Post-Game Talk: #47 | Ottawa Senators at Flyers | Sunday, January 21, 2024 | Flyers lose 5-3

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
That was a pathetic display. An excusable loss to Colorado considering the opponent but you had a chance to play for first place, reduce the doldrums of the prior day and beat a feeble team. Blame can be spread but that was horrifying in its most literal definition and an incapacitant loss. If they play that way against Tampa Bay or Boston this week, the scores could be a figurative lashing. A reminder that the team's sparkling season to date has been provisional and there are no guarantees of prosperity without some impediments and this weekend exuded and oozed that description.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
11-7 is stupid for 2 reasons....no continuity with lines or d partner if he strives to play everyone. And I believe you need more legs in the forward position who are playing a more full ice game than the D.
Problem is they're the island of misfit toys.
Two top 9 centers (both Laughton and Cates better at LW)
Five RWs, TK, Tippett, Atkinson, Hathaway, Brink
One LW, Farabee (Deslauriers doesn't count)

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
There’s an awful lot of genuinely miserable people here rooting against their “favorite” team cause they didn’t tank like they believe is optimal.

We gassed out on a matinee b2b after largely dominating play yesterday against the 2nd betting favorite to win the cup. Oh, and we were without our hottest goalscorer / fastest skater Tippett.

If you actually think this is the beginning of the end, I hope you keep watching (and hate every second of it).View attachment 807632
So Ottawa did not play Winnipeg yesterday afternoon and then have to travel to Philly to play this afternoon as well . Give me a F$%&ing break

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Problem is they're the island of misfit toys.
Two top 9 centers (both Laughton and Cates better at LW)
Five RWs, TK, Tippett, Atkinson, Hathaway, Brink
One LW, Farabee (Deslauriers doesn't count)
they're supposed pros!!! Its not that hard to play a different wing, the dynamics are the same....if you can't give or take a pss on your backhand, you shouldn't be in NHL.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I think Deslauriers was a dumb decision. An AHL call up (if Brink has to keep sitting) would’ve been better.

I don’t think 7D is ideal, but at the same time, I’m glad Zamula didn’t sit, and assuming Torts’s comments were legit, it seems like we’re still going to sell, so sitting Seeler/Walker isn’t an option.

Seeler's value can only drop while playing. I know this isn't the Puppy Thread, but he is dog poop. Dude messed up 3 times on one shift that led to Ottawa's 4th goal. We had multiple scoring chances on that shift and the puck came right out to Seeler in the middle of the ice. I was sitting in row 11 behind Ottawa's net and the shot he took was ridiculously bad that it would have hit me if the glass wasn't there. At least 6 feet over the net and 4 feet wide. He then picked up the puck along the boards and made the bad pass across the ice and followed it up by not taking the shooter or the pass away on the 2 on 1.

This was my first game in years and the Wells Fargo is way better designed than it was before the renovations. Love the amount of seating/standing tables they have around the concourse. Although, there were at least two occasions where I thought I was having a fever dream. At one point there was a "pump up" video that included a clip of a dancing Jack Black for some reason. I also regularly felt like I was in a club with all of the flashing swirling lights and crazy music. Maybe I'm just getting old, hahaha. I love the extra spaces to sit, but it was too bright and loud.

I also noticed the jumbotron had Stutzle spelled St??tzle as if the ?? was as close as they could get to ü.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
There’s an awful lot of genuinely miserable people here rooting against their “favorite” team cause they didn’t tank like they believe is optimal.

We gassed out on a matinee b2b after largely dominating play yesterday against the 2nd betting favorite to win the cup. Oh, and we were without our hottest goalscorer / fastest skater Tippett.

If you actually think this is the beginning of the end, I hope you keep watching (and hate every second of it).View attachment 807632
You realize that Ottawa was on a Back to back with travel right

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't think anyone on the team looks more helpless 1 on 1 than Cam Atkinson. His skating looks putrid, and defenders laughably close in on him. Watching him on the PP, paired with Frost/Drysdale/Sanheim, as soon as he touches the puck the defense just eats him alive. And somehow, he's playing 3 minutes more than Frost (2nd in xGF%) and the most of any forward not named TK, Coots, Farabee on a b2b with 10 forwards. I'll eat my shorts if he's not playing minutes next year.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don't think anyone on the team looks more helpless 1 on 1 than Cam Atkinson. His skating looks putrid, and defenders laughably close in on him. Watching him on the PP, paired with Frost/Drysdale/Sanheim, as soon as he touches the puck the defense just eats him alive. And somehow, he's playing 3 minutes more than Frost (2nd in xGF%) and the most of any forward not named TK, Coots, Farabee on a b2b with 10 forwards. I'll eat my shorts if he's not playing minutes next year.
Someone needs to take Atkinson aside and tell him that it’s time. No sensible team is going to cough up a draft choice for him. He needs to go on LTIR and call it a career.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

2023-2024 - $2,358,334
2024-2025 - $1,758,334

That buyout might be worth it. :laugh:

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Seeler's value can only drop while playing. I know this isn't the Puppy Thread, but he is dog poop. Dude messed up 3 times on one shift that led to Ottawa's 4th goal. We had multiple scoring chances on that shift and the puck came right out to Seeler in the middle of the ice. I was sitting in row 11 behind Ottawa's net and the shot he took was ridiculously bad that it would have hit me if the glass wasn't there. At least 6 feet over the net and 4 feet wide. He then picked up the puck along the boards and made the bad pass across the ice and followed it up by not taking the shooter or the pass away on the 2 on 1.

This was my first game in years and the Wells Fargo is way better designed than it was before the renovations. Love the amount of seating/standing tables they have around the concourse. Although, there were at least two occasions where I thought I was having a fever dream. At one point there was a "pump up" video that included a clip of a dancing Jack Black for some reason. I also regularly felt like I was in a club with all of the flashing swirling lights and crazy music. Maybe I'm just getting old, hahaha. I love the extra spaces to sit, but it was too bright and loud.

I also noticed the jumbotron had Stutzle spelled St??tzle as if the ?? was as close as they could get to ü.
It was a really, really, really bad (comically bad) series of mistakes from Seeler, but he isn’t THAT bad. Sitting a guy routinely kills his value. Signals to other teams that guy is on the outs / that you don’t have trust in him. There were/are also allegedly teams interested in trading for the Walker/Seeler combo.

I agree, it’s a good arena to watch a game at. Just sorry you had to watch that slop, when they’ve been playing so well as of late.

Earlier this week Hakanpaa was Hakanp???? They don’t seem to have loaded any letters with accent marks into the system lol.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
That was a pathetic display. An excusable loss to Colorado considering the opponent but you had a chance to play for first place, reduce the doldrums of the prior day and beat a feeble team. Blame can be spread but that was horrifying in its most literal definition and an incapacitant loss. If they play that way against Tampa Bay or Boston this week, the scores could be a figurative lashing. A reminder that the team's sparkling season to date has been provisional and there are no guarantees of prosperity without some impediments and this weekend exuded and oozed that description.
cant you just enjoy the wins....

🤣🤣🤣

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

Articulated and finely nuanced, I must say. I could see you at the Acropolis in ancient Greece, MSE.

Provisional and Sparkling was brilliant! Kudos!

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
It was a really, really, really bad (comically bad) series of mistakes from Seeler, but he isn’t THAT bad. Sitting a guy routinely kills his value. Signals to other teams that guy is on the outs / that you don’t have trust in him. There were/are also allegedly teams interested in trading for the Walker/Seeler combo.

I agree, it’s a good arena to watch a game at. Just sorry you had to watch that slop, when they’ve been playing so well as of late.

Earlier this week Hakanpaa was Hakanp???? They don’t seem to have loaded any letters with accent marks into the system lol.
In reference to Hakanpaa and Stutzle names(dots above u are an called an umlaut,fyi)...nothing to do with hockey, but mickey mouse, classless. Hate crap like that, looks bad for whole organization.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
IMG_8480.png

Was a good game

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Articulated and finely nuanced, I must say. I could see you at the Acropolis in ancient Greece, MSE.

Provisional and Sparkling was brilliant! Kudos!

Eccentric former goalie Gilles Gratton likely was there considering his esoteric and vivid recollections of his previous lives. But to paraphrase Shaquille O'Neal when asked if he visited the Parthenon while in Greece, I didn't have time for nightclubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad