Post-Game Talk: #40: Hurricanes at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I have to say I am flabbergasted at this team...there is far to much talent to be this bad...however on a positive, it isn't a bad year to be bad...we could land a stud in this years Draft.

Agreed.

There's a lot to be said about the attitude in the locker room. They are so demoralized right now, it's crazy. Not many teams go thru a GM change in the middle of the year. They're all on eggshells, wondering a trade is going to be made, or if their position within the club will change. You can feel it.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So the (hypothetical) idea is: I have had a laptop for 5 years. In those 5 years, the HDD died 3 times, RAM died twice, the display blew up twice, the DVD drive died 3 times, the touchpad had to be replaced 7 times, only the CPU kept working smoothly for those 5 years. The laptop was shit and I know there is only one part that kept working. The most logical step therefore is..........

Benching G.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
some may not agree with big e but there is some truth in what he says. simmonds is the most recognizable of the veterans in this reguard. hextall made a big mistake not trading him this past summer and trying to lowball him in his attempt to resign him. then he sees jvr get money and term that he thinks he deserves,and says screw this. you can see he only plays really hard when he gets mad. voracek has always been a try really hard player when he wants too. despite the numbers some players don't fit on winning teams and don't help others play better. this team reminds me alot of buffalo until they traded ror and a few other players,lots of tallent but a really bad team,even though some players had good numbers.

Reactions: Ruck Over

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I wonder if that ****ty commercial will finally be off the air when they trade him.
Yeah...but I have to contend with “my wife: the remote controller “ as soon as a commercial or between periods comes she is off to races, pushing buttons faster than I can blink. If I say “I will go watch down stairs”, she will retort “but don’t you want to spend quality time with me”? Hen pecked and depressed at the same time. Great combo.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't even know where to start with this team. I've been following the Flyers since the early 70s pre Cup years and this is, without a doubt, the most pathetic and heartless bunch I've ever had the displeasure to witness. They need to make some major changes between now and the start of the 19-20 season, this team needs a heart transplant.

Welcome to HFBoards, old chum, the land of refuge.

Walk this way. This way.

8f1884b3a2c361bc2d0988c92207b8c0.gif

I think you'll be more comfortable in the rear.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Macleish, I believe, was the best absolute pure scorer. His shots were mostly/virtually all snap/wrist shots. Few were of the rebound type or slap-shots. Did you ever see the size of those wrists of his? I am still wondering if Macleish was in for the SCF in '76 whether the Flyers could at least won a game or two.......in fact,the '76 SCF is/was a microcosm of our team now......TB Lightning and Montreal of 76 in some ways are very similar except TB does not have Larry Robinson nor Guy LaFleur..........

I think I’ve told this story before but if so it’s been a while, so... back in the day I used to play in these open hockey pick up games they had around lunch time at the U Penn rink. After our little game the Flyers had practice so we could hang around until they kicked us out. I remember watching MacLeish stand at one blue line and just snap shots over the glass at the other end. Kind of took the wind out of my sails to be honest.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
JVR is the biggest culprit, but Voracek disappears way too often for my liking and pretty much never back checks. There is just no sense of urgency with most of this team. They come out at the start of games playing with the intensity level you normally see during preseason. Sure, once they're down a few and the other team eases off the gas, they start to push back, but usually it's way too late. The lack of intensity shown at the start of games by this team is just flat out sad.
Well said.

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad