Post-Game Talk: #47 | FLYERS (A) vs. Rangers (H) | Friday, Apr. 23, 2021 | Loss 4-1

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Next. I have a video of the laser eye up close. With some eye scraping/cleaning. That’s for another day :laugh:

BudEagle

Nov 9, 2013
New Jersey
tire fire.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Having that exact captain would do nothing to fix the coaching or management, and no amount of fear can make this system work. Would just make the whole thing more toxic.

Captains are wildly overrated. It would be great if the Flyers could forego having one so we can stop blaming the C for things he doesn't control.
Nah, it's definitely the guy who's been the most consistent and significant positive over the last decade who is at a fault for multiple failed GMs and coaches and a complete lack of goaltending or depth. Simply because he's been here the whole time.

Honestly, it'd be less insane to blame the Wells Fargo Center building itself as a problem than Giroux. It's equally as at guilty for the poor players/staff we've had, except it hasn't been a huge net positive the entire time.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
those last two goals, watch them and tell me the players that were being beaten were not having some kind of inner conflict as what to do........

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's see, Flyers have a 5 on 3, they blew it but not one mention of the player responsible for blowing that opportunity.
The defenseman who blew a shot that killed a minute, then a bad turnover that killed a minute.

They are really having some bad puck luck, they're making opportunities but not finishing.
The effort was there, the results . ..

Lyon gave them a solid effort until that 4th goal.

It's one of those years, and watching them play is convincing me that COVID is a major factor, they just seem "off."

Jackson Cates wasn't bad, he's already better than Vorobyev and Rubtsov.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I meant by Fletcher, not you.

He's not to blame for any of this and is still definitely a net positive, but for some reason he's incredibly underappreciated.

Gotcha, no worries. I just thought you were sort of responding to my post.

I think Voracek is a damn good player but he's a complimentary piece (so to speak). I recall years ago when he was ~23 thinking "oh man he's got young Jagrish potential" but that never quite materialized. JVR and Hayes (but I can at least wrap my head around a 2nd center) were really not the best additions. I think the Flyers sort of suffer from too many guys who aren't sufficient in two way play. You've got Giroux, Couturier, Laughton and then there's quite a cliff. Lindblom looked amazing and then cancer hit and Patrick has been a dud. I don't think there's any blame to put on Voracek but I do think there's a need to do a cultural shift. He's a key guy on the team and it'll shake the team up for better or worse.

Oh total side track, how did you do after your second shot? I felt like death but I'm not sure if that was due to me drinking or the shot.

Reactions: Striiker

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I've only watched the condensed highlights, but they were laughable.

Was that Ghosts worst defensive effort in a game ever?

The second rangers goal where he's stopping a cross crease pass to no one is some of the worst defending I've ever seen. He literally watched the ranger go one on one with Lyon.

Every period he was on the ice for a major goal scoring chance against. The last goal was just some absolutely shoddy goaltending.

Reactions: Tripod

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I hate this team. I hate this coaching staff. I hate the player development staff. I hate the GM. I hate the AGM. I hate everything about this organization.

Most of all, I hate not being able to enjoy watching my favorite hockey team.

This is my favorite sport to watch. This season has been terrible. The players are playing like they want to make us hate them and the coaching staff is a bunch of bumbling baboons.

At least the Avalanche are fun to watch! Ugh
I feel 100 % the same. Thx !

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I've only watched the condensed highlights, but they were laughable.

Was that Ghosts worst defensive effort in a game ever?

The second rangers goal where he's stopping a cross crease pass to no one is some of the worst defending I've ever seen. He literally watched the ranger go one on one with Lyon.

Every period he was on the ice for a major goal scoring chance against. The last goal was just some absolutely shoddy goaltending.
He learned it from Haag. Hagg is playing Top4 Minutes and the right way. So Ghost is doing just fine.

That was easy :sarcasm::naughty:

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
The core a problem? Huh? :laugh:

And the real answer here is just that the fanbase hasn't turned on them yet because they're new. They're not doing anything special or making any less mistakes, especially compared to the core.

Sorry my post was meant to be more tongue in cheek than it came out. I was meaning that the players who havent been in AV's system for long are the ones who look good currently. I dont think the players are the problem, but I definitely think the coaching staff is.

Carry on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sorry my post was meant to be more tongue in cheek than it came out. I was meaning that the players who havent been in AV's system for long are the ones who look good currently. I dont think the players are the problem, but I definitely think the coaching staff is.

Carry on.

There is more than enough talent for this team to not be hovering around .500 with a -36 goal differential.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
So Patrick was scratched for a college FA, who played better). How's that draft pick looking.....

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There is more than enough talent for this team to not be hovering around .500 with a -36 goal differential.
What this team is versus what it should be is the issue. If most anyone had this type of difference in performance at their job, they’d be fired. No questions asked and no complaints for it happening.
My fear is that Fletcher will do nothing about this. He’ll make some off season moves, even good ones, but twenty games into next season, the results will still be the same. Then canning a coach in mid season will be required and the replacement pot will be short of candidates and the new guy has to take over on the fly with no training camp. Not ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad