GDT: #5 – Panthers at Sabres – Fri Oct 17, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
But he wasn't in the right position. When he lost the puck battle (A long with Mez) they were both on the outside allowing the shooter a clear path to the goal.

Good point, for sure. But you still have to take into account play development...

In this case, I no longer recall how Hodgson came to be on the outside so won't presume an opinion either way. I do know though, as a D myself who averages 4-5 games a week in rec play, that it's damn easy to be doing all the right things and still end up on "wrong" side of my man at the wrong moment. Plays develop and you can't be on both sides in a split second.

Any which way, Hodgson couldn't go wrong if he used some of his size and leg muscles to do more body work in those scenarios - less sticky stick stuff.

Edit: But don't take my critique of the kid to mean I'm not a totally biased fan ;-)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
To state the obvious. Girgs is our #1 center. And it looks like Stafford was set free from Ennis and put on Girgs wing. Gionta in his spot.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
OMG, Sabres might have a power play unit! Cycling between the low guys, points open and hustling... wow!

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Well, guess I may as well fess up now - Luongo is one of my fav goalies. Actually, one of my favs. True quality guy off-ice too, humble and personable dealing with people.

So if Sabres are gonna but shut out, glad it's to Luongo.

(ps: there, I said it, so JINX against the shut out! :D )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad