Post-Game Talk: #40: Hurricanes at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
i am not old enough for the cups but had prism growing up. watching the flyers was watching dominance, it was a great era. any other era but they had to play during the oilers peak…

the other two eras tat stand out are obvious legion of doom and primeau. I’ve never seen anything like primeau 2.0. that wrap around goal in the playoffs against toronto (?) i forget… i was just jaw dropping. also the richards carter gagne briere era was sick sick sick. i forget where brindamour fits in there but he was dope. ultimate warrior sans the makeup. man do we really suck now. how in the hell does giroux not demand to have a pure shooter on his wing/line. how does this team not have any real pure shooters. everyone thinks they are a freaking playmaker dancing around like figure skaters. all of them. or else they do some decent possession crap but then cough it up. this team is truly terrible right now

Well, if you've been watching the Flyers this long you have to know by now that it's not in the organizational philosophy to draft pure shooters. They also don't trade for them, unless it's accidentally like John LeClair. And usually if they come up with someone who turns out to be a goal scorer, they trade him.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I have to say I am flabbergasted at this team...there is far to much talent to be this bad...however on a positive, it isn't a bad year to be bad...we could land a stud in this years Draft.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Well, if you've been watching the Flyers this long you have to know by now that it's not in the organizational philosophy to draft pure shooters. They also don't trade for them, unless it's accidentally like John LeClair. And usually if they come up with someone who turns out to be a goal scorer, they trade him.
they have had their share of snipers/goal scorers. it's just been so long since they have had one, people forget the ones we have had.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
id have to think about that. I think of Tochett, Carter, Briere, Gagne, Roenick, Kerr. This current team has nothing.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
He said he expected us to take a step, but he said it wasn't "go-time" yet. There's gray in there, but it's clear he was saying the team wasn't ready to compete seriously. My statement stands true.

Then why even bother commenting if you have no dog in the fight?

News flash we are tied for dead last. I'm pretty that's a shade of black not grey. Or do we have to be clearly in last for it to not be considered a grey area?

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
MvUd2Vd.jpg
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
It's been said many times by many people but this season was set up for failure by keeping Hakstol aboard. This team is playing way below it's talent base even with it's shortcomings. I do believe Simmonds and futures for Hamilton and a competent replacement for Hakstol & Laperriere would have the Flyers in the thick of it despite other issues.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Remember when Hart played his first game and everything was good for a moment? Good times.

Eh, you were reeeeeally fooling yourselves if you thought things were good then. Calling up Hart was a bad idea from the get-go and Gordon has never been a very good coach. Knob and Lappy were never fired. Should’ve just been thing f*** this team really.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I have to say I am flabbergasted at this team...there is far to much talent to be this bad...however on a positive, it isn't a bad year to be bad...we could land a stud in this years Draft.

In the two times they’ve drafted that high in my lifetime they lost the lottery to get JVR instead of Kane, who later scored the Cup clinching goal against us. Then they won the lottery to draft Patrick second overall who, and no offense to Patrick, is looking like one of the weaker top two picks from one of the weaker top twos in my modern era memory.

What I’m saying is I’m sure the universe will find a way to screw me/us over. In the end it doesn’t even matter.

Reactions: Pantokrator

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I feel for you guys that watch entire games still. But damn you've got to be approaching masochist levels now....

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Eh, you were reeeeeally fooling yourselves if you thought things were good then. Calling up Hart was a bad idea from the get-go and Gordon has never been a very good coach. Knob and Lappy were never fired. Should’ve just been thing **** this team really.
”For a moment” was important part of my post. It was the only time I was happy to be a Flyers fan this season.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Macleish, I believe, was the best absolute pure scorer. His shots were mostly/virtually all snap/wrist shots. Few were of the rebound type or slap-shots. Did you ever see the size of those wrists of his? I am still wondering if Macleish was in for the SCF in '76 whether the Flyers could at least won a game or two.......in fact,the '76 SCF is/was a microcosm of our team now......TB Lightning and Montreal of 76 in some ways are very similar except TB does not have Larry Robinson nor Guy LaFleur..........

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Yeah, I'd say the 1885-1987 team is the greatest Flyers period that I remember. I only remember the Flyers winning the Stanley Cup because we rode home from my Grandparents' house in Springfield and everyone was honking and were waving their arms out the window. I remember the 35 game unbeaten streak. But that 85 team with all those young guys like Tocchet, Zezel, even Derrick Smith, the Sutters - man, they had energy. They were so fun to watch.

I started following during the 85-89 era.

I thought that;s how it was always going to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad