GDT: #4 - || Devils @ Canucks || Tuesday 10/8/13. 10pm est || "Return of the Ginger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
The irony is I would have had no problem if this had come after the Isle game...but he goes through eighteen minutes against the Oilers, by all accounts was not the issue late in the game, and NOW you bench him?!

He did this the last 2 years as well. Benches him at the most inexplicable times.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
While I certainly think Volch and harrold deserve benching more than Larsson, it's not without merit.

Larsson looked awful against the Islanders. He's been on the ice for as many goals against as Volchenkov and more than Harrold has. He hasn't been good so far.

Honestly, the best defenseman has been Salvador. Greene hasn't really been noticeable to me. Zids has gotten points, which is exactly what he's there for, but he still blows in defensive transition. Larsson has gotten burned a lot defensively but has gotten good looks offensively. Volchenkov and Harrold are just really bad hockey players

yes, this is how you judge a player's play.:sarcasm:

Truth is if any of our d-man were in the position they would have got burned. And they have been burned but they got bailed out by Marty but Larsson didn't, not to say he didn't play it poorly but he is not the worst defenseman on the team so he shouldn't be scratched.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
At least it's not a home game. Would hate to pay money for such a stupid decision.

Though maybe they offer better food in the suites in VanCity?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
yes, this is how you judge a player's play.:sarcasm:

Truth is if any of our d-man were in the position they would have got burned. And they have been burned but they got bailed out by Marty but Larsson didn't, not to say he didn't play it poorly but he is not the worst defenseman on the team so he shouldn't be scratched.

I'm just saying. People are acting outraged, like Larsson is beyond reproach and we just benched '94 Ray Bourque or something. Larsson hasn't been good so far this year.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
If Volchenkov is still around in a few years then clearly Lou's reached Al Davis land (circa his last several years) and is just a caricature of himself.

Volchenkov is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He plays 3rd pairing minutes for 5on5 and first pairing minutes for penalty kill. He most likely will be bought out before next season anyway.

I think Larsson should play every game no matter what but I completely understand why he is the first to be bench. He has been on for 0 GF and 4 GA 5on5.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Larsson was constantly getting crushed and pressured in the defensive zone last night

How many times is he going to fake slap shot-pass the puck? and when he does shoot it's more of a dump in weak shot on net - let the ****er go

While he hasn't been horrible, he has by no means been good either

The problem here is his age in comparison to the washed up player and fringe player playing over him

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Volchenkov is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He plays 3rd pairing minutes for 5on5 and first pairing minutes for penalty kill. He most likely will be bought out before next season anyway.

I think Larsson should play every game no matter what but I completely understand why he is the first to be bench. He has been on for 0 GF and 4 GA 5on5.

Yeah... o ****ing k. :loony:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
you guys better not play the trap :sarcasm:

lol

my God, I wish we played the trap last night. Blow a 3-0 lead.

It just doesn't matter. We haven't trapped in years and still get accused of it.

Hey, I don't understand why you guys don't break out those rainbow V's anymore. Those jerseys were stylin'.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Volchenkov and Harrold have longer leashes.

Fayne or Larsson make a mistake...that's it. Deboer has to "punish" them and teach a lesson.

The senior citizens on the team don't need any maturing.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Lou's Carrier pigeons must be flying in at warp speed with offers for Larsson.

That's our saving grace. Lou will get annoyed and do something about this. Too many pigeons.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah... o ****ing k. :loony:

If we take Volch out of the lineup and put Fayne or Harrold in his place we aren't going to be much better. People act like Volch is a massive negative to this team when he pretty much is your average 3rd pairing Defenseman in the NHL who is pretty good on the PK. Personally I rather have Fayne playing but the difference isn't going to be much in terms of W/L.

It would make sense for Pete to keep him in the lineup to make it easy for Lou to try and trade him, but that isn't going to happen because Volch can easily be replaced for a lot less than 4 million.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Lou's Carrier pigeons must be flying in at warp speed with offers for Larsson.

That's our saving grace. Lou will get annoyed and do something about this. Too many pigeons.

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
Do you think we have a shot of winning tonight?
Thinking about staying up, the game starts @ 4am in Norway, but it wont be any fun if we lose!:-(

I got a bottle of Jim Beam though...

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
DeBoer just continues to baffle me with his decisions. That is a new level of stupid. Volch is good for a goal against each game and still plays. Gionta shouldn't be on an NHL roster and somehow stays in the lineup over Carter. You have to be ****ing kidding me.

If Volchenkov is still around in a few years then clearly Lou's reached Al Davis land (circa his last several years) and is just a caricature of himself.

If that would ever happen, i am done with this team. I simply cannot handle a GM going senile a second time. But since Lou does not own the team, i highly doubt it.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Do you think we have a shot of winning tonight?
Thinking about staying up, the game starts @ 4am in Norway, but it wont be any fun if we lose!:-(

I got a bottle of Jim Beam though...

If we win, it is a great way to start the day, if we lose, you will hate yourself for getting up in the middle of the night and will be grumpy all day.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
lol

my God, I wish we played the trap last night. Blow a 3-0 lead.

It just doesn't matter. We haven't trapped in years and still get accused of it.

Hey, I don't understand why you guys don't break out those rainbow V's anymore. Those jerseys were stylin'.

lol, a lot of people have actually bought those jerseys :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad