4 teams left, who are the updated leading Conn Smythe candidates?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess that NHL players' poll where they listed Price as the best goalie in the league wasn't as far off as some thought after all. ;)

I'd like to see some of those fans who threw that under the rug come out and admit to their errors. That's good character but I suspect most of them will wait in the shadows like cowards. Ignoring what actual players have to say about it is nonsense.

I remember bringing this up over and over again and the ones who think they are experts kept calling him negative value. Price don't get enough credit for the patience he has with the Habs and their lack of ability to ice the right team in front of him. People ignore context like this and look at stats. Childish

I also remember saying Price with retention down to $7M has crazy good value but some fans still called him overrated. They deserve to eat crow!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Price is the obvious choice for the Habs but anyone who thinks he would be even close to winning the Smythe if Habs lose in the finals (especially if it's against the Lightning) is just kidding themselves.

Depends on how many games Price takes the Habs if they reach the final and loose. If it's 4 or 5 games, I might agree. If it's 6 or 7 games, not sure about that bud.

If the Habs PK and Price stops the Lightning PP efficiency which is 40% or more last time I checked, that's a major factor

However, Habs and Price need to worry about the Knights first. We have to focus on knocking out one cup contender at a time.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
For Tampa, it's Vasilevskiy by a good margin IMO. So far, he's in a class of his own. Stats AND eyetest wise.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
For the Bolts it all depends on how close Point and Kuch get to milestone records.

Let’s say Kuch 30 assists and Point 17 goals. If they hit that they will win. If not probably Vasi.

Wild to think Point could in theory get to 30 goals in the past 2 playoffs and not win the CS

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'd be fine with Vasi, Kuch or Point if the Lightning win. Price is obvious for Montreal. Maybe I'm wrong but feels like for Vegas and Islanders they have had such great team efforts not sure who would be their mvp for this run.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
I'd be fine with Vasi, Kuch or Point if the Lightning win. Price is obvious for Montreal. Maybe I'm wrong but feels like for Vegas and Islanders they have had such great team efforts not sure who would be their mvp for this run.

NYI is the trickiest. Pageau would have been it pre Lightning series. Pulock can get some run

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad