Post-Game Talk: #47 | Ottawa Senators at Flyers | Sunday, January 21, 2024 | Flyers lose 5-3

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The moment I saw they're one of the worst away teams in the league I knew we would lose this game. Was inevitable.
Sens roster is so much better than their record. After Ducks fired Eakins they clearly had the next worst coach in the league. Add godawful goaltending that may not be entirely on coaching and they are prime candidate to overreact. What remains to be seen is if they do something stupid or see this season for what it is.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
You had Poehling play around 9 minutes & Deslauries play around 5 minutes while already being short a forward (which was Tortorella’s own doing) while being on a back to back. Probably not ideal lineup construction.
I think Deslauriers was a dumb decision. An AHL call up (if Brink has to keep sitting) would’ve been better.

I don’t think 7D is ideal, but at the same time, I’m glad Zamula didn’t sit, and assuming Torts’s comments were legit, it seems like we’re still going to sell, so sitting Seeler/Walker isn’t an option.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
once again..no one here has actively ever said we should tank
i said it and i will say it again! We need to tank when we want to be a contender for a long stretch!

If we go with Couts, Atkinson and Hart and the youth we have our ceiling is what we have had the last 10 years. When Couts isnt injured we will make the playoffs. If he is injured or Hart has a bad year we dont make it. So the same shit since 2010!

I love Couts and i like Hart but the whole Roster isnt good enough to be a year in year out contender for the next years! And if you want that you need more "HIGH END TALENT"! We dont have it and we will not get it without high draft picks!

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
1705874866383.jpeg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There’s an awful lot of genuinely miserable people here rooting against their “favorite” team cause they didn’t tank like they believe is optimal.

We gassed out on a matinee b2b after largely dominating play yesterday against the 2nd betting favorite to win the cup. Oh, and we were without our hottest goalscorer / fastest skater Tippett.

If you actually think this is the beginning of the end, I hope you keep watching (and hate every second of it).View attachment 807632
Exactly. Too many people blaming it on playing 11/7, instead of just accepting they are still a rebuilding team that’s had a brutal schedule the last 3.5 weeks, coming off a game yesterday where they outplayed Colorado, & without their hottest scorer.

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
Any word on tippers injury? You could tell this game was a loss because they were a step or two behind on every play. We are a borderline playoff team at best and that's what I expect for this year. They are playing much better hockey, but the league is really good and the Sens are much better than their record.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You had Poehling play around 9 minutes & Deslauries play around 5 minutes while already being short a forward (which was Tortorella’s own doing) while being on a back to back. Probably not ideal lineup construction.
will be interesting what the beats say about this and the now believing podcasts!! ^^ Bill Matz is fully engaged on the flyers hype the last 2 weeks. Iam very interested in what happens now. And what ASF has to say ^^ Funny times!

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Exactly. Too many people blaming it on playing 11/7, instead of just accepting they are still a rebuilding team that’s had a brutal schedule the last 3.5 weeks, coming off a game yesterday where they outplayed Colorado, & without their hottest scorer.
11-7 is stupid for 2 reasons....no continuity with lines or d partner if he strives to play everyone. And I believe you need more legs in the forward position who are playing a more full ice game than the D.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Highlight of the game for me was my dad's comment when Morganti (I think) was saying during the second intermission about how MacEwen was one of the most popular players when he was here:

"I don't remember him"

Lol the team and media crew tried so hard to make him a guy.

They pump up slugs and ignore or denigrate their best talent. It's something else. Something good I'm sure, I'd never doubt them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, they were flat after an all out effort against Colorado.
Basically, Farabee showed up and the rest of the team went MIA.

Sanheim has been in a funk for a while, and to think he started the season looking like a #1, shows you it's a long season.

Zamula showed why teams that want to win don't play kids, scores 2 goals, then basically is responsible for 2 goals - or why HCs tend to have premature grey hair.

And Seeler showed why Torts don't want anyone but his skilled people making cross ice passes.
It's not being conservative, it's recognizing the limitations of half the players on your roster.

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad