GDT: #4 - || Devils @ Canucks || Tuesday 10/8/13. 10pm est || "Return of the Ginger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Where did he make a mistake last night?? Last night was by far his best game. HIs outlet passes were crisp and on the tape. He was out of position one time that i could think of but Fatso wondered into a save for once.

Larsson played 18 minutes last night and wasn't on the ice for any of Edmonton's goals.

The poster I quoted thinks Larsson sucks, not me... Not sure why you are interpreting it the opposite way?

Metalownall

Oct 8, 2008
Quebec city
Looks like Larsson is sitting tonight's game...

A big fan of his but is he that bad he can be top-6 in an NHL team? Or Pete wants to send a message?

Only watched his pre-season game agaisnt Montreal where he potted and I thought he looked dominant.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A big fan of his but is he that bad he can be top-6 in an NHL team? Or Pete wants to send a message?

Only watched his pre-season game agaisnt Montreal where he potted and I thought he looked dominant.

Pete wants to send a message that he's an even bigger idiot than we thought.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's bullbleep that Pete keeps messing with his development.
#4 overall pick needs to learn the ropes in this league to gain confidence.
He's not a rookie anymore (when he should have been in Albany).

PWW

Feb 23, 2013
New Jersey
I am literally furious about everything Devils related right now aside from the offense. Never would've predicted that coming into the season.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Larsson speaking out makes this look really bad for Pete. Before that happened, Pete could have conceivably fibbed about this situation and claimed he wanted to give Fayne an opportunity while giving Larsson a chance to rest (citing, maybe, an unfamiliarity with playing back to backs or something).

It could have come off as protecting a kid. Now? It's clear Larsson knows that he was benched for performance. He probably looked around the room and said..."really? I know I've been bad but...really?"

Pete is going to end up getting himself fired. Maybe not today. But soon if he continues like this.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Pete is going to put out the best roster to win a game because he will get fired if we aren't in the playoff hunt. The construction of the defense is Lou's fault not Pete. Lou was the one that signed Zidlicky instead of letting Larsson take a more important role with this team. Fayne - Green was our best defensive pairing over the past two years. So I am happy to see them back together. I doubt Pete is going to let any 7th defenseman sit for more than 4 games in a row (maybe harrold?).

Personally I would have went with Larsson - Salvador, Greene - Fayne, Volc - Urbom/Harrold. I want for Merrill, Gelinas, and Sverson to make the jump up.

Greene, Zidlicky, Volch, Salvador are pretty much unscratchable for now. So Fayne, Larsson, and Harrold will be fighting for the two spots.

Pete is going to get fired this year if we aren't in the playoff hunt come 40 games into the season. So he is going to do whatever it takes to win. For all we know maybe Pete and Stevens have been asking Larsson to do X and he hasn't been doing it?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
tonights lines

Volchenkov - Salvador - Harrold
Sestito - Pelley - Janssen
(all forwards double shifted)

Traffic Cone - Bag Of Sand
#1 Coach Mug - a USB Stick
Rangers Fan - Playing Card Pyramid

Schneider (2 sticks, no glove)

All I am saying is:

WHY do we have to play the USB Stick, when we have a perfectly good Filing Cabinet in the press box upstairs?!? Fire Pete.

Edit: Bring up the Box of Rocks from the A.

B A T M A N

LOL Panther fans were so right.
Of course they were. Who else would know? The Panthers have the youngest team (youngest average) in the league. We have one of the oldest teams and this moron still can't get it right. I'm going to get Alfred to assassinate him.

Or maybe I can call Franklin and get him to snipe him during the game. That would be a cool mission.

DevilChuk*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 4m

Larsson said it is frustrating to be the one sitting out again, " but I’m not going to hang my head just because of one game...."

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m

Larsson cont: "...We’ll see what happens after next game. So, we’ll see, but I’m not happy about it.â€

ABOUT TIME LARSSON!

good.

if there's one thing I'd like to see out of this mess, its an angry and motivated Larsson.

Love to see a calm presence on the blue-line but have yet to see Adam's mean streak really shine through and you need a mean-streak to show up occasionally if you're his type of defensemen.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Larsson speaking out makes this look really bad for Pete. Before that happened, Pete could have conceivably fibbed about this situation and claimed he wanted to give Fayne an opportunity while giving Larsson a chance to rest (citing, maybe, an unfamiliarity with playing back to backs or something).

It could have come off as protecting a kid. Now? It's clear Larsson knows that he was benched for performance. He probably looked around the room and said..."really? I know I've been bad but...really?"

Pete is going to end up getting himself fired. Maybe not today. But soon if he continues like this.

Larsson is 20. I don't care if he plays every game or not. We are a staggering 3.7% through the season already, so I'm sure if things don't change in a hurry, we won't make the playoffs. lol.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I have no idea why the notion of scratching Salvador or Volchenkov is impossible to do. What the **** have they done to warrant such protection?

Scratching Volchenkov will **** up the vibe in the lockeroom, well tough luck to those who won't like it, man up and move the **** on.

I'd rather play with a "divided team" that will give me the best odds of racking a "W" instead of a united team that will suck cause one player will constantly **** up, giving the opposition a better chance at winning the god damn hockey game.

DevilChuk*

3 out of our last 4 1st round picks are scratched tonight

makes sense.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
While I certainly think Volch and harrold deserve benching more than Larsson, it's not without merit.

Larsson looked awful against the Islanders. He's been on the ice for as many goals against as Volchenkov and more than Harrold has. He hasn't been good so far.

Honestly, the best defenseman has been Salvador. Greene hasn't really been noticeable to me. Zids has gotten points, which is exactly what he's there for, but he still blows in defensive transition. Larsson has gotten burned a lot defensively but has gotten good looks offensively. Volchenkov and Harrold are just really bad hockey players

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Play all the old farts four in six games...sit the youngest player on the roster. BRILLIANT!

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
While I certainly think Volch and harrold deserve benching more than Larsson, it's not without merit.

Larsson looked awful against the Islanders. He's been on the ice for as many goals against as Volchenkov and more than Harrold has. He hasn't been good so far.

Honestly, the best defenseman has been Salvador. Greene hasn't really been noticeable to me. Zids has gotten points, which is exactly what he's there for, but he still blows in defensive transition. Larsson has gotten burned a lot defensively but has gotten good looks offensively. Volchenkov and Harrold are just really bad hockey players

In Larsson's defense, any of our defensemen would have gotten burned by Grabner.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You think Volch is hated now? Imagine this board in a few years when his play has declined even more. Yikes...

Its not even worth complaining about volch anymore because he has numerous years left on that poison pill of a deal and yes going to play whether we like it or not.

The ****** part is that if Fayne makes a mistake tonight he's back out of the lineup when he needs to be playing every game and learning.

If Volchenkov is still around in a few years then clearly Lou's reached Al Davis land (circa his last several years) and is just a caricature of himself.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Didn't Salvador say that the Grabner goal wasn't on Larsson? That it was a poorly timed change and Larsson could not have possibly made the play?

Yet we're just going to put that on Larsson anyway?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The irony is I would have had no problem if this had come after the Isle game...but he goes through eighteen minutes against the Oilers, by all accounts was not the issue late in the game, and NOW you bench him?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad