4 teams left, who are the updated leading Conn Smythe candidates?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
JesusPrice.jpg

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Mtl vs NYI final and Price might win it either way... Though I still think it will be a VGK vs TBL final. In that case it will be Fleury or Kuch... If they keep it up

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Any of Kucherov, Vasy, Hedman, Point for Tampa, depending on the rest of the playoff games go. Tonight Kucherov and Hedman had assists, Point scored, and Vasy another 1 goal win

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Any of Kucherov, Vasy, Hedman, Point for Tampa, depending on the rest of the playoff games go. Tonight Kucherov a ootnd Hedman had assists, Point scored, and Vasy another 1 goal win
I don't think Hedman's in the race this year. Just not big enough of a factor 5 on 5 with him dealing with an injury. Also he's -5 I think. Right now I'd go with

1. Kucherov
2. Point
3. Vasilevskiy
4. Hedman

I think the top 3 are still all realistic but Hedman would need to do something miraculous to climb to the top. Although with Kucherov racking up ridiculous amount of points and Point scoring at an insane rate it's gonna be tough for Vasi too.

Last edited:

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Price's SV% is only 93.0%. Vasy's is 93.5%. Vasy has clearly been better Goalie this Playoffs. But he has better players infront of him too.

But Conn Smythe favourites are:
Fleury if Knights win
Price if Canadiens win
Vasy if Lightning wins
Pageau if Islanders win.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If TB wins : Kucherov, Point, Vasy, Hedman
If Vegas wins : MAF
If Montreal wins : Price
If the NYI win : Barzal

Last edited:

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Vasilevsky isn't winning the Conn Smythe over Point or Kucherov. If Point scores 15-20 goals in the playoffs, no one else is getting the Conn Smythe.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Price's SV% is only 93.0%. Vasy's is 93.5%. Vasy has clearly been better Goalie this Playoffs. But he has better players infront of him too.

Fleury if Knights win
Price if Canadiens win
Vasy if Lightning wins
Pageau if Islanders win.
so its not so clear then

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Habs- Price

Tampa- Vasi

Vegas- Fleury/Stone/Marchessault

Isles- You could make an argument for Palmieri, Pageau, Nelson, Bailey, or Pelech and it would be valid. League probably gives it to Barzal regardless.
Barzal is the least deserving.

Pageau is easily the most dangerous forward in Isles and drives the entire team.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

Fleury if Knights win
Price if Canadiens win
Vasy if Lightning wins
Pageau if Islanders win.

"Clearly been better".

Assuming 30 shots a game and a 7 game series, .935 would mean 13.65 goals against, .930 14.7 goals against over 7 games.

An extra 1.05 goal against over 7 games or 0.15 goals per game.

I wouldn't say such a tiny difference is "Clearly being better" especially with the all star cap cheating caliber lineup vasilevsky gets to play with.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Price hands down.

Then Pietrangelo
Then Point or Hedman
Then Barzal

But price is clearly the single most valuable to his team of the bunch right now/thus far. Habs are out of the playoffs in 4 or 5 games if he isn't in, all of the other teams probably still win the opening round & could potentially have made it this far without their top player

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad