Post-Game Talk: #47 | Ottawa Senators at Flyers | Sunday, January 21, 2024 | Flyers lose 5-3

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Sure, if you don't actually watch the games
This is it. You can look at all of the statistics that you want but if the player is not putting the puck in the net or specifically contributing to that happening, it really doesn't matter. I don't see the assists and goals coming from him. I don't see him winning the battles for the puck in the tough areas. I don't see him forcing play or stopping it on defense. Sometimes the eye check matters. My eyes tell me that he's cooked and that there are better, younger players than him that could contribute more than he does to winning.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A week ago the same poster was talking about how Atkinson is a prime buyout candidate.

I guess this is one of those cases of "new information" coming out.
No contradiction. At $5.5M, if they can't find a taker, they may prefer to buy him out rather than retain and have to add an asset. If he finishes strong, they may be able to move him, something I noted before, but at his age, he needs to finish in the 35-40 ES point range to find a buyer with money retained.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
No contradiction. At $5.5M, if they can't find a taker, they may prefer to buy him out rather than retain and have to add an asset. If he finishes strong, they may be able to move him, something I noted before, but at his age, he needs to finish in the 35-40 ES point range to find a buyer with money retained.
There's a contradiction. You just don't see it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I watch the games, I think Atkinson has lost a stride but is still a good skater. He's undersized and that limits him, but he's a smart veteran who is opportunistic and scores more than you'd expect. The problem is his contract, he's paid like a 2RW and plays like an offense first 3RW veteran. Since he'll be 35 next season, to have trade value this summer he has to finish strong to convince teams he has one more season - even then he's highly overpaid for his role.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Sooooooo blame this one on me....

saw the score at 3-1 while enjoying the fun at a New Jersey brewery and said, they'll find a way to lose this.

Owner said to me he should have listened to me and got a live money line at that time.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad