Post-Game Talk: #42 | FLYERS (A) vs. Capitals (H) | Tuesday, Apr. 13, 2021 | Another loss

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
Stop with the goaltending BS.... Elliott was crap tonight it was clear (thats what bad goaltending looks like). He started well this year but has been getting worse (I hate him as the backup btw)... granted (but he hasn't clearly lost many games for this team like tonight especially in Feb/March). Goalies were to blame only in the sense that they weren't able to steal some games (but with the quality of chances not sure how)

Regarding Hart, anyone that can show me a game that Hart played horribly besides the Lake Tahoe game where he let in a ton of soft calls ....I would love to see it.. complete BS. Our defence Gus, Myers,Sanheim , Ghost and Provy have been a disaster this year in their own end and on the PK . Sad when Braun is your best d.... a player thats no better than a 6th dman anymore.

BTW its not just about the D the forwards have not been helping at all leaving players wide open in the slot all season. Coach also needs their blame in this disaster but to just blame it on the goalies is BS. Doesn't pass the eye test no matter what stats you want to throw out!!!!!!!!!!!
Hart played quite a few bad games in March. Don't be blinded by favoritism.

Reactions: x DeCruze

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
What wrong players are we scared to be traded ?

Ghost Myers are the only 2 that come to mind for me.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I said it before and Ill say it again, when both goalies numbers are as out of wack as Hart's and Elliott's it isn't really saying much about the goaltending anymore. Could Hart be better this year, yes definitely. But how many games would have ended differently if the Flyers switched Hart for their opponents goalie? I honestly don't think that number is very high.

Advanced stats that saying he’s playing below replacement level would suggest oftentimes it would matter. He’s not just bad, he’s like .030 below the worst starters in the league.

Like I said though, he’s not the problem or the only problem, but he has been bad. Goaltending always has a direct relationship with awful teams. Rarely are bad teams getting good to great goaltending.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Yup. Like how the authentic fans defended the Laughton contract, which we know know is both longer and more expensive than it was going to be because Fletcher increased both. He literally fought to make the contract worse.

We’re 100% f***ed.

Fletcher added more years and a higher AAV than what Laughton’s team was asking for? Sweet doormat/power bottom move by ole Chuckles.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fletcher added more years and a higher AAV than what Laughton’s team was asking for? Sweet doormat/power bottom move by ole Chuckles.

If this is correct, than yep. Chuck "Benning" Fletcher wanted more years and gave him more $$$ to get it done. It was originally going to be cheaper and shorter.

If this has already been posted, my apologies. I'm not wading through this many pages.

From 31 Thoughts (31 Thoughts: Why Taylor Hall may be more than a rental for Bruins)

11. Tanner Pearson happily secured his future, saying Monday, “This is what I wanted from the get-go, I made that clear.” His three-year, $3.25-million deal with the Canucks certainly affected the market. Los Angeles and Philadelphia completed important business with Alex Iafallo and Scott Laughton, respectively, and things altered in both negotiations in the aftermath of Pearson’s contract. The Kings conceded on term (they initially didn’t want to go four years), and the Flyers on salary (they were below $3 million per year).

If this is correct, term was not a give for a low AAV. The Flyers were fine with 5 years but had to increase the money to make the deal happen.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
7 times in 42 games they have lost by 5 or more.

Fletcher’s only “ addition” to the team was to bring in a guy they basically had to pay Montreal take Guss off their hands with a 7th rounder that isn’t even in this draft.

Whatever issues lie with individual players, the head of the snake needs to be shot off.

Nate Prosser on a team that was supposed to compete for a cup.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Fletcher’s only “ addition” to the team was to bring in a guy they basically had to pay Montreal take Guss off their hands with a 7th rounder that isn’t even in this draft.

Whatever issues lie with individual players, the head of the snake needs to be shot off.

It was a terrible hire from the get-go. Just terrible. Blatantly terrible hire. None of what is happening should come as a surprise to anyone, nor should what is coming. They handed the keys to the kingdom to a saltine cracker.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
The loss bothered me, but it was expected. The reason I do not give a flying duck about this team is their complete indifference to what's happening. They have no emotional investment in the games, then why should I? There is no anger, no chirping, no competing during the games. The way they have rolled over made me give up on this team. Shame on them for turning most passionate fan base into people that do not care anymore.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It was a terrible hire from the get-go. Just terrible. Blatantly terrible hire. None of what is happening should come as a surprise to anyone, nor should what is coming. They handed the keys to the kingdom to a saltine cracker.

Thats an insult to saltine crackers, that I used to buy many years ago as a cheap snack when i first moved out. :laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The loss bothered me, but it was expected. The reason I do not give a flying duck about this team is their complete indifference to what's happening. They have no emotional investment in the games, then why should I? There is no anger, no chirping, no competing during the games. The way they have rolled over made me give up on this team. Shame on them for turning most passionate fan base into people that do not care anymore.

Worst it has ever been for me as a fan, and this is the year when they had everyone's attention due to the pandemic.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I think this is especially apparent to those of us who have a larger frame of reference with this team and have been watching for a very long time. It's easy to say "Well, the game has changed, the times have changed" - but we aren't idiots. We see that, we know that. There isn't the same thuggery all over the place that there used to be, so there aren't the opportunities to go apeshit on someone to "fire up" a stagnant team. And for the most part, that's for the best.

But other teams are finding ways, reacting to things with spirit in different ways. We aren't. It couldn't be more obvious. There's no way to know whether the players care or not, so I think that complaint is completely facile (though I do understand why people say it in the heat of the GDT). And I couldn't care less about assigning blame - any one of us would be beaten down by the dreck and nonsense these guys have had to endure the past six years. I just don't think this group, as constituted, can rebound from that. I don't think there's any chance of it.

Unfortunately, I also don't think this milquetoast ass clown in charge of fixing it is in any way capable of doing so. I'm extremely confident that he's not.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You should be more respectful when discussing our replacements for Niskanen and Ghost

Can't wait to see what washed up slopshow crony Charles shoehorns into the team this year.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

Absolutely love killing the head of the snake.....however there is more than one snake that needs to be decapitated. Head Snake would be first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad