42nd Overall - Francesco Pinelli

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The Kings love those guys who fall, and they've been pretty good lately with them. I could see Pinelli becoming another 2nd round success story.

Reactions: YP44 and Fat Elvis

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
The Kings will dress Quick as a forward and put him on Pinelli’s line so he can learn to play the game “the right way”. In other words, he’ll score 3 points in his first 50 games.

Last edited:

respD

Jul 24, 2021
Looks like today is his 19th birthday. So presumably another year in juniors and then to the Reign maybe next spring?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Looks like today is his 19th birthday. So presumably another year in juniors and then to the Reign maybe next spring?
There's also the option of assigning him to the Reign this season once the season ends (whether they miss the playoffs or an early exit).

You are correct, though - next season, it's OHL or NHL for him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Maybe by then we'll have renovated the org, otherwise he's cruising for the 4C spot in Ontario and some good ol boy checking time.

Edit; oh thank goodness one more year away from this cesspool, there is hope

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
With the way this organization develops forwards I have no confidence any of these young prospects are gonna amount to anything until they actually produce with the big club. Crossing my fingers one will just actually bust through.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The golden rule with the Kings is that if you were drafted in the first round, you'll be garbage, and if you were drafted in the second round or later, you'll be a contributing member for the team. I have high hopes for guys like Pinelli and Chromiak.
Indeed. That is why Pinelli is going to win the Jack Adams, Norris, Vezina, and Masterton as a rookie

Reactions: kilowatt

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
That last one was so pretty
I like him, he’s a good player. Decent shooting techniqu, good IQ and character. He’s definitely got a good career ahead of him. He’s probably one of our more valuable trading chips at this point… teams are going to be asking for him in any future deals.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He definitely is a good trade chip, but if his skating shows signs of improving I might trade others and keep him around. He reminds me a lot of Adam Oates. I'm not forecasting a HOF career for the guy but Oates had that uncanny IQ and could find guys on the ice. He's been scoring but I wasn't particularly impressed with his shot from what I saw in the camps and limited games. It's not bad at all, but certainly not top-notch. I was greatly impressed with how he saw the ice though, he was good at finding openings and could thread the needle on passes. There were a few times guys seemed surprised to get the puck from him. When he fills out and can buy himself that extra split-second of time that will only get better.

To me he projects as a prototypical 3rd line winger.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Maybe by then we'll have renovated the org, otherwise he's cruising for the 4C spot in Ontario and some good ol boy checking time.

Edit; oh thank goodness one more year away from this cesspool, there is hope
20160320_Robitaille_Shootout_Pantozzi_2215.jpg

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He definitely is a good trade chip, but if his skating shows signs of improving I might trade others and keep him around. He reminds me a lot of Adam Oates. I'm not forecasting a HOF career for the guy but Oates had that uncanny IQ and could find guys on the ice. He's been scoring but I wasn't particularly impressed with his shot from what I saw in the camps and limited games. It's not bad at all, but certainly not top-notch. I was greatly impressed with how he saw the ice though, he was good at finding openings and could thread the needle on passes. There were a few times guys seemed surprised to get the puck from him. When he fills out and can buy himself that extra split-second of time that will only get better.

Are you sure you are talking about Pinelli? He has at his age, almost as quick of a release as Kempe. His shot release is upper tier in our prospect pool. With more man strength he will continue to improve on the heaviness of his shot. He is not known for vision and IQ. He is no way near what Oates was in and around the net finding seams for passes and connecting on 90% on them. He is more similar to Iafallo in terms of vision, and speed, nothing really high end but enough to get the job done.

I agree with the 3rd line winger projection. Another character player with limited up side that will keep him in the bottom 6.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

That’s it though, we’d prefer to keep him around which means he has value. Teams won’t want the guys we want or need to dump. So if we want a goaltender or a LD we will need to give up a good prospect or two. Given he’s a little way from the NHL and is riding some good form he becomes a piece that may well end up in play. I’m not saying I want to let him go, far from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad