Post-Game Talk: #40: Hurricanes at FLYERS, Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
dont flame me for this, but what about benching or demoting giroux and jake?

Reactions: JXC

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hexy was over patient and made multiple team crushing decisions.

Fletch so far appear patient ( May be a blessing right now ) and has made zero crushing decisions.

He gets till the TDL till he gets my irrational venom.

For now tho a recall of Myers NAK and Pimp in some combo should be a no brainer

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
dont flame me for this, but what about benching or demoting giroux and jake?

For what possible reason should we bench or demote Giroux? I know he ONLY has 46 points in 40 games, and is our most consistent player, but what other reason (other than the "he hasnt won us a Stanely Cup" crazy comment)

Reactions: IronMarshal

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
In the two times they’ve drafted that high in my lifetime they lost the lottery to get JVR instead of Kane, who later scored the Cup clinching goal against us. Then they won the lottery to draft Patrick second overall who, and no offense to Patrick, is looking like one of the weaker top two picks from one of the weaker top twos in my modern era memory.

What I’m saying is I’m sure the universe will find a way to screw me/us over. In the end it doesn’t even matter.

Yeah, this is how I feel. On top of that, seeing a team like the Pens, whose organization pretty much didn't care about winning, get two of the top players in history handed to them in the draft because of their incompetence makes me feel like the universe is out to screw over the Flyers. Philadelphia sports made me a negative person. I was so sure the Eagles wouldn't win last year, I didn't even watch the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Why
The
Would you demote G.

**** I hate when people lump those 2 together.

Giroux is our ONLY consistent player

because it's not working, the compete effort is not there with them, what's wrong with trying something different instead of doing the same things over and over again?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
because it's not working, the compete effort is not there with them, what's wrong with trying something different instead of doing the same things over and over again?
You can make changes and do something different without benching your best forward.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, this is how I feel. On top of that, seeing a team like the Pens, whose organization pretty much didn't care about winning, get two of the top players in history handed to them in the draft because of their incompetence makes me feel like the universe is out to screw over the Flyers. Philadelphia sports made me a negative person. I was so sure the Eagles wouldn't win last year, I didn't even watch the Super Bowl.

What you all don’t realize is it’s my bad luck, or lack of luck, that infects everything I enjoy. Which is why the Eagles won and the Flyers are this ever since I started watching.

I apologize.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Yeah, not only is he pretty much our only consistent top forward (Coots has been good too) we do want him to re-sign here in a few years.

Let's try to help him not lump him in with the underachievers/trash.

YZ77

Aug 13, 2010
When will Flyers management and coaching staff get their collective heads out of their asses and call up Myers to the big show. Flyers D has been largely atrocious. Myers is +11 with 22 pts. on a slightly-above average Phantoms team. He can't be any worse than half the current Flyers D. How will you know what you've got if you don't give the kid a legitimate chance to show you. Waive Folin and MacDonald ffs.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
What a forgettable outing. That rally in the third was fool's gold in the extreme. This team shouldn't be getting punked by the Hurricanes, and Gudas shouldn't be the most visibly engaged player.

The reaction Simmonds had to scoring that goal (kudos) said so many things. It was routine, easy, and there was no joy in it. With the score as it was, they scored that goal in spite of themselves, and not for the betterment of team goals. Wayne has quit. I didn't want to say it out loud before. I've wanted him traded for a while (two, or three, off-seasons past), but now he should go because it's just not working here. The idea of him staying here and just walking in FA is ludicrous. Ask him for the list of teams he won't accept a trade, and deal with the other ~20 clubs.

We thought Neuvy was bad, and he is bad. The 2 on 1 goal that he let squeak through him, ugh.

I like Giroux (& Sanheim, TK), everyone else is questionable. The one thing I'm not seeing enough of is Wilson's impact on the defense, and a willingness to make the teams his own by Gordon. This team is obviously changing some of the point shot first habits they had, but they look nigh indistinguishable from when Hak was on the bench. Simmonds knows he's playing for his job next year, and is providing very little. The rest of these players should recognize they are in the same situation, playing for jobs (even if they already have contracts) next year, and they should act accordingly.

Would recalling Goulbourne help at all?

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
The reaction Simmonds had to scoring that goal (kudos) said so many things. It was routine, easy, and there was no joy in it.

I saw the same.

They didn’t really celebrate JVR’s goal, which made it 4-3, either.

Team Milquetoast

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I saw the same.

They didn’t really celebrate JVR’s goal, which made it 4-3, either.

Team Milquetoast

You want them to have big celebrations when they're down 4-1 early in the 3rd or 4-3 late in the 3rd?

Reactions: Tripod

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I don't even know where to start with this team. I've been following the Flyers since the early 70s pre Cup years and this is, without a doubt, the most pathetic and heartless bunch I've ever had the displeasure to witness. They need to make some major changes between now and the start of the 19-20 season, this team needs a heart transplant.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
You want them to have big celebrations when they're down 4-1 early in the 3rd or 4-3 late in the 3rd?
There's different levels of joy. He scored a goal, that should be joyous. Making the score 4-1, I expect no joy. Making the score 4-3, there should be joy. They just got the game within a goal, having been putting the puck in the net with seemingly new found ease against a goalie they personally know can be shaky, and have about 9 minutes left to score another to tie the game.

I'm not looking for Ovi's recreation of the Hendrix burning guitar, or the Kuzy birdman flap, but something with a pulse would be nice.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
JVR scored with 9 minutes remaining, their third goal in five minutes to pull within one. Crowd going crazy. On the ice it looked like one of them found a dime on the street.

Reactions: BiggE and Ruck Over

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
What vets are you talking about?
JVR is the biggest culprit, but Voracek disappears way too often for my liking and pretty much never back checks. There is just no sense of urgency with most of this team. They come out at the start of games playing with the intensity level you normally see during preseason. Sure, once they're down a few and the other team eases off the gas, they start to push back, but usually it's way too late. The lack of intensity shown at the start of games by this team is just flat out sad.

Reactions: JXC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->