Prospect Info: #5 OA - Barrett Hayton - Center - Back to the OHL

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Also, how the f*** does Craig Button know the exact pick so far ahead of time, especially when it's a reach? Do we have people flapping their gums again?

Reactions: ck26

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Extremely pissed. Hayton’s weaknesses are “skating”, and “ability to produce at higher levels”.

Absolutely dumb selection.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I think we got a better prospect that we think, the problem is the value. If we were picking at 7 or 8, I would be much more inclined to say that the reach was small enough to discount where he was being valued at.

He is also super young. June 9th Bray, so just turned 18. The fact he was a PPG and top 6 F for Soo at 17 is good. And maybe teams were willing to go to bat for C around the 7, 8, or 9 pick and Hayton was high on some draft boards.

Reactions: kbay

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Extremely pissed. Hayton’s weaknesses are “skating”, and “ability to produce at higher levels”.

Absolutely dumb selection.

I saw the contrary about skating, as he has been advertised as a very good skater. Not certain about the "ability to produce at higher levels. He is a PPG late-birthday 17 year old, so if he kept staying up in that lineup (a good SSM team, IIRC) then maybe he has some better ability to produce at higher levels

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I dunno, the scouting report sounded like he could be a good player and a good fit. But then again, I know jack squat about any other prospects so I'd have to read their scouting report. But the report linked sounded like he could help us out.

Reactions: kbay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->