42nd Overall - Francesco Pinelli

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Great pick. Absolute steal where Kings got him. I am extraordinarily upset knowing he was still available at this point in round 2, that my Rangers couldn't find a way to nab him. It would have made me feel way happier about the Othmann pick in the 1st Round. Ugh. Such a downer.

But great for Kings fans. Good luck. You guys got another great young C on your hands. What will the Kings do with all these terrific C prospects?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Pinelli was a good pick and he adds to the over abundance the Kings have at Centre in LA,Ontario and the draft pool! One thing though can people that are interviewing come up with something more to ask of Pinelli or other prospects than asking about Brandt Clarke! God that has to make the kid feel welcome you think or a reflection of the Non-hockey people we have at the controls...F..k!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Great pick. Absolute steal where Kings got him. I am extraordinarily upset knowing he was still available at this point in round 2, that my Rangers couldn't find a way to nab him. It would have made me feel way happier about the Othmann pick in the 1st Round. Ugh. Such a downer.

But great for Kings fans. Good luck. You guys got another great young C on your hands. What will the Kings do with all these terrific C prospects?
You didn't like the Othmann pick? Well you can trade him to LA for a second rounder in a few years time when the organization has written him off ala Lias Andersson? By the way thanks for the kid he's going to be good for the Kings

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

Develop them to their full potential with any Luck

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
You didn't like the Othmann pick? Well you can trade him to LA for a second rounder in a few years time when the organization has written him off ala Lias Andersson? By the way thanks for the kid he's going to be good for the Kings

I didn't like the Othmann pick with Lucius and Bolduc still on the board. And maybe Lysell, even though Othmann has more grit. I would have taken Lucius there and I am upset Drury didn't. But finding a way to get Pinelli or Raty in the 2nd round would have made me more comfortable with it since we would still be getting a high ceiling center in our prospect pool. It was a weird day for Ranger fans. Traded Buch for Blais and a 2nd rounder, then drafted Othmann with Lucius and even Bolduc on the board. Has a lot of Ranger fans feeling skeptical of this kind of asset management. Not that the move and pick brought in terrible additions. Just didn't seem to be the best use of the Buch trade chip nor the 16 the round pick. But then, I think this pick might have been for the extended future, when Panarin's contract is up in 2026 and we have to pay all our potential, hopeful, future stars. We are just so weak at center, all the way through the organization. Have some hope in Chytil still. And Ziban obviously. I guess we will see. Wouldn't mind trading like Robertson or Tuomanen and maybe someone like Henricksson for one of the Kings moderately high end centers. Obviously not Byfield or Turcotte, maybe not even Vilardi. But Kupari, JAD or Pinelli wouldn't be so bad. I would rather see us groom a top future C than spending a ton of future assets on someone like Eichel who would also eat up tons of cap space. Even though I don't think Eichel is coming to the Rangers any time soon either.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I didn't like the Othmann pick with Lucius and Bolduc still on the board. And maybe Lysell, even though Othmann has more grit. I would have taken Lucius there and I am upset Drury didn't. But finding a way to get Pinelli or Raty in the 2nd round would have made me more comfortable with it since we would still be getting a high ceiling center in our prospect pool. It was a weird day for Ranger fans. Traded Buch for Blais and a 2nd rounder, then drafted Othmann with Lucius and even Bolduc on the board. Has a lot of Ranger fans feeling skeptical of this kind of asset management. Not that the move and pick brought in terrible additions. Just didn't seem to be the best use of the Buch trade chip nor the 16 the round pick. But then, I think this pick might have been for the extended future, when Panarin's contract is up in 2026 and we have to pay all our potential, hopeful, future stars. We are just so weak at center, all the way through the organization. Have some hope in Chytil still. And Ziban obviously. I guess we will see. Wouldn't mind trading like Robertson or Tuomanen and maybe someone like Henricksson for one of the Kings moderately high end centers. Obviously not Byfield or Turcotte, maybe not even Vilardi. But Kupari, JAD or Pinelli wouldn't be so bad. I would rather see us groom a top future C than spending a ton of future assets on someone like Eichel who would also eat up tons of cap space. Even though I don't think Eichel is coming to the Rangers any time soon either.

Your Robertson, Tuomanen and Henricksson will not give NY Kupari, JAD or Pinelli.
Other NY fans on main board already was proposing something like that.
It will not work.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Your Robertson, Tuomanen and Henricksson will not give NY Kupari, JAD or Pinelli.
It will not work.
So the KIngs got a top 2-4 D-man in Brandt Clarke then in the 2nd round got a first round talent in Francesco Pinelli! Great job! Then in the later part of the 2nd,Mark Yannetti got the player a lot of teams wanted to draft to develop(especially in the West) into the Byfield nullifying machine in Samuel Helenius! Lastly the Kings got themselves an almost NHL ready Shut-Down type LD-man in Kirill Kirsanov! I never like to see the Kings trade draft choices but sometimes the "method" outweighs the "madness"!!!Great job Yannetti and Kings scouts throughout the Globe(you too Christian Ruuttu)!!!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Nicolas
@BrosnanSports

Replying to
@LAKings and
@socalgas
As a Kitchener Rangers fan, let me tell you, you guys got an absolute steal here.
11:15 AM · Jul 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
In a year or two the LA Kings plan on icing two squads LA Kings 1 and Los Angeles Kings 2! NHL teams will have to pick their poison! When I saw LA took Pinelli I thought...another centre but then thought the kid can play the Wing too and is a pretty good and talented/skilled player! Will be fun to watch his development! Go Pinelli Go!

Reactions: kinghock

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
It will not work.

Robertson going to be pretty damn good. Maybe something better than Henrickson, but Robertson alone is worth a fair amount. I mean, this is all hypothetical anyway. So there's no way of quite knowing how they value other teams prospects. It's not like Kupari, Pnelli or JAD are worth Lundqvist, Kravtsov or Kakko.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Robertson going to be pretty damn good. Maybe something better than Henrickson, but Robertson alone is worth a fair amount. I mean, this is all hypothetical anyway. So there's no way of quite knowing how they value other teams prospects. It's not like Kupari, Pnelli or JAD are worth Lundqvist, Kravtsov or Kakko.

1. We have different opinion regarding value of Kupari, PInelli or JAD.
2. Kings will not do trades for something which is not needed. Prospects you are offering are not needed by Kings.

Reactions: andys

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
From the Yanetti interview it sounded like they plan to put him on the wing , makes sense with the prospects they already have at C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad