Prospect Info: #5 OA - Barrett Hayton - Center - Back to the OHL

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I'm pretty sure Zadina just didn't want to be here. He said that Mon and Det would regret passing on him, didn't say s--t about us

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Was listening to a pod today and learned Zadina's agent is the same pain the ass who is Rieder's agent. I wonder if that influenced our selection.
overhardt represents Schmaltz

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah, that was a little rough to hear. That's the guy who took Maloney to the cleaners on the Smith contract. He isn't Zadina's agent though. That's Darren Ferris.

Overhardt also represents Dvorak.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think he and POJ are likely on the team, with big roles.

I was surprised to see Crotty invited. No points yet in college this year.
We do this weird thing where we draft D who put up no goals and no assists. Crotty is in great company with Westerlund and Bahl. :)

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We do this weird thing where we draft D who put up no goals and no assists. Crotty is in great company with Westerlund and Bahl. :)

So if a new Hjalmarsson was sitting there, he shouldn't really be drafted? ;)

Hjalmarsson was drafted by Chicago at 108th. For once, the player drafted by the Yotes at 105th was Yandle, so untypically it wasn't all ridicolous...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So if a new Hjalmarsson was sitting there, he shouldn't really be drafted? ;)

Hjalmarsson was drafted by Chicago at 108th. For once, the player drafted by the Yotes at 105th was Yandle, so untypically it wasn't all ridicolous...
Hjalmarsson put up numbers. Most quality nhl defensive defensemen put up numbers as amateurs. Amateur D that don’t ever put up numbers are what we call busts. They just don’t ever make an impact in the nhl. It’s worse than drafting goalies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Another bad 2nd round selection

The 3rd/4th/5th round of '17 is kind of making up for it though.
Entwistile who I'm still a huge fan of, we turned into Vinnystroza with a little cap help :laugh:. If I could reliably trade a 3rd rounder for a .5 ppg player I'd do it every day of the week.

Crotty still seems to be well thought of based on his selection to the WJC camp. Schnarr is having a nice season. Hoefenmayer's stock is shooting up like a rocket. Steenbergen has had a rough start as a pro but still very early.

ANywho this thread is about full, I'll make a new one we'll try to (and probably fail) at st ying on topic in :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->