to the OHL

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
RE: performance vs lower quality teams

For Hayton, that is more of a victim of circumstance since he was sent back after what, 5 NHL games? Which would mean he missed the first 7 Soo games against higher competition. The OHL series games are good benchmarks to see what he does with the "best of his peers." Doesn't surprise that he is so effective at knowing where he needs to be on the ice. The fact that he is continuing to make so many smart plays is always encouraging

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Slow was maybe inaccurate...from the hockey writers, "His overall skating is fine. He does need to improve in his first 2-3 steps especially against competition at the next level".
His skating is greatly improved this year.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
yeah Hayton's skating isn't the best, but his stride is much more projectable. Strome was really slow and had a really awkward skating style

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He’s going to be a difficult player to plant on his ass from what I’ve seen.
It’s a great move. My criticism stems that he uses it every time. He won’t be as difficult to defend if he only has one move. Just me raising a potential red flag. Overall I’m high on Hayton. I think he’s more important to SSM than Frost which is a huge compliment.

Reactions: soo hound girl

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
It’s a great move. My criticism stems that he uses it every time. He won’t be as difficult to defend if he only has one move. Just me raising a potential red flag. Overall I’m high on Hayton. I think he’s more important to SSM than Frost which is a huge compliment.
Sorry for the long video clip here, but Hayton is featured at the beginning of this role featuring top CHL prospects for the World Juniors. Video shows a wide variety of scoring. As a Soo fan, I can tell you that the toe drag is only one of his weapons. I think they are the shots that make the highlight reels though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad