Post-Game Talk: #47 | FLYERS (A) vs. Rangers (H) | Friday, Apr. 23, 2021 | Loss 4-1

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
*Pounding forks and knives on the table*: 'EIGHT-THREE-AND-ONE! EIGHT-THREE-AND-ONE!'
What's funny is that no lessons were learned since then by those same people.

Team record is good = everything is good, no problems, nothing needs to be changed, don't you dare say anything is bad
Team record is bad = everything is bad, all problems, everything needs to be changed, don't you dare say anything is good

We've just inverted the stupidity. The things that are and aren't problems are the exact same since then but somehow it's still being missed.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not blaming Voracek for the coaches failures. Ive been a proponent of moving on from him for years. He's a good player but this team really hasn't done much in the past decade.
I meant by Fletcher, not you.

He's not to blame for any of this and is still definitely a net positive, but for some reason he's incredibly underappreciated.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
More than 3 goals scored one time in their last 20 games. At what point do you say a team is totally broken and does nothing well at any strength? And at what point do we consider that, if not great, then at least only above average coaching?

And after seeing Zac Jones walk from UMass onto the Rangers, and Jackson Cates start immediately for the Flyers, I’m definitely ready for Cam York to play for Robert Hagg....I mean Ghost.

The last multiple-goal win came February 28. That is unsettling to say the least.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is a patient that needs to be made palliative.

Not trying to do a hip replacement in the summer for some kind of Hail Mary attempt at a first round victory.

Turn off the oxygen. Sedate and move it on.

Fletcher is GM. This patient has lung cancer and a week to live, and he's gonna do the hip replacement and expect a cure.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
A major problem is Hayes. The club needs a different mix at center. He is not the answer. His passes are as awful as his view of the ice. His shoot first approach kills a line. Move him to wing unless he can be moved out.

He would be a perfect answer as a 1C for a solid tank job.

My man needs to move on up the lineup, not down.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A major problem is Hayes. The club needs a different mix at center. He is not the answer. His passes are as awful as his view of the ice. His shoot first approach kills a line. Move him to wing unless he can be moved out.
TK-Giroux-Voracek was our best line for weeks and then of course they break it up for no reason. Now we have zero center depth and everyone looks worse.

Not a surprise that everyone is struggling to score right now, especially with this dogshit system.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
024A6384-7A21-4BC2-A0F9-FBA69F7577AE.jpeg

B3C2F538-9B8C-4E45-9719-9B48D9A85AED.jpeg

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Jake alone being moved would not be enough for a culture shock..G would be(not saying trade him) but it is more than just a few guys..really..time to blow it up..listen on just about everyone and only move the "untouchables " if you get blown away by an offer...this team needs a reset in every area..top to bottom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad