Post-Game Talk: #47 | Ottawa Senators at Flyers | Sunday, January 21, 2024 | Flyers lose 5-3

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
That was a pathetic display. An excusable loss to Colorado considering the opponent but you had a chance to play for first place, reduce the doldrums of the prior day and beat a feeble team. Blame can be spread but that was horrifying in its most literal definition and an incapacitant loss. If they play that way against Tampa Bay or Boston this week, the scores could be a figurative lashing. A reminder that the team's sparkling season to date has been provisional and there are no guarantees of prosperity without some impediments and this weekend exuded and oozed that description.
Well said. I think the “good” part of Torts is that they will be motivated. I will be shocked if they don’t fight back on Tuesday.

I’m waiting for the wheels to fall off - but I will be legit shocked if we don’t come out flying. Not saying we win, but I’d be shocked if we get blown out

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
It was a really, really, really bad (comically bad) series of mistakes from Seeler, but he isn’t THAT bad. Sitting a guy routinely kills his value. Signals to other teams that guy is on the outs / that you don’t have trust in him. There were/are also allegedly teams interested in trading for the Walker/Seeler combo.

I agree, it’s a good arena to watch a game at. Just sorry you had to watch that slop, when they’ve been playing so well as of late.

Earlier this week Hakanpaa was Hakanp???? They don’t seem to have loaded any letters with accent marks into the system lol.
Yeah, no foreign fonts. C’mon, pay for the full font package.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Well said. I think the “good” part of Torts is that they will be motivated. I will be shocked if they don’t fight back on Tuesday.

I’m waiting for the wheels to fall off - but I will be legit shocked if we don’t come out flying. Not saying we win, but I’d be shocked if we get blown out
I think people (not you more the authentics) are going to be surprised how the back half of the season goes. At some point the pace they are playing with is going to catch up to them. You can't play at or near playoff level intensity for an entire 82 games and not have it catch up to you.

I'm convinced that's part of the reason Torts playoff record is so bad, his teams are probably always ruined by the time playoffs start and everybody else is cranking their intensity up.

It also blows my mind how much the Flyers consistently having played a couple extra games this year has swayed people's perception of them. By point% they sat around 6th in the conference almost the entire year.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I think people (not you more the authentics) are going to be surprised how the back half of the season goes. At some point the pace they are playing with is going to catch up to them. You can't play at or near playoff level intensity for an entire 82 games and not have it catch up to you.

I'm convinced that's part of the reason Torts playoff record is so bad, his teams are probably always ruined by the time playoffs start and everybody else is cranking their intensity up.

It also blows my mind how much the Flyers consistently having played a couple extra games this year has swayed people's perception of them. By point% they sat around 6th in the conference almost the entire year.
No doubt, another reason why 11v7 is dumb. You can’t expect 11 fwd’s, really 10 fwds if 44 is playing, to forecheck and backcheck at the level you need to beat good teams

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

It's also a perfect way to play into the Philadelphia injury curse. These guys are going to fall apart physically at some point.

Torts is who we thought he was.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
It's also a perfect way to play into the Philadelphia injury curse. These guys are going to fall apart physically at some point.

Torts is who we thought he was.
Yeah it's wild how healthy the team has been considering the history of some of the guys on the team the pace they play at and the amount of shots they block.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I think it's more a matter of overachieving, and raising unrealistic expectations.
I mean if this team makes the playoffs, it's still a team with a lot of holes.

Fortunately, neither Torts or Briere seem to have any illusions about the talent level on this team.

Reactions: Philly Fanatik

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Atkinson:
top speed 22.74 (80th percentile)
bursts over 20 MPH (50th perentile)
skating distance per 60 (67th perentile)
he's not as fast as his prime, but he's still faster than average.

CF 49.91%, CFrel -1.06, xGF 50.93%, xGFrel -1.48, pp/60 (55): 2.02, 46g 10-11 21 at ES
His 5x5 scoring is 98th among all forwards with 400 (5x5) minutes.

The reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I haven't been to a game in over nine years and my Couturier jersey is too big for me now. :confused:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
A visual timeline of the fandom from after the Dallas game until after this weekend with the Flyers serving as Lucy.

HCU0O8.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
My guy. I was the invite haha. I tagged along with my sister. Her friends husbands company has a suite they get access to sometimes.

It was nice to know I was watching the game without individually supporting the franchise. I even made sure to look away when they showed the new era of orange graphics
Tell your sister I said hi.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Atkinson:
top speed 22.74 (80th percentile)
bursts over 20 MPH (50th perentile)
skating distance per 60 (67th perentile)
he's not as fast as his prime, but he's still faster than average.

CF 49.91%, CFrel -1.06, xGF 50.93%, xGFrel -1.48, pp/60 (55): 2.02, 46g 10-11 21 at ES
His 5x5 scoring is 98th among all forwards with 400 (5x5) minutes.

The reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Sure, if you don't actually watch the games

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My guy. I was the invite haha. I tagged along with my sister. Her friends husbands company has a suite they get access to sometimes.

It was nice to know I was watching the game without individually supporting the franchise. I even made sure to look away when they showed the new era of orange graphics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad