Post-Game Talk: #47 | FLYERS (A) vs. Rangers (H) | Friday, Apr. 23, 2021 | Loss 4-1

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
11242a560e10f877704a3362389a1af3.png

More HDCF than Samhero. Guess who carried qho thud game, huh.

Doesn't matter that I usually use different metrics to measure performance. This is what im using tonight, and I'm right and you're wrong.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I'm not blaming Voracek for the coaches failures. Ive been a proponent of moving on from him for years. He's a good player but this team really hasn't done much in the past decade.
Someone has to ask the 64k question Do you trust the gm to make the right move? There are better ways to spend the 8.25m per year. But there are many many many more ways to spend it worse.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Jake alone being moved would not be enough for a culture shock..G would be(not saying trade him) but it is more than just a few guys..really..time to blow it up..listen on just about everyone and only move the "untouchables " if you get blown away by an offer...this team needs a reset in every area..top to bottom
If you change the coach you won’t need to blow it up.

If you don’t change the coach it won’t matter what the roster looks like.

There’s one solution here and it’s the least likely thing to happen. :) We’re f***ed.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Should we be concerned all these new young players look like they are playing well? It really begs the question of A: is the core really the problem or B:will these young players eventually be coached out of caring...

tune in to next week's episode of Flyers! uh at least we arent the Sabres?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Should we be concerned all these new young players look like they are playing well? It really begs the question of A: is the core really the problem or B:will these young players eventually be coached out of caring...

The longer they spend with this coaching staff, the worse off they'll be.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
TK-Giroux-Voracek was our best line for weeks and then of course they break it up for no reason. Now we have zero center depth and everyone looks worse.

Not a surprise that everyone is struggling to score right now, especially with this dogshit system.
System. What system? Theres no support out there. It’s one step away from pond hockey. Dump and chase with guys who can’t get the puck after it’s been shot into the O zone. Stretch passes that end up in icings when they miss. It’s pathetic. Worse than when Bill Barber was running the show.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

The core a problem? Huh? :laugh:

And the real answer here is just that the fanbase hasn't turned on them yet because they're new. They're not doing anything special or making any less mistakes, especially compared to the core.

Reactions: CerpinTaxt

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I hate this team. I hate this coaching staff. I hate the player development staff. I hate the GM. I hate the AGM. I hate everything about this organization.

Most of all, I hate not being able to enjoy watching my favorite hockey team.

This is my favorite sport to watch. This season has been terrible. The players are playing like they want to make us hate them and the coaching staff is a bunch of bumbling baboons.

At least the Avalanche are fun to watch! Ugh

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
If you change the coach you won’t need to blow it up.

If you don’t change the coach it won’t matter what the roster looks like.

There’s one solution here and it’s the least likely thing to happen. :) We’re f***ed.

imagine being in a perpetual 10 yr retool, THEN deciding to blow it up anyway

hahaaaa... laffing stock of league.

just fold the franchise instead

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Just getting rid of this staff is not enough. I am not in favor of a blow up, but I do think we need to look at shaking up the core a bit. This has nothing to do with the leaders on this team. Make a hockey trade or 2.

That core though, those older guys that are going to be off to the sunset soon. Are the top point getters on the club. This far out of an apparent BS rebuild we were sold on.

Couturier, high mileage and never the most fleet of foot set to become the next Giroux on a mega deal?

The core, as much as they are thrown to the wolves - to me have done their job over the years. Even now. It’s Hextall’s collection of fine secondary fiddles that hasn’t been able to come up close to carrying the torch.

I dont hate the new generation. Not even close. I think coaching is playing a huge role - but there hasn’t come a 1C or 1D out of that rebuild. Nothing even close to a true one. You don’t win with a bunch of above average. Overwhelming depth is a good approach but I don’t see enough here.

It’s a bit out of the box yes.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
9 years of nothing. If you don’t think the culture needs to be changed your crazy. I love giroux but he can’t be captain anymore. This has to be somebody else’s team. We need a captain who makes his teammates afraid to play bad.

this is a team of comfortable check cashers

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
9 years of nothing. If you don’t think the culture needs to be changed your crazy. I love giroux but he can’t be captain anymore. This has to be somebody else’s team. We need a captain who makes his teammates afraid to play bad.

this is a team of comfortable check cashers

Having that exact captain would do nothing to fix the coaching or management, and no amount of fear can make this system work. Would just make the whole thing more toxic.

Captains are wildly overrated. It would be great if the Flyers could forego having one so we can stop blaming the C for things he doesn't control.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Having that exact captain would do nothing to fix the coaching or management, and no amount of fear can make this system work. Would just make the whole thing more toxic.

Captains are wildly overrated. It would be great if the Flyers could forego having one so we can stop blaming the C for things he doesn't control.

Yep. Captain is the least important aspect of what makes a winning team. Just above the equipment manager. Its just a convenient scapegoat because humans always need something/someone to blame when things go wrong and they dont understand why. Ive been the captain of my mens league team for a decade. No matter what I did or said the teams that had weak rosters sucked and the teams with strong rosters had success.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yep. Captain is the least important aspect of what makes a winning team. Just above the equipment manager. Its just a convenient scapegoat because humans always need something/someone to blame when things go wrong and they dont understand why. Ive been the captain of my mens league team for a decade. No matter what I did or said the teams that had weak rosters sucked and the teams with strong rosters had success.

We'd be more likely to get a "Vancouver Messier" situation.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad