Post-Game Talk: #42 | FLYERS (A) vs. Capitals (H) | Tuesday, Apr. 13, 2021 | Another loss

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
So I just rewatch the first four goals. Not sure how Elliot can blame the pk. First was a huge over commit on him and slow recover. Caught out of position. Second was pp rush where Wilson threw it at the net and Elliot made a perfect deflection with his blocker to roof the puck. Literally announcer said that was a leaky goal. Third on pk. Cross ice pass to the capital back hand provy stays at post and pushes player out of lane Doesn’t go towards puck. Capital has time to move the puck from backhand to forehand and settle the puck then shoot at open net. Before Elliot can go post to post. In fairness he was overcommitted for an ovey one timer. The forth was another leaky goal. Not sure if five hole but Elliot definitely got a piece of it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
If this is correct, than yep. Chuck "Benning" Fletcher wanted more years and gave him more $$$ to get it done. It was originally going to be cheaper and shorter.

What the flippity f***? Sounded like he had all the leverage and just...decided to bend over?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Honestly, does anyone at all (except deadhead) expect Chuck to do anything even remotely close to good this summer?

I think his job depends on it.

So either way, we win. He either does something good, or the Fletch era comes to an end.

Whatever you may think of Scott, I can't imagine he would tolerate another year like this one.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This is the worst Flyers goaltending I’ve ever seen. Ever. Even worse than Esche/Nittymaki when they had the worst record in the league, & they were heinous that year.

The D is bad. Sanheim & Myers have been massive disappointments.

But their problems this season start with netminding. The team somehow is 11-6-1 with Elliott in net, & he’s been bad. That tells you right there the team would be in the playoffs with even average goaltending.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Absolutely love killing the head of the snake.....however there is more than one snake that needs to be decapitated. Head Snake would be first.

2110890505_a34d33d0b4_o.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think his job depends on it.

So either way, we win. He either does something good, or the Fletch era comes to an end.

Whatever you may think of Scott, I can't imagine he would tolerate another year like this one.

Chuck gets to fire a coach first, he has a few years left yet.

Could also be why he is putting off firing AV as that mistake is 100% on him.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Chuck gets to fire a coach first, he has a few years left yet.

Could also be why he is putting off firing AV as that mistake is 100% on him.
I don't think AV gets fired this summer. He bought some goodwill last season. He was a coach of the year candidate after all.

One good season, one bad season. Next season will decide his fate.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They’re going to trade the wrong players, for shit returns, and they’ll try to pass it off as slick moves. The authentic fans will eat it up because “any and all change is good.” I haven’t felt this dejected to be a Flyers fan...maybe ever. It really sucks.

Konecny is going to Calgary in a Gaudreau deal. That's a mortal lock.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
The loss bothered me, but it was expected. The reason I do not give a flying duck about this team is their complete indifference to what's happening. They have no emotional investment in the games, then why should I? There is no anger, no chirping, no competing during the games. The way they have rolled over made me give up on this team. Shame on them for turning most passionate fan base into people that do not care anymore.

Then one has to ask themselves, does management, ownership, not notice this too? If not, scary. If so, then thanks everyone at Comcast for confirming business over fans and fun. Oh wait, never mind, we have Gritty now.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Holy crap, didn't realize the Flyers have allowed the second most goals this season.

Only Ottawa is a bigger sieve. Seven more goals allowed than the Flyers.

We should pass them by the weekend.
Funny thing is, we actually had a positive goal differential until mid March and those infamous Rangers games.

Flyers and Rangers basically switched goal differentials since then.

Reactions: flyersnorth

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The loss bothered me, but it was expected. The reason I do not give a flying duck about this team is their complete indifference to what's happening. They have no emotional investment in the games, then why should I? There is no anger, no chirping, no competing during the games. The way they have rolled over made me give up on this team. Shame on them for turning most passionate fan base into people that do not care anymore.

on the flip side, if you were say Giroux..

wouldnt you be basicly done with this Org. after all the time put in to just constantly get wrong hire after wrong hire..

not to mention see x-Flyers leave and enjoy sucess immediately upon another team.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
on the flip side, if you were say Giroux..

wouldnt you be basicly done with this Org. after all the time put in to just constantly get wrong hire after wrong hire..

not to mention see x-Flyers leave and enjoy sucess immediately upon another team.
There is a long and a short here.
Short- If I were Roo, and was not happy with the organization, I would have waived my NMC and requested a trade.
Long- Roo is just one of the players on the ice, not the entire team. He also is the captain of the team, and it's his responsibility to be engaged and engage others. And a bit rudely- he is a highly paid employee that has customers expecting him to perform according to his status. I do not care if my lawn maintenance guy is unhappy with his company as long as my lawn looks good. My customers do not care about my relationship with my management as long as I consistently deliver what I said I would deliver. And frankly, if I don't -I do not have a guaranteed comfortable contract protection of my job. So, no, I do not appreciate team's and his indifference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crescent Street

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Name one positive thing that this team does well. There are many outstanding flaws-slow, lack of physical play, poor shooters, don't know how to back check, leaves wide open gaps in center ice, etc..
The first thing that a coach does when planning their team for a season or a game is to figure out how to hide the flaws and accentuate the positives. Laviolette is doing this with the Caps. His defense is weak so he plays an up tempo offensive driven game.
AV does jack ****. He lets the flow of the game to exploit the team's weaknesses. Once the opponent exploits them, the rout is on. When a team is in trouble, they look to their coach for a life jacket. AV throws them a brick; usually at their heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crescent Street

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So I just rewatch the first four goals. Not sure how Elliot can blame the pk. First was a huge over commit on him and slow recover. Caught out of position. Second was pp rush where Wilson threw it at the net and Elliot made a perfect deflection with his blocker to roof the puck. Literally announcer said that was a leaky goal. Third on pk. Cross ice pass to the capital back hand provy stays at post and pushes player out of lane Doesn’t go towards puck. Capital has time to move the puck from backhand to forehand and settle the puck then shoot at open net. Before Elliot can go post to post. In fairness he was overcommitted for an ovey one timer. The forth was another leaky goal. Not sure if five hole but Elliot definitely got a piece of it.

Elliott could of been a hellava lot better, but you cannot leave guys like Backstrom all alone. No one was within 5 feet of him. It’s such a passive PK. It is easy to run a PP against this team. It was a collective fail in our own zone last night

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Backstrom had a bad angle and Elliott took forever to get over there, if he's is in position that's a low percentage shot.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->