42nd Overall - Francesco Pinelli

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
wow, he looks so good. created so many chances by himself. This kid is moving closer into untouchable status for me. Especially as a backup scenario to Turc.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
This 3rd "wave" of prospects is making me hopeful in case other kids fail. Pinelli, Clark and Chromiak all looking good right now. The 22+ year olds like Turk, Madden and at some healthy point, Thomas need to show something in the NHL soon. Going to be more pressure on them to earn a spot when waiver eligibility is over.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This 3rd "wave" of prospects is making me hopeful in case other kids fail. Pinelli, Clark and Chromiak all looking good right now. The 22+ year olds like Turk, Madden and at some healthy point, Thomas need to show something in the NHL soon. Going to be more pressure on them to earn a spot when waiver eligibility is over.
They’ll require waivers in about eight months, so they better progress quickly. Don’t see who they’ll push out of the lineup either.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
One thing I do like about his game is his slapshot.

The best goal scorers in the NHL have a slapper and many junior players don’t have one.

True. So many players do not use a slapshot and many cannot 1 time shots.
I like that Pinelli has 2 or 3 fighting majors and 1 was an instigator.
Probably standing up for a teammate? Has a 5 min major in playoffs too. The Kings need regular shift players that will throw down.

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I am a Kitchener Rangers season ticket holder and have watched Pinelli many times.

He just got a three game suspension for a blindside hit of a guy jumping on to the ice from the bench. It was dirty but not too terrible. Problem was it was his third suspension this year so the OHL came down hard on him.

He doesn’t play a very physical game but he definitely has attitude. Maybe he crosses the line a few times but I’d rather have a player who crosses the line occasionally as opposed to a passive and non aggressive player. Also with him having a few fights there is a rule in the OHL that you can only have three fights per season. If someone gets an instigator penalty on a fight then the non instigator doesn’t have that fight count towards their three. Pinelli could have more fights if this rule wasn’t in place. You get a one game suspension for every fight after your three you are allowed.

Kitchener has been a really funny team this year. Going into the season they were slotted as one of the favourites in the league. The team got a new coach who had pretty much no coaching experience or even playing experienced. The team was a gong show. They played with no structure and it was a bunch of individuals playing together. Three quarters of the way through the season they fired their coach and their GM stepped behind the bench. After that the team played better but was still noting special. On paper they have a great team though.

Playoffs start and Pinelli has 5 points through the first 2 games. Then he got his match penalty three minutes into game 3.

There has been one consistent thing this year and it was Pinelli. He was far and away their best player. He averaged 1.50 ppg this season. He was a man on a mission and carried the team. He led the league in short handed goals as well. You have a real keeper here. Plus he is also great at the face off dot as well.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I am a Kitchener Rangers season ticket holder and have watched Pinelli many times.

He just got a three game suspension for a blindside hit of a guy jumping on to the ice from the bench. It was dirty but not too terrible. Problem was it was his third suspension this year so the OHL came down hard on him.

He doesn’t play a very physical game but he definitely has attitude. Maybe he crosses the line a few times but I’d rather have a player who crosses the line occasionally as opposed to a passive and non aggressive player. Also with him having a few fights there is a rule in the OHL that you can only have three fights per season. If someone gets an instigator penalty on a fight then the non instigator doesn’t have that fight count towards their three. Pinelli could have more fights if this rule wasn’t in place. You get a one game suspension for every fight after your three you are allowed.

Kitchener has been a really funny team this year. Going into the season they were slotted as one of the favourites in the league. The team got a new coach who had pretty much no coaching experience or even playing experienced. The team was a gong show. They played with no structure and it was a bunch of individuals playing together. Three quarters of the way through the season they fired their coach and their GM stepped behind the bench. After that the team played better but was still noting special. On paper they have a great team though.

Playoffs start and Pinelli has 5 points through the first 2 games. Then he got his match penalty three minutes into game 3.

There has been one consistent thing this year and it was Pinelli. He was far and away their best player. He averaged 1.50 ppg this season. He was a man on a mission and carried the team. He led the league in short handed goals as well. You have a real keeper here. Plus he is also great at the face off dot as well.
Is he is an over or under guy with toilet paper?

Toilet_paper_orientation_over-under.jpg

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

The bolded basically describes 95% (maybe more) of the LA Kings right now. So it's great to hear some of this. Hopefully a mindset change is coming soon with some future new blood.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Just giving you guys another update on Pinelli.

He returned from his three game suspension last night and looked incredible. He now has 4 goals and 3 assists in his 4 games played. One of this games was when he was suspended and he picked that up three minutes into the game. So essentially he has 7 points in 3 games. 3 of those 4 goals have been shorthanded goals as well. He also started the game yesterday with a really big hit a few minutes in setting the tone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad