Post-Game Talk: #42 | FLYERS (A) vs. Capitals (H) | Tuesday, Apr. 13, 2021 | Another loss

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
on the flip side, if you were say Giroux..

wouldnt you be basicly done with this Org. after all the time put in to just constantly get wrong hire after wrong hire..

not to mention see x-Flyers leave and enjoy sucess immediately upon another team.

Since G's rookie year in 2008-2009, seven different teams have won the Cup. 24 others have not.

The Flyers have paid him $72 million dollars to play hockey.

It is really difficult to win a Cup, period.

The organization absolutely could have taken several different paths, and maybe there's a Cup or two in there. Or maybe not. Maybe they end up worse than they have.

I can understand being "done" with an organization if they treated you poorly or didn't even try - but that is absolutely not the case here. They just haven't been able to find the right combination of things, and have been unlucky with some of their major drafting opportunities. But it's not because they don't care or don't want to win.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The names they were supposedly in on (Carter and Goligoski) are terrifying.
This is an incorrect reading of the article.

1. The article says the Flyers considered Goligoski, “but decided it didn’t make sense.” Deciding against something isn’t being “in on” it.

2. The article clearly says that the Flyers’ interest in Carter was sometime in the last two seasons. (One would assume last season when they were playoff bound, in which case he’d have been a fine addition if he didn’t decide to stay in LA.)

Reactions: LorneMalvo

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
We are currently on pace for more 5+ goal losses than that team. Only behind by 1 right now.

That's pretty disturbing.

In a season where the team was expected to take the next step forward, they've instead regressed to bottom half of the league. When all is said and done, I believe they will be bottom third.

This is the most significant off-season in as long as I can remember.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
We are currently on pace for more 5+ goal losses than that team. Only behind by 1 right now.
We've seen some ugly losses this year, but technically this team is still above .500. They're not even close to as bad as the 2006/07 team.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's pretty disturbing.

In a season where the team was expected to take the next step forward, they've instead regressed to bottom half of the league. When all is said and done, I believe they will be bottom third.

This is the most significant off-season in as long as I can remember.

This team was called a CONTENDER heading into the season.

Instead we are trending towards being a bottom 5 team with the worst defense and goaltending in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: bennysflyers16

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Great article on how much of an embarrassment this organization is through and through

A No-Show Performance on Ice: Thoughts on Another Flyers Debacle - Crossing Broad

Playoffs? How about dropping the P? Because after that kind of performance there are players who have run out of equity in this organization and no longer deserve to be here. Yes, layoffs are in order, and they’ll be coming… soon.

And while changes in personnel are nothing new on the other side of the organization, one has to wonder how so many people from one franchise can be so damn clueless and continue to make themselves look incompetent time and again.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Chris Therien
1h ·
I've covered some rough Flyers seasons and even been a player involved in a couple of horrible playoff losses, Buffalo 8-0 comes to mind, but what I am seeing this year now as a fan and not a player or a broadcaster has made me sick on most nights. The lack of competitiveness by this group on a nightly basis has been breathtaking. Losing is one thing but not competing and giving 110% effort is unacceptable. And the numbers that surround this team suggest just that!

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Chris Therien
1h ·
I've covered some rough Flyers seasons and even been a player involved in a couple of horrible playoff losses, Buffalo 8-0 comes to mind, but what I am seeing this year now as a fan and not a player or a broadcaster has made me sick on most nights. The lack of competitiveness by this group on a nightly basis has been breathtaking. Losing is one thing but not competing and giving 110% effort is unacceptable. And the numbers that surround this team suggest just that!

lol, now that hes not employeed by the team he can write a zinger like that..

but if he were still on the broadcast team 100% that article NEVER happens

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
That
Elliott could of been a hellava lot better, but you cannot leave guys like Backstrom all alone. No one was within 5 feet of him. It’s such a passive PK. It is easy to run a PP against this team. It was a collective fail in our own zone last night
goal is the one I really don’t blame on him. Provy should have gone towards the puck.

Brett K

Mar 18, 2021
Instead of continually blaming their defense, they really need to point to goaltending. Neil Greenberg had a great article on the Flyers goaltending. For example, when the Flyers gave up 9 to the Rangers, they should have only given up 2 or 3. This was based on the quality of the shots. He hit the nail on the head which most people seem to be missing for some reason.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Instead of continually blaming their defense, they really need to point to goaltending. Neil Greenberg had a great article on the Flyers goaltending. For example, when the Flyers gave up 9 to the Rangers, they should have only given up 2 or 3. This was based on the quality of the shots. He hit the nail on the head which most people seem to be missing for some reason.

It's bizarre. Other teams routinely don't let up goals on routine defensive lapses that happen to everyone. And at the same time, defensive coverage is also bad on its own too.

It's a really stupid situation.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Blaming effort :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yeah, if the skaters cared more Elliott wouldn't have had one of the worst goalie performances we've seen over the past decade. If Giroux was a better leader, Elliott wouldn't have left the net and then tried to crabwalk back instead of sliding.

Love the logic here.

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
AV last press conference preview:

upload_2021-4-14_15-42-5.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad