GDT: #4 - || Devils @ Canucks || Tuesday 10/8/13. 10pm est || "Return of the Ginger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Everything always seems cool when Bgav is in here. It's like something good is gonna happen, but then I realize we're playing the Canucks!:laugh:

I've been known to be a good luck charm for the Canucks at times, so hopefully the lack of my presence over on their board tonight will work in our favor.;)

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
If we take Volch out of the lineup and put Fayne or Harrold in his place we aren't going to be much better. People act like Volch is a massive negative to this team when he pretty much is your average 3rd pairing Defenseman in the NHL who is pretty good on the PK. Personally I rather have Fayne playing but the difference isn't going to be much in terms of W/L.

It would make sense for Pete to keep him in the lineup to make it easy for Lou to try and trade him, but that isn't going to happen because Volch can easily be replaced for a lot less than 4 million.

He's our worst defenseman in every way, I'm starting to think that Mark Fraser, Ken Klee, David Hale, & Sean Brown would still be better than Volch.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Everything always seems cool when Bgav is in here. It's like something good is gonna happen, but then I realize we're playing the Canucks!:laugh:

I've been known to be a good luck charm for the Canucks at times, so hopefully the lack of my presence over on their board tonight will work in our favor.;)

Stop being so selfish and post over there :sarcasm:

If you guys wanna see lu and Schnieds comments on the game

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's our worst defenseman in every way, I'm starting to think that Mark Fraser, Ken Klee, David Hale, & Sean Brown would still be better than Volch.

I'm thinking the same thing. The thing with Volchenkov is that he keeps regressing every year.

When both he and Fraser were on the team at the same time in 10-11, Volchenkov was way better than Fraser. Volchenkov just keeps declining every year and now he's worse than all of those guys when they were here.

I hated Colin White his last 2 years here. I mean Whitey sucked a fat one those last 2 years. He was still better than Volchenkov is now. I'm convinced the 36 year old White that hasn't played in 2 years, wouldn't be any worse than Volchenkov is now.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

Maybe they would be a little better but it would not really make a difference in the W/L. It pretty silly people beat up on Volch when he doesn't really do much during 5on5 (was on of 13 GF and 19 GA last season) and is 2nd in PK time. The teams problem last season wasn't because of Volch.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
wait larsson sitting? k I'm done with this coach. Admittedly Larsson hasn't been the best but he's young and needs to learn and improve. How the hell will he do that if he keeps getting benched and pylon vets are getting favoritism.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
How many of those GA were game-winning goals?

How many games did we lose by 1 goal last year (not including the empty netter)?

My biggest problem with the defense (and our supposed two-way center depth) is not being able to shut it down when it matters.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Can everyone keep a log of everything Fayne does tonight so that when he is scratched next game we can possibly understand?

I will...I expect him to make mistakes. Everything will be closely watched while cement feet aka Volchenkov gets away with being out of position.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Larsson shouldn't be sitting over Volch, but he has been crappy still. He's not showing anything. Yea he's 20, but I don't see the skill showing and he has very little grit. He's gonna have to make virtually zero mistakes for him to be an impact player because he's pretty meh in all areas.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This is going to sound really petty and stupid, but Pete DeBoer has single handedly killed all excitement I once had for this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd like to know what Josefson needs to do to get into the line up.

If he was 10 years older, he could be enrolled in Pete's entitlement program. Then he can go and complain about being scratched, and be right back in the lineup. Just like Tallinder last year.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
This is going to sound really petty and stupid, but Pete DeBoer has single handedly killed all excitement I once had for this season.

I'm right there with you. Between the Urbom fiasco last week, the shutout last Thursday, the goal song debacle/shootout loss on Friday, choking away another 3 goal lead last night, and the bizarre lineup changes today, this last week has been an unmitigated disaster for this team. They've really sucked the life outta me and were not even a week into the season. I'm absolutely dreading this game tonight because there's a good chance it will get ugly. Going back to last March, watching Devils hockey has been a chore more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad