42nd Overall - Francesco Pinelli

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Wasn't too familiar of this pick, but from reading some stuff about him, it sounded like he was a 1st round pick. I wonder why he fell. I hope he develops into a great NHLer for us.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Wasn't too familiar of this pick, but from reading some stuff about him, it sounded like he was a 1st round pick. I wonder why he fell. I hope he develops into a great NHLer for us.

I can't remember which draft show it was, but one of the guys was asked why he thought Pinelli fell out of the first round.

His opinion was because he was a, "soft skill" player.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Was so upset the my Rangers didn't trade up to the 2nd to grab Pinelli when he fell. What a steal. Not sure he will ever be a top line center. but a middle 6 center is absolutely in the cards. Great pick.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I can't remember which draft show it was, but one of the guys was asked why he thought Pinelli fell out of the first round.

His opinion was because he was a, "soft skill" player.
Yeah, the popular thought was that he wasn't a line driver and that while it was suspected he could do a lot of things well he couldn't prove it do to the lack of exposure during the pandemic. Pinelli is very much part of the general uncertainty of the 2021 draft, hopefully the Kings benefit because on paper they absolutely nailed it with their choices.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Yeah, the popular thought was that he wasn't a line driver and that while it was suspected he could do a lot of things well he couldn't prove it do to the lack of exposure during the pandemic. Pinelli is very much part of the general uncertainty of the 2021 draft, hopefully the Kings benefit because on paper they absolutely nailed it with their choices.

I took it along the lines of maybe compete issues and perimeter play. Being named C is a good sign along with his really strong play so far.

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
With the exception of Clarke, we traded up for everyone in that draft

This is the draft they were all stoked about, too, so woohoo

It's "just" Clarke, Pinelli, Helenius, and Kirsanov, but rather that than some fluff. That could be a franchise depth definer there, especially if you're digging up Saad, Hanzal, Zub clones.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This is the draft they were all stoked about, too, so woohoo

It's "just" Clarke, Pinelli, Helenius, and Kirsanov, but rather that than some fluff. That could be a franchise depth definer there, especially if you're digging up Saad, Hanzal, Zub clones.
Yeah my hope is that because they really zero’d in on these guys they will have a really good shot at making it. They seem really high on all four.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad