Post-Game Talk: #40: Hurricanes at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One game shouldn’t cause these kinds of arguments. Nothing changed. The year is sunk. That doesn’t mean the next 10 years are.

That’s not to say I blame anyone for declining to watch this dreck. I skipped out in the second myself.
What's amazing is that, as bad as things are, people still find a way to overreact.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
2jh2uNB.png

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
watching simmonds in the post game interview, he has his bag packed and looks like he checked out of this fleabag motel team.

Reactions: Rebels57

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
When evaluating the team overall, sure.

But the record isn't useful when evaluating players or the rosters future potential.

As multiple people keep repeating, the team isn't doing bad at 5v5, it's the special teams and goaltending thats sinking them this year.
On top of that, there's been disappointing seasons from a few key players (Ghost/Provy/etc), but I'd bet on that being an unsustainable problem from most of them.

This year is over, but I'm not worried about the future of the roster once they have a REAL coach.

I just want to springboard on this point: they looked lost tonight no matter what the situation tonight. Breakouts, even unpressured, are an adventure and the number of unforced turnovers is ridiculous. I can't count how many times an offensive push consisted of 1 Flyer forward trying to go through 3-4 Cane defenders. The passing is bantam level, most Flyers are standing still on plays and their cycle game didn't seem interested in moving the puck toward the net.

I am looking forward to having a head coach who demands a system of fast puck movement into high-danger areas, of fluid line movement for multiple passing / shooting options, and a cohesive effort in all three zones. Until then, this squad could do their best to not look like one side of a game that started with a pile of sticks at centre ice.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I'm happy Lindblom played up. He looked good on the boards, made at least one decent drive to the net and looked to be in sync with g and couts, but he looked a little lost when he wasn't behind the net.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just want to springboard on this point: they looked lost tonight no matter what the situation tonight. Breakouts, even unpressured, are an adventure and the number of unforced turnovers is ridiculous. I can't count how many times an offensive push consisted of 1 Flyer forward trying to go through 3-4 Cane defenders. The passing is bantam level, most Flyers are standing still on plays and their cycle game didn't seem interested in moving the puck toward the net.

I am looking forward to having a head coach who demands a system of fast puck movement into high-danger areas, of fluid line movement for multiple passing / shooting options, and a cohesive effort in all three zones. Until then, this squad could do their best to not look like one side of a game that started with a pile of sticks at centre ice.
Sure, they definitely have games where they just flat out suck, like the first 45 minutes of this game.

But in that post I was talking about the season as a whole.

Overall, they're 13th in 5v5 goals for, which shows how badly the special teams and goaltending are letting them down. They definitely don't lack talent, they just lack someone who will properly utilize it at all strengths.

I'm basically just pointing out that the team isn't a lost cause, with no redeemable qualities and no reason for hope in their future. There are problems, but it's more of the few-but-large variety and they're very fixable. Not to mention the many upgrades we have on the way. In my opinion, it's time to be frustrated but not time to worry.

Reactions: BernieParent

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I'm happy Lindblom played up. He looked good on the boards, made at least one decent drive to the net and looked to be in sync with g and couts, but he looked a little lost when he wasn't behind the net.
he needs experience playing with better players. not 4th liners and expecting him to carry scoring from there.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hes tarnished his legacy enough at this point. Fletch needs to understand that and move him asap.
Like I said in the GDT, after what we've watched I'll be a little annoyed if he's gifted a spot on a top team and sees success there. He hasn't earned it this year.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don’t really want it to happen, but a part of me wishes they traded G.

He doesn’t deserve this shit. Made captain at arguably too young of an age after the organization did it to Richards.

Carried whatever dog shit slop was out around him for years. Laughable goalies far too often.

It’s idiotic that Holmgren is still employed. As the “Shanahan” - of this organization, as the team president he is supposed to guide them. f*** him. POS. Rot in hell you f***ing moron.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Like I said in the GDT, after what we've watched I'll be a little annoyed if he's gifted a spot on a top team and sees success there. He hasn't earned it this year.

I think we both know thats exactly what will happen. Hopefully the team falls short and then signs him to a regrettable extension :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t really want it to happen, but a part of me wishes they traded G.

He doesn’t deserve this ****. Made captain at arguably too young of an age after the organization did it to Richards.

Carried whatever dog **** slop was out around him for years. Laughable goalies far too often.

It’s idiotic that Holmgren is still employed. As the “Shanahan” - of this organization, as the team president he is supposed to guide them. **** him. POS. Rot in hell you ****ing moron.

Yeah he basically failed up into his position and since the current owner is clueless about hockey, Homer is safe indefinitely. Who could possibly even replace him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad